Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

Manila, Philippines July 14

Guest Guest
Here is the place to post recaps, videos, photos and reviews for the Manila concert. Please remember to give credit when possible for photos and videos.

We are so excited for all the fans who will be seeing David live for the first time! We hope you have an amazing day and a great concert.

Guest Guest
reserved for photos

Guest Guest
reserved for videos

Guest Guest
reserved for links to reviews/recaps

Guest Guest
] @Cornerstone_TMC: Tonight @YengPLUGGEDin perform a duet (Always be my Baby) w David Cook in his concert at the Araneta Coliseum Manila

Guest Guest
Nick Adams ‏@nickadamsdrums

Gearing up for tonight! http://instagram.com/p/NDk9P1Sh0f/

I can't figure out how to get that pic to post. Click on the link to see the venue!

Guest Guest
For everyone going tonight, have the please "have the time of your lives!" I am so excited for all of you... it's been so long since you have had this opportunity. Can't wait for pictures, vids, and your recaps!

Barb, I thought the concert started at 8:00 Manila time, which is 8:00 am here. Or is that when the opener starts, and Dave will be on around 9:00?

Guest Guest
Quote :
Monty Anderson @montyanderson

Tonight's venue makes me kinda wish we had Michael or Bruce Buffer to introduce us. #thrillainmanilla CAN'T WAIT!

Guest Guest
There is an opening act starting at 8 according to Lisa. But it couldn't hurt to check before 9 as I'm not sure exactly when David's set will start.

Guest Guest

Cool, thanks!

Quote :
Cornerstone Talents ‏@Cornerstone_TMC

David Cook giving instructions to Yeng @YengPLUGGEDin before their rehearsal. pic.twitter.com/lnbDyw78

Guest Guest
Here is another possible UStream by MinaYumping

Guest Guest

Mina Yumping is really close - show has started.

The crowd is very, very loud and singing along... this is great!

Setlist so far:

Circadian
Heroes (with Champagne Supernova)
Mr. Sensitive

*stream went out temporarily - don't know if I missed one or not*

Declaration
The Last Goodbye
From Here to Zero
Hard To Believe
I Did It For You
The Last Song I'll Write For You

LOL Face Someone held up a sign "Please sing Freebird. We'll give you 30 bucks" He sang the first line, said that's all I know, but you owe me $30!"

During the end of HTB - Dave and Devin did a little "dance" LMAO. He said he's been playing live music for 15 years and he's so far avoided choregraphy until tonight. Then added it was spontaneous. He was laughing hard. The crowd is really, really into it!

Guest Guest
The video on the stream keeps freezing up for me, but the sound is working just fine. I missed the little dance. I'm sure there will be video lol.

This is a great way to start my weekend!

Guest Guest
LOL, I just tweeted that jammies and coffee and a David concert in my bedroom is the perfect way to start a Saturday morning.

The dance was absolutely hysterical - I did see it!

Guest Guest
If I were Dave I would seriously consider moving to Manila.

Guest Guest
They do love him there... I am so happy for him and for them!

Guest Guest
Okay Dave - as one of the Akron show attendees... you are constantly telling that story wrong. The Akron show was the show before Manila, and there were about 350 of us there - The Musica's capacity. LOL

Guest Guest
My stream is out. I'm getting the recording of FHTZ. Which I love, but I'd like to know what's going on live.

Guest Guest
Apparently after TLSIWFY we have missed

Paper Heart
Goodbye to the Girl
Come Back To Me

Guest Guest
Quote :
David Cook News/Info ‏@FoolsApril64

[RT] @ardeejamera: David Cook taking over the drums #DavidCookinManila2012. Wow!

Damn, I hope there are some good videos of all this. This show is epic. Have no clue on the rest of the setlist so far, other than Barbasol was in there at some point.

Guest Guest

I love it... Dave plays a concert in Manila, and FHTZ trends in the US!

Guest Guest
Full setlist per DCO:

Tonight's Set List
Circadian
Heroes (w/Champagne Supernova)
Mr. Sensitive
Declaration
The Last Goodbye
From Here to Zero
Hard to Believe
I Did it for You
The Last Song I'll Write for You
Paper Heart
Come Back to Me
Goodbye to the Girl
Light On
Rock 'n' Roll w/Whole Lotta Love (Led Zeppelin cover)
Bar-Ba-Sol
...encore...
Always Be My Baby (Mariah Carey cover w/Yeng Constantino)
Fade Into Me (acoustic)
Rapid Eye Movement

Guest Guest
Quote :
David Cook ‏@thedavidcook

What an amazing night here in Manila! Thank you so much for making tonight's show a blast! Cebu... You're next!!!

