Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

*Planning Thread* Pet a palooza Las Vegas April 9

Guest Guest
Here is the place to discuss plans for attending the Pet A Palooza concert in Las Vegas on April 9.

Who's all going? I am. Me and my Sis are going. Just to be around two of my favorite things, dogs and David Cook, is heaven for me.

Guest Guest
I'm so glad to know that you get to go to this Viv!

Guest Guest

That's awesome, Viv! So happy for you. Very Happy You'll have to tell us all about it.

My little group and I will be there. Smile

Have fun ya'll. I suddenly stopped moping around about not being able to go to this yesterday when the DC show came up. I want pics!

Guest Guest
Have fun Jul! I can't wait to see what goodies you bring back for the fandom.

SO happy for you, Viv! And Jul & your crew. Please come back and share it all with us!

And if anyone planning to go to this concert has an iphone or android phone and would like to help share this concert live with the rest of the world who can't make it, please PM me. Smile

Guest Guest

For those of you going, I just saw this description of the Florida Petapalooza show posted by ItsMyTime over on DCO:

Quote :

I went to Petapalooza in FL last weekend with Ryan Star and Kris Allen. Obviously, IDK if it will be the exact same setup but I can describe their acoustic setups. Ryan was on acoustic guitar or keyboard depending on the song, and Dallin on keyboard and/or drums.You can see the extent of the "drums" at about the 1:15 minute mark.

Kris Allen had 2 of his band members with him. Chris Torres, his drummer was rapping his hands on one of those box thingys (yeah, I know NOTHING about drums LOL) and his lead guitarist was also on an acoustic guitar.

It made for a very chill and relaxing show and the dogs were really well behaved. Only one dog had a bit of a howlingfit during one song, but everyone just laughed.

I am so excited to be going. Jul, I remember seeing you in Central Park for GMA show in 2009, but you were talking to people and I didn't want to disturb. I'm pretty sure it was you from your pic. So if I see you I'm gonna make a point to introduce myself.

I want to meet Jane too, if I can.

My two favorite things in the world are David Cook and dogs, so this day is gonna be heaven for me. Smile

As this is an all day type show, do we have any info on what time David is performing? Also does anyone know if we need to bring something to sit on like a chair or a blanket or something? I know nothing about these events. Do they have chairs? Cause surely they don't expect people to stand for 8 hours straight.

Guest Guest
Viv-here is some info from the radio stations website-it says no chairs but I read on twitter some people where talking about bringing a blanket to sit on if that is ok. No time listed for performers but maybe call & ask them if you have any specific questions.

Pet-a-palooza info

Bummer about no chairs. Viv, I'd definitely suggest a blanket in that case, especially since we don't know when David will be on.

Guest Guest

So glad you are going Viv & Sis and Jul & crew! Hope y'all have a great time and remember to bring some goodies back:)

Also, as Stacy said, it would be great to know if someone going has an iphone or android phone Pretty please!!!

Guest Guest

I found this video from last year that shows a lot of crowd shots. Looks like people are standing (for performances anyway) towards the front, and sitting further back. At least from the part I watched.

WOOHOO, I'll be there!!!! Cannot wait. Only 8 more days!!!! Very Happy I've never been to Vegas before. SO excited!

@vsteph1 wrote:
I am so excited to be going. Jul, I remember seeing you in Central Park for GMA show in 2009, but you were talking to people and I didn't want to disturb. I'm pretty sure it was you from your pic. So if I see you I'm gonna make a point to introduce myself.

I want to meet Jane too, if I can.

My two favorite things in the world are David Cook and dogs, so this day is gonna be heaven for me. Smile

Awww, it would have been no problem if you came up and said hello! Be sure to stop me if you see me this time. Smile

Stacy, I have an Android and I will be there. Very Happy
I would be glad to help stream if it is still needed.

So excited! Can't believe this is only a few days away. I'm getting to Vegas on Thursday night, because I don't have school on Friday. I am so excited to see David and everyone that is going! It has been way too long!

Kateland, I sent you a PM. We JOYFULLY take you up on your offer. We will work out the details with you hopefully tonight and get you all ready to go. Once we do a test run to make sure it works, we'll let everyone know it's on for sure.
Yahoo!

A little over 48 effing hours till take off.... Excited2WooHoo!!

Guest Guest
Excited2 I'm excited and I'm not even going lol.

Guest Guest
I think Train is the headliner. They are on last. Viv just posted in another thread saying that an email she got said David would be on 3rd or 4th right before Train. If it goes like previous Pet a Paloozas I think he would do about 8 songs or so.

Here is the schedule...

Andy Grammer - 11:30
Fefe Dobson - 1:00
David - 2:30
Train - 4:30

Guest Guest
Thanks for the schedule! Reminder to our members, that's pacific time. Be sure to adjust for your time zone.

Guest Guest
The day of the show we will post a link to the stream.

Guest Guest

Great time for me-I will be awake by then since I work Friday night. Then we can go out for dinner like we planned after the show. Great

justforme wrote:

thank you so much!!!!!!!!! this is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShookByCook wrote:
Great time for me-I will be awake by then since I work Friday night. Then we can go out for dinner like we planned after the show. Great

Barb, are you going?

justforme wrote:

thank you so much!!!!!!!!! this is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yahoo! I can't wait!

Guest Guest
No Viv, not going to Vegas but going to RFH. I work Friday night so I will sleep when I get home Saturday morning. I had made plans to go to dinner here so the timing works out perfect. Should be a fun day for all going!

Well, off to work and then it'll be time!!! Will try to keep you all updated! Smile

Just checking in before I take off. Heading to Chicago in a couple of hours, then leaving for Vegas later on tonight. Will update you all as much as possible. Not sure if I'll be able to post here, but definitely will on Twitter Smile

Guest Guest
Have fun ladies, and bring us back lots of goodies!

Don't worry, Jeannie...we got it covered!! Very Happy

Safe travels everyone. I changed my avi pic to me so if you see me you will know what I look like. I'm not leaving till tomorrow night. Have fun everyone. And as it is Vegas, Good luck! Smile

Guest Guest
Have a safe trip and a great weekend!

Guest Guest

All of you going, HAVE A GREAT TIME!!! CheersDC CheerleaderCheers

We'll be watching in the ustream Very Happy

Guest Guest
I swear I would know David was going to Vegas just by looking at the weather report. All of you going please be careful !

We are leaving around 4am so should be there by 10 or so. Hopefully.

Stoked!

Guest Guest
Hope y'all have safe travels and a great time! We'll be glued to the stream!!!

Guest Guest
The weather forecast is looking better than it has all week. Thankfully the isolated thunder storms outlook has changed to partly cloudy. That should make things easier for all of you attending Pet a Palooza.

I wish you all safe travels and a wonderful day!

Guest Guest
I'll be locking this thread now.

You can find discussion about the concert HERE

Live Stream HERE