Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cookie4tune

[International] This Loud Morning Marketing/Promotion and Tour Discussions

So, I was thinking to open separate thread about this, and after consulting with one of the mods (okay... Made... lol) and careful consideration, here we are Smile

Every one (international fans or not) is allowed to join the discussions and share their two cents. Here we can talk about any ideas, thoughts, or even frustrations about international marketing/promotion and touring stuff. And let's not forget to stick to the forum rules Smile

Anyone want to share their experience with local radios or label regarding Dave's new album?

Guest Guest
I'm not even international and I'm frustrated that I haven't heard TLG on any of my local stations. I can't imagine how frustrating it is for all of you in countries where he isn't promoted at all.

Guest Guest

Count me in as frustrated!! I wanna hear TLG on my radio too. It took a good month before LO played in my city and I never once heard CBTM at all....until LAST WEEK, while I was shopping at the mall!!! Tantrum

Yeah, that's one of our main frustrations, Barb. I did see some tweets from local radio stations that they're playing TLG, but not to my ears. I think I need to make more time to listen to radios, which is kind of hard to do with all the cookie crumbs floating around lately. Lol.

When DYFAM was first out, I tweeted SonyMusicID about it, thinking that they would, at least, retweet it. Nope. Then I thought, okay, DYFAM is a "side" project so they might not feel the need to promote it, so I waited til TLG.
Then I tweeted about TLG, still nothing!!! I was like "wtf, it was only a simple click away!" and they didn't even make effort to do it.

So it came to the point where I was horrendously frustrated, so I decided to e-mail Sony about that, asking why there's no promotion and such, for if they lack info on everything about This Loud Morning, I'm pretty sure I can give them (more than) enough info Razz
But guess what? No response. Judging by the lack of promotional info on their site, such as iTunes/Amazon/DCO links or even short biography, I'm thinking that they just don't update the site regularly, or at all.

That is deeply frustrating.

I asked RCA Ed once about the lack of promotion/tour opportunity internationally (excluding Philippines, b/c SonyMusicPhil promotes David quite extensively) and here is his answer:

Quote :
Cookie4Tune: not trying to break your heart, but the costs of
international touring (19) and promotion (RCA) are so high, that if
certain countries only possess a small fan contingent, DC may not be
visiting personally anytime soon. It's impossible for me to put a
specific number on what that fanbase size is, because all it takes is a
single invite to a concert at a Formula 1 race or other specific event
to justify a trip, but for an extensive promo run or concert tour to
make sense, the numbers will have to add up. My current Google
Analytics show that DC's audience is 80% U.S. / 20% ex-U.S. (no, I can't
share ex-U.S. numbers per country at this time), so there's a good
number of you out there. Don't lose hope!

I was talking with Made and we agreed that the number of fanbase should not affect promotion, in a sense that if there are barely fans in a country, then there's barely promotion. But how will David garner more fans when there's no promotion? So it's like a satanic circle!

Yes I saw that!!! They're lucky! Now if the Vietnam gig is true, then I would really throw a hissy fit! LOL flag

I agree Dinna how can they expect to get to more people in other countries if they don't make any promotion in these countries. On the contrary these are they places they should make more of an effort. As of right now I have absolutely no hope to hear him on the local radio and I don't think they played anything from the first album.

Now if that London show is by some miracle turns out to be true... I'm there in a heartbeat.

I'm thinking probably false or some other DC, since it lists 5/26 and that's finale night..

Finale night IS 5/26? Right? Cause that is Thursday and the shows have been on Wed and Thursday.

@vsteph1 wrote:
OMG. David playing in London? Did you guys see this? I LOVE LONDON!

http://eventful.com/events/organ-recital-david-cook-/E0-001-039033625-2

ETA: I don't think it's true. Isn't May 26th the last night for Idol. It is a Thursday. How can he be in two places at once?

