Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

The Tour Is Coming!!!

Guest Guest

No details yet... but we need a thread to Excited2 in!

RCA Ed just posted this a little bit ago on DCO...

Quote :
rca ed:

Hmmmm, got some tentative tour routing today and it's looking like some 40 dates covering every corner of the country, and I'm not seeing any colleges here. I'm happy...think you guys will be too. Well, most of you Smile

Still just an assumption that this will be touring with Gavin DeGraw, as that has not been confirmed yet.

(This thread will likely be moved to the new tour section as soon as we get some details but for now, I thought it would be good to have a place to run around and be excited!)

Forty dates covering every corner of the country sounds great!

Excited2Yahoo!DC CheerleaderWooHoo!!bounceExcitedExcited2Yahoo!DC CheerleaderWooHoo!!bounceExcited

Guest Guest

EXCITED!!!!!

ExcitedExcitedExcitedExcitedExcited
ExcitedExcitedExcitedExcitedExcited

Guest Guest

WOOHOOOOO Excited2

LMAO I think you girls have covered the "excited smiley" portion of this thread well!

Represent!

I'm so stoked for him to get back out there! I know he's got to be bouncing off the walls with excitement!

Mega Rock

40 SHOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Guest Guest

CheersCheersCheersCheersCheersCheersCheersCheers

AND...

Excited2

40 shows!!!!!!!!!! whooooo! I'm really excited that he'll get back on the road again. just hope that he'll add some dates up North in Canada. or that there's gonna b another leg of shows later after the "unconfirmed yet" tour with DeGraw. I'm so broke these days and don't think I'll b able to see him in the states anytime soon Very Sad . unless I find another job asap.

Stephora aka cookienerd0006
Declaration tour '09: 13/03;23/05;03/08;04/08;02/10;03/10;14/11;16/11

Guest Guest
^^ Same here Steph! After seeing U2 and then 3 NKOTBSB shows in 1 week.... I am sooo tapped out on money!

Guest Guest

David has said he wanted to do more shows than the ones he did for Declaration Tour, so this might be just the first leg of a more extensive tour and one-offs Very Happy

Guest Guest
We'll do our bestest best to stream as many shows as possible!

*ears perk up* did somebody say tour?

now all we need is details and dates but it's about damn time hopefully I will actually get to see him this time around

@Jilly wrote:

now all we need is details and dates but it's about damn time hopefully I will actually get to see him this time around

Jilly, have you ever seen David perform live?

@vsteph1 wrote:
@Jilly wrote:

I'm actually ashamed to admit that I haven't

No shame in that! We all will get to see him one day, I hope. Smile

I've had plenty of oppurtunities to but never the money for a ticket and don't really want to go alone concerts are always way more fun when you have someone to go with but I don't know many people who would actually go see him who live close enough to me unless I go with my mom but that wouldn't be my first choice anymore

@Jilly wrote:
@vsteph1 wrote:
@Jilly wrote:

I'm actually ashamed to admit that I haven't

Boy, are you in for a treat! I hope you get to see him live. There is not much better than seeing this man on stage live. Seriously. That's why we keep going back. Hope you get to see him this tour. Trust me. It is soooooooooooooo worth it! By the way there's no shame if you can't. But I hope you do get to make it this time around. Smile

at this rate if I can't get to one of the shows on this tour it'll be forever before I do with my luck
I can't think of anyone who lives close enough to me that would go with me I am unable to cookify my husband and going with my mom would not be my first choice

@Jilly wrote:
at this rate if I can't get to one of the shows on this tour it'll be forever before I do with my luck
I can't think of anyone who lives close enough to me that would go with me I am unable to cookify my husband and going with my mom would not be my first choice

I have gone to several shows alone. I had to travel alone, but once I got there there were many wonderful wordnerds to hang with. I just had to get there. I traveled by plane, train and bus and of course car to see David. So if you can get there, chances are you will not be alone at all. And it's fun going to shows with other DC fans, cause they get it. kwim?

I don't know your mom, JIlly, but it seems to me going with her would be better than not going at all! I hope you can save up for it. Smile

Stacy I'm 25 don't get me wrong I love my mom and you are right going with her would be better than not even going at all yet again but my 58 year old mother is not my first choice for a concert going companion
as for being able to save up for it we'll have to wait till the details and dates are released before I can determine that seeing as I have no job unless you count selling Avon as a job whether or not I can save up for it is all going to depend on the cost of the tickets

anyhow despite my replies in this thread sofar I am excited for this tour I just hope I will be able to make it to at least one show this time before having to wait forever for another oppertunity to see him life to present it's self

I'd rather go to a concert alone than not at all. I'd regret it if i didn't go. i cannot wait for dates! i hope we get some shows in wisconsin!

@vsteph1 wrote:
@Jilly wrote:

I have gone to several shows alone. I had to travel alone, but once I got there there were many wonderful wordnerds to hang with. I just had to get there. I traveled by plane, train and bus and of course car to see David. So if you can get there, chances are you will not be alone at all. And it's fun going to shows with other DC fans, cause they get it. kwim?

