*Planning Thread* 06/25 - SIX Flags Summer Fest - Jackson, NJ

Info

Saturday June 25, 2011 – Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, NJ
Tickets: $30 | Parking: $10
Enjoy a full day of music and fun including live performances from
War and David Cook, meet and greets with sports stars from the Yankees,
Mets and Jets, PLUS all day admission to the park for only $30. Parking
is just $10.
To buy tickets click here and be sure to use the promo code CBSRADIONY.

Performing Live:
David Cook

American Idol Season 7 winner David Cook will be performing live at Six Flags SummerFest.
David’s self titled, first major label album has sold over one million copies in the U.S. and his new album, This Loud Morning will be released on June 28, 2011.
DavidCookOfficial.com
Get more David Cook on Fresh1027.com
Read more: Fresh
102.7 & Six Flags Summer Festival – Music, Celebrity and
Entertainment News - New York's Fresh 102.7 - Today's Fresh Music http://fresh1027.radio.com/summerfest/#ixzz1N1ipBf42

Guest Guest
Excited2 WOOHOOOO!! Yeah for shows less than an hour from my home!

This is the Saturday before album release. One has to wonder what this means for the location of the possible release party...?

Guest Guest
Ohhh I didn't think of that Jamie.

This is the Saturday before album release. One has to wonder what this means for the location of the possible release party...?

New York, with PS22 Chorus, maybe?? Yeah, even I am getting my hopes up.

YES! Excited2

I'm SO going to this.

A little story about me and Great Adventure: the last time I went there was when I was 12. My family went one last time before we were to move to North Carolina. And, like all amusement parks, they had all those fun games to win prizes, like whack-a-mole and stuff. And then there were the games that are, like, totally impossible with the ginormous stuffed animals as prizes. I would always try anyway, but never win the big ones. There was this one in particular - the one where you throw rings and try to get them to land on the bottles - I'm sure you all know that one. It's impossible. Anyway, I bought a bucket of 20 rings. It was my last chance to win this thing. I threw 19 rings. They all missed. I sat there staring at my last ring, on my last trip to Great Adventure. I made a wild toss, way high in the air. It fell and bounced off a bottle and way up in the air again. It bounced off another bottle. It hit a third bottle and stayed. I won!

Anyone who hung out with towards the end of the AI tour knows exactly what ginormous stuffed animal I chose. Wink

[preemptive disclaimer so people don't wig out on me again: I am NOT, I repeat NOT bringing Charlie the magic rainbow unicorn with me to this show, or anywhere. Charlie's big white ass was brought along for the magic rainbow tour because of his rainbow mane and tail and a bunch of us found it absurd and amusing. Like the song, Charlie has been retired. Put out to pasture. A pasture where there are always rainbows. He's out on the edge of forever, ready to run. lol. But NOT coming with me.]

Guest Guest
I put on my rain poncho to walk the puppy yesterday. I started laughing because I immediately thought of Charlie in the poncho during a freakin hurricane in Bridgeport.

Definitely going - this is only 40 minutes away from me. I saw Kris Allen there last June! I'm excited Very Happy

Guest Guest
They have my favorite ride, Free Fall!!

justforme wrote:
They have my favorite ride, Free Fall!!

Random personal memory of Free Fall for me...back in the 80s, my friends and I used to go to Six Flags at least two or three times a summer, and one time, we were on line for Free Fall. There was a group with four guys and a few scantily clad women on line behind us. The guys looked really familiar to me and they were all speaking German. I said to my friend that the one guy looked like the lead singer from The Scorpions, who were fairly big back then. Sure enough, when I got home, I picked up my latest issue of Rolling Stone, and The Scorpions had a show in Philadelphia the next day....so that was probably my first brush with celebrity. Laughing

Guest Guest

How exciting!!! I was thinking he might premiere more songs from TLM!!! Excited2

Guest Guest
This is so tempting... if the release party would happen to be in NYC, I will probably go. If the release party is in KC, then I won't, because I'd really like to go to that, and I can't see me spending the money to do both.

*hopes for an NYC release*

Yeah, I'm really hoping the timing of this trip for the boys to the NY area is not coincidental. Fingers Crossed!!!

I just hope we get release info soon enough so those of us not in the northeast can make our travel plans accordingly. I would hit this show and the release if the party is in NYC.

[\impatient]

Well, if it's anywhere but the northeast, those in the northeast who would like to go have to make travel plans too, lol.

Lol True dat. Basically, someone needs to get on the ball and let us know where we all need to make travel plans to. Razz

Exactly! If it's not here, my fate is pretty much sealed. I'll save my money for tour unless we have enough airline points to cover a flight. But, I'd like to know what's up!

Exactly! If it's not here, my fate is pretty much sealed. I'll save my money for tour unless we have enough airline points to cover a flight. But, I'd like to know what's up!

Same here. If it's in KC or LA or any place I can't drive to and from the day of, I'll have to wait for the tour. BUT, I was lucky enough to see the concert for hope and will get THIS show which I'm so psyched for, so if no release day party for me, I'm alright with that.

Yeah, it is. You can stand in front of the barricades or you can sit in the bleachers that are basically surrounding the ground in front of the stage. I have no idea how many people can actually fit this place, but it's pretty big.

I got a friend who lives in Newark and is like 2 hours away from Jackson, she desperately wants to go to the show but has no ride. Is any one in that area willing to help her out? I am fairly sure she would put in for gas. Thanks in advance.

Yipeee! I can't wait Very Happy

OMG!! I sooo want to go to this! Jan wants to go too, but she's not sure yet. Anyone know a cheap, but nice place to stay?

I don't think there's anything too terribly close to Six Flags. I think the closest place is 10 miles away. I'd use hotels.com and see what you can find.

Thanks Daina! I'll check that out.... Run

Hey guys, does anyone happen to drive from Boston for this? I would love to go but I have no idea how else to get there. I will definitely put in for gas and parking.

Now that NYC plans have been announced, Cari and I will be at this. We're probably going to fly into Newark on Friday, rent a car, and drive to Jackson. Then return the car before heading to NYC.

Yahoo! YAY!! I get to go to this show!!!

You can totally do that! YAY!!! Excited2

Guest Guest

So excited for all of you going! Excited2

Very Happy This sounds alot of fun! Everyone that's going have a great time!!! Got a question? is anyone doing the ustream for this show?

Aww, Pam! Does this mean you won't be there? I believe there is going to be a ustream, but I don't know the details. Maybe it's posted earlier in this thread?

@pn112 wrote:
Aww, Pam! Does this mean you won't be there? I believe there is going to be a ustream, but I don't know the details. Maybe it's posted earlier in this thread?

I wish i could be there!! It sounds fun!!! Hopefully there will be more shows coming soon and i'll be sure to be there Smile

I hope there is a ustream!

We would like to ustream it but we don't have a streamer. Thanks for the reminder for me to tweet we're looking for one!

I got my tickets in the mail today. I just ordered them Thursday. Shocked Now THAT is what I call Express Mail.

Guest Guest
I finally bought my ticket and parking pass!!

Guest Guest
I just saw this on twitter-David scheduled for 2pm per the link to website email~

DblJerseyGirl Rachel Gallagher
Quote :
Got email from eventful said Great adventure is 10am. On GA website -2pm http://twitpic.com/5c3xzv

Woohoo, that leaves time for roller coasters after the show! cheers

Of course, we'll all be sunburned to hell at that point. A 2pm show? We're all going to melt into one big giant blob of "DavidCookFan".

You can just go on the log flume there after the concert Razz