Hmmm- not only that --- admission is supposedly free --- if there is nothing in it for RCA (no profits) - would they really be wanting for David to go there - considering that, per RCA Ed, unless the numbers add up, RCA wouldn't even bother sending David to ex-USA places... scratch

@Analytics wrote:
@vsteph1 wrote:
OMG. David playing in London? Did you guys see this? I LOVE LONDON!

http://eventful.com/events/organ-recital-david-cook-/E0-001-039033625-2

ETA: I don't think it's true. Isn't May 26th the last night for Idol. It is a Thursday. How can he be in two places at once?

Hmmm- not only that --- admission is supposedly free --- if there is nothing in it for RCA (no profits) - would they really be wanting for David to go there - considering that, per RCA Ed, unless the numbers add up, RCA wouldn't even bother sending David to ex-USA places... scratch

It is a charity though, I think. Not sure for what.

Not sure about the London gig, BUT the Idol finale nights are actually Tues-Weds... not exactly sure why, but I remember Rickey and MJ tweeting about it. Still though, LA one day, London the next seems rough.

Not sure about the London gig, BUT the Idol finale nights are actually Tues-Weds... not exactly sure why, but I remember Rickey and MJ tweeting about it. Still though, LA one day, London the next seems rough.

Good point. Especially with the time difference. I mean it could be done, but It would have to be a RED EYE or The Concord, I think. lol

Guest Guest
The AI finale was moved to Tuesday and Wednesday because Wednesday is the last day of May sweeps, and they wanted their finale to count for that.

I have a feeling that is another David Cook, and someone messed up. I kept thinking, "That starts out saying "Organ Recital - David Cook" and I know Dave's talented, but why would he be playing the organ? He said he still isn't sure if his piano playing is ready for a concert setting. And does he even play the organ? So I did a little googling, and there is a David Cook who is an organist and has played that venue in the past. You can order a CD of Jonathan Melling and David Cook playing there.
And David Cook is scheduled to do another recital there on July 11, 2011. Don't think he's coming twice in two months... once just 2 weeks after his cd drops and he'll be promoting it.

I also found that a David Cook had played an organ recital at St Mary's Church in London in May of 2010.

I'm thinking that events listing put the wrong David Cook in there... though I hope for the sake of his European fans that it is correct.

Thanks for the info, Jeannie. I still think it's not him, but the description that includes Idol info is highly misleading.

Guest Guest
There was a show being listed for a (I think it was in Florida) show with David Cook earlier this year. It had our Dave's picture and bio, but it really didn't make any sense at the time, as he had said no more shows until the album was done. It turned out it was another David Cook, and after some checking the website changed it. They don't always do good fact checking when they do these things, unfortunately.

I feel all of you international fans' pain. It sucks that it's a vicious cycle - no tours without a definite large showing of interest, but no promotion in those countries makes it tough to get that showing of interest. I'm not a big fan of David being an opening act, as I do think he's beyond that - unless it's a HUGE entertainer he opens for, but for an international tour I think that would be the perfect thing for him. If he hooked up with a group/person that was popular overseas, he could open for them for awhile and get some international exposure that way.

Guest Guest
That would be a great idea, Jeannie -- hook up with a popular international group that is touring or even local bands in each country he goes to.

As for the Vietnam gig Dinna mentioned, I haven't heard anything about it here (not that they'd say much about it where I am if it's being held in another city, tho). I hope it's true for peeps here but I wish if he was coming here he'd tour around to a few more countries in the area while he's here.

I agree with Jeannie, he's beyond opening for others. I don't know how much he'll gain from it either. I can only speak for myself but I can honestly say that other then one or two opening acts I saw, and I saw many shows over the years, I don't remember any of them. Pepole who come to see a huge entertainer don't usually care much for the opening and usually don't even bother to truly listen. Most time all they want is for the opening to be over and for their band/singer to get on stage. The only one I remember cleartly is Tom Petty while he opened for Bob Dylan and the only reason I remember him is because I was there for him and not for Bob Dylan. Not only that but opening acts are usually short and includes maybe 3-5 songs top but I guess it's better then nothing.