It's one thing when you have the money for traveling and tickets but having no job I can't even realistily determine whether I am even going to be able to somehow come up with a way to get my hands on even just one ticket until we get details and whatnot about this tour

@Ashley wrote:
I'd rather go to a concert alone than not at all. I'd regret it if i didn't go. i cannot wait for dates! i hope we get some shows in wisconsin!

I wasn't saying I won't go alone if it comes down to that I've been to a couple of concerts in the past alone and I will go alone to see David if that ends up being my only choice besides not going at all and he plays close enough to where I live for me to come up with a way to get my hands on a ticket and get my ass to the show somehow. I am just saying that I would rather go with someone than alone if I can come up with the money somehow

Jilly, I totally get the whole it is more fun to go with someone thing. It is fun. I just wanted you to know that if you have to go alone, you won't be alone for long. We will be there! I also totally get the whole not be able to afford it too. I have a job, but I am not making the money I used to. So yea, I get it. I sure hope you make it though. He does go to Jersey a lot. But I'm not sure where in Jersey you are. Are you near a major city, or do you have to travel far to get to one? Sorry, don't know that state well at all. All I know of Jersey is the part that is across the river from NY and Atlantic City. lol

Steph I'll go alone if I have to if I can afford it but I don't drive yet so I would need an alternate method of transportation to and from the show if I do go espicially if I do go
i'm not saying he dosen't come here but not driving I can't realisticly go too far from where I live unless I go with someone but I don't really know any David Cook fans in my area or get a ride somehow
I'm don't know if you can really consider Camden a major city but I could get there pretty quickly by lightrail which is very convenient because there is a venue down there and the lightrail stops right infront of it

The WaveThe Wave

No college venues (so far)..that's ok, I think.

Not to slight college students, but usually on a tight budgets, coeds might be apt to be more "creative" in getting hold of David's music via "free" downloads..KWIM. Very Happy

Guest Guest
If the dates we saw on the promoters' sites were correct, it looks like Dave is going to be one busy guy. They were looking at October 1st to November 20th bookings... so that's around 40 shows in 51 days, covering the entire country. He's definitely not going to have a lot of down time in those couple of months. I bet he's as excited as we are!

Tricia wrote:
^^ Same here Steph! After seeing U2 and then 3 NKOTBSB shows in 1 week.... I am sooo tapped out on money!

For a second there, I felt like I wrote that!! U2 and 3 NKOTBSB shows just about killed my bank account!

Jilly, good luck getting to a show. I wish we could do it together but we share the same problem of lack of funds to travel.

For my birthday, I asked for an IOU from my husband for a future show so at least I can go to one as long as it doesn't require too much traveling.

I am so excited! Whoa!!!

Annette I just lack money period but I'm used to it

Guest Guest

Jilly, as soon as the dates are released, we'll have planning threads in the tour section with all the shows' details, cost of the tickets, transportation and whatnot. AND our members will start posting about their plans. Hopefully at least one of them will be near you and affordable Hug

I'm so excited and so ready for this tour! I actually had a dream last night that the dates were announced online. The night before, I dreamt that David himself was texting the dates to my cell phone. So, my subconscious is excited too Laughing

@Ashley wrote:

I am considering going alone. My husband is not a fun concert companion, especially David Cook..

And from the suspected dates, I will probably be going alone and have a hard time finding a babysitter. My husband goes for fire training every single weekend during that time frame. I WILL NOT MISS THIS TOUR! Tantrum

I started a new job, but I have to accrue vacation time. Hopefully I will have a couple of accrued vacation days so I can go to at least one of these shows. I want to see David again, badly. I've only seen him once this year. And last year I didn't see him at all! GAH. I can't fucking wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The WaveGo WordNerds! I'm so happy for all my WNs friends that will be able to go to the shows and for David !! Go WordNerds!The Wave
I'm sure the Tour will be awesome and a great success and Fingers Crossed!!! that it could bring him a lot of new fans ! Mega Rock
He deserves it more than ever ! Awww LoveAwww Love
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd love to be also excited with the streaming (like Dinna and Dina) ...but I'm not... CryingSaddest
It hurts so much listen/watch David performing at my computer screen wanting so badly to be there at the show... in person.
You may think it's a childish behaviour... yes it's !!
My passion for David makes me act like a silly teenager... but I can not help feeling this way...

I have a few vacation days left so if I need to use 1 or 2 to see David this fall, I will. But I'm hoping he'll play in NYC again and I can use those vacation days to spend more time with my family at X-mas-time. Fingers Crossed!!!

I so hope i make this tour too i worked hard saving money up for this since i didnt make the last tour . I have at least enough to go to mabe 2 shows ,mabe more but i am not missing this tour No-no!

I'm def. gonna try to see him w/ Gavin but if that doesn't work out I'm making it a point to see him on his solo tour (assuming he's going on tour by himself after Gavin's tour)

Guest Guest
@momtoknj wrote:
@Ashley wrote:

I am considering going alone. My husband is not a fun concert companion, especially David Cook..

I basically did! I flew over 2000 miles to see him in KS back in June '09....BEST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!

Radio station DJ asked Gavin DeGraw if he was touring with David and he came out and said it. I'm glad that someone spilled the beans. I hope we get something soon.

Guest Guest
Gavin did an interview today and announced his upcoming "very cool co-headling tour with David Cook."

Listen to hit here!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.