Long and Amazing show !! Jump
I got teary when the ustream was on watching Dave and the Guys receiving so much - and loud Heart - love and passion from the audience and the guys faces watching the show... they seemed amazed !! Awww Love
I think this show turned into another epic moment at Dave's (and the band) life, one he'll treasure like the first show !! Melt

Guest Guest
Some tweets collected by FoolsApril @ DCO:

Pre-Show Tweets:

>> @robertmarion: All-Access interview with the AI Season 7 Grand Champion, David Cook! Had the time of my life! : ) bit.ly MsXqtp
>> @magicliwanag: David Cook in Manila! Fresh from the backstage! Happening tonight : ) http://fb.me/2aMAdwID6
>> @andyskib: Thrilla in Manila...
>> @nickadamsdrums: Gearing up for tonight! http://t.co/nPCc1DXH
>> @montyanderson: Tonight's venue makes me kinda wish we had Michael or Bruce Buffer to introduce us. #thrillainmanilla CAN'T WAIT!
>> @MrAndrewCook: Manila tonight...can't wait! I feel like I'm in a sauna...a freaking awesome sauna!
>> @magicliwanag: Lotsa Cookistas at the Big Dome tonight!!! See you guys! : ) @dayly_ent @manilaconcerts @TheDavidCook @COOKis http://instagr.am/p/NDtUJiHNC4/
>> @robertmarion: ASAP All Access invades the David Cook concert. Interview and cover.. Here we go! : ) @ASAPOFFICIAL
>> @Cornerstone_TMC: @YengPLUGGEDin reaction after the rehearsal with David Cook. http://yfrog.us/9dozwz
>> @YengPLUGGEDin: Tapos na mag rehearse with David Cook... He's so nice.. : ) pogi!!! : )
>> @Cornerstone_TMC David Cook giving instructions to Yeng @YengPLUGGEDin before their rehearsal. bit.ly Mt2oW0
>> @YengPLUGGEDin: preparing.... : ) aga calltime sa araneta for David Cook's concert.. : ) excited na ko for our duet.. : ) yey...
>> @Cornerstone_TMC: Tonight @YengPLUGGEDin perform a duet (Always be my Baby) w David Cook in his concert at the Araneta Coliseum Manila
>> @MrAndrewCook: Day 2 in Manila...seems 10x better than yesterday cause I finally am rested. Who's coming to the show tonight?
>> @ABSCBNChannel2: Welcome to the Philippines David Cook! : )
>> @nickadamsdrums: Starting off my stay in the Philippines the right way http://t.co/IqDS6Hbm
>> @DYANCASTILLEJO: With jinkee PAC and David cook in plane in manila to perform bit.ly LdxWiH ... Was on the same flight as David Cook from Los Angeles to Manila - really nice friendly guy - he performs manila july 14 cebu july 15
>> @MrAndrewCook: Landed safely in Manila! Breakfast is done!
>> @gmanews: (translated) Idol Winner David Cook, arrived in the country for his concert this weekend | via @UnangHirit
>> @News5AKSYON: Pacquiao back in Manila, in the same flight with American Idol's David Cook.
>> @andyskib: No one informed me of the pre flight meet n greet with manny pacquiao. I didn't allot for this in my schedule. We are behind now.
>> @MattyChirch: Wattup Manny Pacquiao. I see you on our flight.
>> @andyskib: Finally on the plane to Manila. Sleep time y'all! http://t.co/i6jry43v
>> @thedavidcook: Flight delayed. But you know who isn't delayed? These guys. #airportbar #nbachamps #hashtag http://t.co/yhIq3TQO
>> @thedavidcook: Finished packing, heading to the airport. Next stop: Manila!
>> @nickadamsdrums: LA-->Manilla-->Cebu-->Jakarta.
>> @andyskib: Nothing like a good old fashioned airport protest to kick off this long ass flight! Excited to see you Manila!
>> @montyanderson: Hey girl in see through dress.... Thanks for a great start to my trip to Manilla.
>> @nickadamsdrums: Guys...you have no idea how excited I am to rock Indonesia/Philippines. Manila, Cebu, Jakarta...r u ready!? ‪#3weeks‬
>> Worldwide Twitter Trend (2-Jun) #DavidCookManila2012
>> @thedavidcook: We're heading back to Asia in July! Manila (14 July) & Cebu (15 July), Philippines, & Jakarta, Indonesia (17 July)!!! Who's comin' out?!?