That said, I do think he's got enough fans in Europe and surely in Brazil for 1-2 shows. Maybe the crowd won't be as big as in US shows but I truly believe he can fill a medium size club. I'm pretty sure people will come to London from all over Europe for him.

For the sake of my sanity, I don't want him to open anyone. I need him to do a full show. Lol. *greedy*

Besides, this weekend Lee DeWyze was performing in a hotel here. Media says it's an exclusive performance to promote his album Live It Up. Probably why I didn't know about it (but then again, I was too busy with Dave goodies). BUT, Lee is NOT a household name here. When he performed Sweet Serendipity at a TV show, no one knew the song, let alone sang along. So, it's very surprising for me to see him here.

If I take his number of fans into account, then it's contradictory with what Ed has said. Unless Lee got a sponsor backing him up.

Guest Guest
I agree that openers are generally ignored... unless they open for David Cook - Ryan Star and GRO certainly got a lot of fans from opening for David (count me among them.) But that's the oddity. I honestly don't pay much attention to openers myself, and I rarely see anyone around me paying attention either.

It costs a lot of money to send someone overseas to tour, and so there has to be at least the probability of making that money back, preferably with a profit. That's why there needs to be a showing of a good amount of fans. If the album sells well overseas, I could see it happening without his being an opener.

No offense to Lee fans, but he doesn't seem to be doing all that great in the US, though to be fair he's just about to start touring here, so it's hard to say if that will help him pick up or not. But if he got invited to do a one off show in Indonesia, they may have agreed just to test the waters over there.

Back to David, I think Anat might be onto something that there are plenty of European fans who would go to London to see him. So they might decide to try a couple of shows there to see how it works.

Brazil I think he'd play in a heartbeat because of his Brazilian fans... but the question is does the label think there are enough of them who could and would travel to see him (because Brazil's a fairly big country, right?) to justify the costs? Ultimately these decisions aren't David's... they are the label's. And the almighty dollar rules there.

Maybe if he does open for someone on an overseas tour, they could arrange a few smaller shows on off days where he was headlining. That would help cut some of the costs, and still give the fans a chance to see the guys do a full show live.

Okay, I get the part about how touring abroad has to be cost effective, i.e., sold out shows, large audiences, big merch sales.... But to achieve that, don't you kinda need to do some promo?? Why not start with getting radio play and some marketing with music media people in other countries regarding the new album??? I know money it tight, but wouldn't it be worth it to send out some free copies of the album/singles/videos to foreign media??

scratch

Guest Guest

Interesting in a recent interview David did mention something about maybe opening for someone when touring. I think if he did that along with headlining shows he could get all those 300 shows he wants to do in for this next tour.

I hope he is able to set up some shows for the international fans. He loves to travel & his fans overseas should get to see him live. I guess it is up to his management & I hope they can work it out for all of you.

Since David's first tour had a lot of GA shows, the guys before him got a lot of exposure. When you have assigned seats I think you see more people come in later & don't watch the opener in some cases.

When David did the Davie show the guy behind us came for The Script & was planning to leave after them. We told him he should stay & he did and we heard a big "Wow" at the accapella Lie part from him. So in this case David gained a new fan-plus this guy had grown up following bands he said but not as much anymore-just happened to see The Script on Letterman so he showed up before this show and got a 2nd row seat. Oh-and lots of other people were hoping he would leave so they could have his seat LOL Face

For the sake of my sanity, I don't want him to open anyone. I need him to do a full show. Lol. *greedy*

Besides, this weekend Lee DeWyze was performing in a hotel here. Media says it's an exclusive performance to promote his album Live It Up. Probably why I didn't know about it (but then again, I was too busy with Dave goodies). BUT, Lee is NOT a household name here. When he performed Sweet Serendipity at a TV show, no one knew the song, let alone sang along. So, it's very surprising for me to see him here.

If I take his number of fans into account, then it's contradictory with what Ed has said. Unless Lee got a sponsor backing him up.

Not that I'm against Lee or something. But I don't think he is more popular in Indonesia than David. I don't think I can react to how popular David is in my country cos we LOVE him. But I still wish for more exposure, more marketing, more of his music being played here. There are couple of radio stations that plays TLG -I sleep in the morning so I'm not sure if it's just 2 radio stations-. But there's a radio in the lobby of our office and I haven't heard TLG played. I did hear ABMB -yes, we still play it here-, Avalanche, Permanent, CBTM and if I'm lucky enough LO. I think I should call a radio station every break just to make sure I'll hear it play.

We really should do something about radio requests. I just think that maybe some fans are not as patient as us waiting for the sophomore record.

*Talking to Raine and Mane-markaede- earlier and we're willing to watch David if he ever go to Indonesia, then watch him again *of course* in the Philippines. So crossing fingers for the tour*

Sony did NOTHING to promote he at Brazil and when we - the fans - wrote them, they answered us that WE are the ones that would be in charge to promote him. How ? We do our best but only Sony is able to make insertions at TV shows, radios, magazines.
I'm so hopeless - again !!

I am clueless about the whole marketing/promotion thing, so I'm gonna ask: if the label is to test the waters, would they make the event private instead of public?

Cause I'm not really sure the public knew Lee was gonna do a show, at all. Gah, I'm so confused.

On the other side, Archie is coming in July headlining an event by Pond's. Now I think this kind of event is what Ed meant by "invitations to justify a trip", so there's hope for David in that sense, but I still think it's not the same as a full concert. In Brazil, it may be something like Rock in Rio, Chris.

Peggy, as far as I know, the label reps do send free copies of albums/singles/videos to radio stations. But that's about it, I think. It depends on the airplay and the requests to keep the songs on the chart. When they're off the chart so quickly, it lowers the chance for a show even more. The thing is, people just don't listen to radios that often anymore -let alone request a song-, unless they listen to them on their Blackberrys or iPhones, which I don't think so too. The hope left is with videos played on TV. In Asia, local TVs don't play that many music videos anymore unless maybe on music programs, so we usually depend on MTV, VH1, or Channel V, and those channels are only available on cable here. Again, it's limiting.

But let's not lose hope! All I can hope for now is that TLM will be BIG so that Dave would get big offers. And then he can travel wherever he wants to travel!

Guest Guest
I have no clue, but guess that the private event was an invitation to Lee, not something the label has anything to do with. Which probably means someone there likes him and wanted him. They may well be paying all his expenses for the event.

Guest Guest

Just getting updated with the thread. Good idea, Dinna Great

I have ranted about this since DCTR was released (not here of course Mad ). None of David's song have ever been aired here either. And I'm not even saying that he should come do a show! The only thing I'm asking is that they send the albums to some selected radio stations, so they can start playing it!!! AI is not that popular here, so the majority doesn't know who the heck David Cook is.

It's like the riddle of the chicken or the egg revisited. If no radios are playing his music and none of his music is being sold in stores, how the heck does RCA expect him to be popular? How does RCA expect us fans to promote him by requesting songs radios don't know about??? I've posted about this in RCAEd's thread and I got the same BS answer the rest of you int'l fans got, re fandom numbers, blah, blah *rolls eyes till they hurt*

Regarding live shows in particular, I know it's very, very expensive to transport all the equipment and people needed to put up a show. But I definitely think there are enough fans in Brazil, Argentina and other neighbouring countries to schedule a show or two for people in the region. With the right promotion, radio plays and albums in the stores being sold, I'm sure more people would be interested in attending the show even if it means traveling.

Guest Guest

BTW, I did my little google investigation too, lol and posted in Eventful that this was not a David Cook AI winner's event but apparently Keston Parish Choir organist and choirmaster, David Cook. Very Happy

Made wrote:
Just getting updated with the thread. Good idea, Dinna Great

I have ranted about this since DCTR was released (not here of course Mad ). None of David's song have ever been aired here either. And I'm not even saying that he should come do a show! The only thing I'm asking is that they send the albums to some selected radio stations, so they can start playing it!!! AI is not that popular here, so the majority doesn't know who the heck David Cook is.