In Show Tweets:

>> @AprilDeGuzman: Fade Into Me in acoustics. Omg i'm crying!!
>> @YengPLUGGEDin: Waaaaaahhhh! Just finished singing with David Cook... : ) thank you Lord! : )
>> @ingisam: Oh what I would give to be Yeng Constantino right now! #SoJealous @thedavidcook #DavidCookInManila2012
>> @BeOurStrength: Always Be My Baby! With Yeng Constantino #DavidCookManila2012
>> @ardeejamera: He just said Thank You. Then he went backstage. Crowds are screamin his name #DavidCookinManila2012
>> @jjlupa: We just gone wild here! Wooooh.
>> @superrsonicboom: Bar-ba-sol #DavidCookInManila2012 the crowd is just so intense!!!
>> @ardeejamera: David Cook taking over the drums #DavidCookinManila2012. Wow!
>> @BeOurStrength: David on drums with Nick. #DavidCookManila2012
>> @Manilaconcerts: It's getting wild and crazy here!!! #DavidCookinManila2012
>> @BeOurStrength: Crowd singing along. #DavidCookManila2012
>> @AranetaCenter: David Cook's screaming fans bring the house down! http://fb.me/1X1SworHA
>> @ardeejamera: It's a one hell of rockin night at the #DavidCookInManila2012 Concert. Now performing!
>> @ingisam: Somebody is holding up a sign that says "Please sing Freebird, we'll give you 30 bucks." Hahaha
>> @C00KITA: Please gosh I wanna be David Cook's microphone! LOL
>> @TagordaM: Lights were dimmed, off and the crowd went wild @thedavidcook #DavidCookInManila2012

Post Show Tweets:

>> @lahirstellar: Just finished watching @thedavidcook 's Manila concert. So DAMN EPIC! Very memorable! David was uber FANTASTIC! I love yooouuuu!
>> @purpleseoul: david cook was awesomeeee!! his bandmates are cuties too!
>> @SOOMari: David cook rocked it.Awesome show! His bandmates are cute too hehe
>> @superrsonicboom: Concert is done. Best 2 hours of my life.
>> @Cornerstone_TMC: Yeng @YengPLUGGEDin with David cook. bit.ly OEUcU3
>> @RaineMusing: So David Cook's a leftie! He had amazing versatility with the voice & other instruments Smiling Super energy! http://twitpic.com/a7j14k
>> @zeebee05: David is sooo awesome, I'm not gonna get over this concert ever! Not in this lifetime!
>> @alyssapaola16: THANK YOU for making my night so special once again @thedavidcook . Though we still want more. God bless you : )
>> @josh_wp: @thedavidcook --- thanks for a great concert --- great music... great time and great voice -- its worth the wait...
>> @themacaREENA: Done with the concert!!! : ))))))) You killed it @thedavidcook !!! : ))) :")
>> @jjlupa: You're really great @thedavidcook! Thanks for rockin' the night!
>> @barrycyrus: Thank you, @thedavidcook! That was one rockin' entertainment! @dayly_ent #davidcookinmanila
>> @layoko: Otw home. David Cook is amazing. Hands down. That dude can sing and belt out notes in subtle forms. <3 great show @dayly_ent
>> @BeOurStrength: The BEST! That leaves us fans, wanting for more! #DavidCookManila2012
>> @superrsonicboom: No. It's not yet done. It isn't. We want more. More!!!!!!

Guest Guest
I'm so happy for the fans and David. I can't wait for videos!

Guest Guest

SOURCE

Guest Guest
Quote :
Yeng Constantino ‏@YengPLUGGEDin

@thedavidcook david thank again... Smile great honor to sing with you... Smile you will rock cebu... Smile

Guest Guest

David joins Nick on the drums by Tina Bargo:

This looks amazing! I'm so sad i missed it!!! Very Sad I hope videos come around soon

by limnelson1:

The Last Song I'll Write for You

Guest Guest
Holy shit, I love him going up on "Goodbye to the World" at the end of GTTG...

I am SO blown away!!

David rocked their faces off and they rocked HIS!!! What a crowd for him, I'm so happy for all of them!!

This will most definitely be another "Pinch me moment" for him, I'm sure!! Jump

Guest Guest

Thanks for posting everyone! Great songs all of them Very Happy

And thanks for the mp3, Audra!

I've just posted more vids at the original post of limnelson1 vids !!

Made wrote:
Thanks for posting everyone! Great songs all of them Very Happy

And thanks for the mp3, Audra!

your welcome! I've uploaded what we have so far pretty much and I also indicated with the mp3s which ones are from what video on YouTube so people can decide what one they want if one is better than another lol

From gwhes403 - seems he/she recorded the whole show... or so...

Circadian

Guest Guest
Wow, he sounds amazing!

does anyone know the size of the venue? trying to figure out the size of the crowd.

Guest Guest

Here is another FIM by Happyredpanda-this made me tear up - you can sense the emotion & love by the crowd & also David-amazing!

Guest Guest

Here is a great ABMB -amazing sound by thisiscathyo-thanks!