It's like the riddle of the chicken or the egg revisited. If no radios are playing his music and none of his music is being sold in stores, how the heck does RCA expect him to be popular? How does RCA expect us fans to promote him by requesting songs radios don't know about??? I've posted about this in RCAEd's thread and I got the same BS answer the rest of you int'l fans got, re fandom numbers, blah, blah *rolls eyes till they hurt*

Regarding live shows in particular, I know it's very, very expensive to transport all the equipment and people needed to put up a show. But I definitely think there are enough fans in Brazil, Argentina and other neighbouring countries to schedule a show or two for people in the region. With the right promotion, radio plays and albums in the stores being sold, I'm sure more people would be interested in attending the show even if it means traveling.

I see we share the same "problem" and lack of hope, Made ! Very Sad
We can only pray for a miracle.
I see so many friends here that - unless David comes here or to a neighbor country like Argentina, Uruguay, Chile - will never see one of his shows... and this is so sad...
Let's Fingers Crossed!!! together that someone with the power could watch over us, and all the fans he has around the world !
All his fans deserves to see his shows !!

Guest Guest

{{{Chris}}} Though I'm dying to see DC&TA in concert as many others in this and other regions, my main concern is the lack of promotion David's getting abroad.

Don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled to see what a great effort David's management/marketing team are putting into his US promotion! They are doing, IMO, a much better job than with DCTR. But why not expand the probabilities and income by doing, what I think would be a minimum effort to promote him abroad? I wonder, is it soooo expensive to send some EPs to selected radio stations in each country, just to kick off the promotion and see what happens? I don't think so, RCA/Sony et al Rolling Eyes

Made wrote:
{{{Chris}}} Though I'm dying to see DC&TA in concert as many others in this and other regions, my main concern is the lack of promotion David's getting abroad.
Don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled to see what a great effort David's management/marketing team are putting into his US promotion! They are doing, IMO, a much better job than with DCTR. But why not expand the probabilities and income by doing, what I think would be a minimum effort to promote him abroad? I wonder, is it soooo expensive to send some EPs to selected radio stations in each country, just to kick off the promotion and see what happens? I don't think so, RCA/Sony et al Rolling Eyes

I agree with you Made !! I'm Not Worthy!
And I didn't get you wrong. Hug

I was only letting flow my (and the other International Fans) HUGE frustration for the few hopes we have to see him coming to our countries.
I'm thinking not in me (cause sooner or later I can manage to fly to US to see him again) but at the other ones who can't.
Like you, spread his name, his music all over the world, see his success grows to the levels he deserves - is the most important thing for me, cause I love that guy ! Awww Love
I agree that compared with DCTR promotion - his marketing now is great - but only at US.
I really cannot understand why RCA/Sony does nothing to make him well known outside US !!
IMO they think "small" - like it's a spare of resources to invest into his promotion at other countries - as if for them it's enough to promote him at US...
AND IT ISN'T !Tantrum

He started his career as an "American Idol" but now he is much more than this, his name, his music had already crossed the US borders !
I hope this time they make something more effective to promote HIM, his single, his album abroad !!

Guest Guest
I totally get were you're coming from, Chris!

To be honest, at this point, my only hope that they will seriously consider expanding promotion outside the US is if David, TLM or any of its songs are nominated for a Grammy. That's exactly what happened with Daughtry, at least here...

Here in Brazil one of the easiest ways to make an artist well known is having one of his songs at a "novela" (soap opera) of our most watched TV (Globo TV).
A lot of artists became well known here because their songs were used as a love theme or soundtrack of these soap operas.
This happened with Jason Mraz - he was almost unknown here and then 2 of his songs were used at 2 soap operas. Now he's well known, plays at the radios, makes success, he came here last year to some shows (I went to one of them) and the venue was packed with fans - from teens to middle aged people like me.
But we - the fans - cannot make the same happens to David. It's RCA/Sony the one who needs to contact the producers and "show" them David's songs.

Guest Guest
Looks like those of you in (and near) Vietnam *cough*Kathy*cough* are in luck. RCA Ed just posted this:

Quote :
Vietnam info coming soon - just waiting on final details from 19.

What I don't understand is why other less successful Idols get to play overseas and David doesn't. Someone pointed out on twitter that it might be because David IS so successful here. He is making RCA money here. I'm confused by his lac of promo overseas where other Idols get to do shows overseas. Maybe David's style of music isn't as popular? He isn't POP enough or something? idk?

@vsteph1 wrote:

Good point. Especially with the time difference. I mean it could be done, but It would have to be a RED EYE or The Concord, I think. lol

Uh-oh -- The Concord won't help him either -- it was retired from service in 2003. LOL flag

Guest Guest
Made wrote:
BTW, I did my little google investigation too, lol and posted in Eventful that this was not a David Cook AI winner's event but apparently Keston Parish Choir organist and choirmaster, David Cook. Very Happy

Made wrote:
Made wrote:

Oh, heck - too many false David Cooks! ROFLOL

So David is playing in Hanoi on June 16th? Do I have that correct?

Guest Guest
Not confirmed yet, Viv. But it sounds like it probably will happen.

Jeannie wrote:

Brazil I think he'd play in a heartbeat because of his Brazilian fans... but the question is does the label think there are enough of them who could and would travel to see him (because Brazil's a fairly big country, right?) to justify the costs? Ultimately these decisions aren't David's... they are the label's. And the almighty dollar rules there.
Maybe if he does open for someone on an overseas tour, they could arrange a few smaller shows on off days where he was headlining. That would help cut some of the costs, and still give the fans a chance to see the guys do a full show live.

Jeannie,
Brazil is a big country - as big as US - but the international artists that come here usually performs at the biggest cities like Rio and São Paulo, sometimes at other cities, capitals of other states normally. I have friends who live at states where the artists don't go, and they usually fly to São Paulo or Rio to see them.
Recently we had some great artists playing here like Bon Jovi, U2, Paul McCartney (I'll see him next Sunday, here in Rio).
As far as I'm concerned, David has enough fans to fill a medium size venue in Rio and São Paulo - without need to open for a most "famous" artist.
American Idol has a great number of followers here, and we - his fans - have been spreading his name, his songs, among our families, and friends... so his fanbase is always growing. I'm quite sure although he doesn't play at our radios, as he should do, his shows would sold a lot of tickets !
Rock'n Rio would had been a great opportunity for us and for him, cause he would play at the same day at other artists, it'll be a great showcase to make him well known here and be able to add some new fans among the other artists fans. But unfortunatelly our efforts to bring him failed.
As I said before to Made we - the fans - are weakest link of the chain. Who has the power to bring him to this kind of event is his record label (RCA/Sony), but they seem to have no interest on it !

So it'll be a matter of faith and prayers that one day someone who has the power, could "wake-up" and watch over us and bring him here - and to other countries around the world.

Jeannie wrote:
Not confirmed yet, Viv. But it sounds like it probably will happen.

Are we sure we got the right David Cook this time? lol

Guest Guest

Since Ed said he's waiting for the details, I'd guess yes.

LOL Face Here was Ed's comment about the organ recital when he was asked:

Quote :
Organ recital!? That's f'n brilliant! I'll look into that.

Seems he found it funny too. I'm sure the website will have the right DC there shortly. Wink

Piper, I get what you say. The problem is that if the radio stations won't play his songs, and if his albums aren't selling large numbers, then the label has nothing to go by to tell that he could fill those medium sized venues. And I agree, that is the label's fault for not promoting him more.

I know that Ed has nothing to do with the international promotions. He and his team only handle the US. Those are handled by Sony/RCA "whatever country or however they break it out." That's who you need to focus your efforts on, I'd think. Maybe you could try getting some people you know who like him to send one polite email to them - explaining how many fans he has, how you'd love to hear him played more, and asking what you can do to help. (I would definitely make sure they were polite, and only one per person. And I'd add the "What can we do to help?" part - make it seem like you aren't blaming them, but want genuinely want their help and want to help them.) Let them see the interest that is there. Just a thought.

And yes, I know you want a full show... and I want you to have one. But my thought was that if he hooked up with a bigger name just for a short time, and opened a few shows for them, maybe it wouldn't be that much more of an expense for them to do a couple of shows on off (bigger name band not performing) nights, in a small to medium venue. Know what I mean?

Jeannie wrote:
Since Ed said he's waiting for the details, I'd guess yes.

LOL Face Here was Ed's comment about the organ recital when he was asked:

Quote :
Organ recital!? That's f'n brilliant! I'll look into that.

Seems he found it funny too. I'm sure the website will have the right DC there shortly. Wink

Piper, I get what you say. The problem is that if the radio stations won't play his songs, and if his albums aren't selling large numbers, then the label has nothing to go by to tell that he could fill those medium sized venues. And I agree, that is the label's fault for not promoting him more.

I know that Ed has nothing to do with the international promotions. He and his team only handle the US. Those are handled by Sony/RCA "whatever country or however they break it out." That's who you need to focus your efforts on, I'd think. Maybe you could try getting some people you know who like him to send one polite email to them - explaining how many fans he has, how you'd love to hear him played more, and asking what you can do to help. (I would definitely make sure they were polite, and only one per person. And I'd add the "What can we do to help?" part - make it seem like you aren't blaming them, but want genuinely want their help and want to help them.) Let them see the interest that is there. Just a thought.

And yes, I know you want a full show... and I want you to have one. But my thought was that if he hooked up with a bigger name just for a short time, and opened a few shows for them, maybe it wouldn't be that much more of an expense for them to do a couple of shows on off (bigger name band not performing) nights, in a small to medium venue. Know what I mean?

I agree with you Jeannie. I'm sure none of his fans would like less his show if he opens to any other artist. The people is eager to see him - no matter he'd play 5 or 12 songs like at a full show.
We sent this polite emails to the girl who was supposed to be in charge of his "promotion" here and we received a "polite" answer telling us that they cannot promote him - this would a task of his fans/fanclubs. We did and go on doing our share on it... sending messages and tweets to the radios and posting at radios and other media sites and facebook, his videos, the links to his official site, etc... But our "power" has a limit and we can't go beyond it - and this is the problem - he needs someone who can go further to make him well known here.
Since he won the Idol the only song I heard at the radio more frequently was TOML. Light On, I listened once and CBTM - never !
DCTR took 6 months to arrive to our shops and was only available at online shops - and only 10 copies or so.
How can we expect he could be known here is this weak promotion ?
They don't care to promote him here - that's the tough truth !
How can we have hopes now ? We are afraid that TLG never plays at radios.

Uh oh... now... Malaysian Airlines offered roundtrip tickets to Hanoi for only $19... (tax and all excluded) *tempted*

I'm thinking of something about fans gathering and doing promotion jobs for the label, but for that, I'm gonna need to set up a forum and it's very time-consuming, which I don't think I can handle by myself... Very Sad

See, Archie fans (Archangels) here are very active on forums and they've all been "partying" with Sony representatives in more than one occasion, the first one being the album release party (even Dave did NOT have an album release party, whattttt), so maybe, just maybe, Sony wants us to show them that David DO have pretty good number of fanbase in each country. I'm just thinking of HOW to show them in the most effective way.... any ideas?

Guest Guest
Chris, Dinna and fans in other areas. I'm thinking that on TLM release date, David's name will probably trend in twitter. Why don't we rally every fan in our areas to tweet to @SonyMusicMktg that we want TLM released, mentioning our country?

Maybe, just maybe, we can get something out of it, only if we join in the effort.

I can totally do that, Made! And can we do that prior to the release (not just the release day)?

Guest Guest

I think it will have more effect, if we do it on the release date. That is, we need to concentrate the tweeting on one specific day, IMO.

BTW, we will need to engage all of David's fan websites in our countries/areas to spread the word Wink

I'm currently on it, trying to find every single one of Indonesian fan that can (have the time to) do this.

I sound like a girl on a mission! Which I am! Very Happy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.