Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

***NEW VLOG!! 10/27/14*** The New Single - and Album - are coming!!!

Guest Guest

Friday night in Toledo, David was introducing their "current" single (LML) and asked people to go to iTunes and  buy it, then added, "We also have a new single coming out the end of September, beginning of October and a new record at the beginning of the year. I think that's all I have to hawk right now."

Looks like "soon" has finally become a real time frame!

A couple of weeks ago, I was in the VIP for the Ottawa show, and Dave said (in answer to everyone's big question) that they hadn't made a decision on what the single was yet, but that it was coming in the next couple of months. He also said that the tracking for the new album was done, although mixing and mastering had not been done yet. He said that (at that time) they had not decided what the new single would be, and that they had tracked 18 songs to choose from for the record.

New music is coming people! Excited

10/27/14 And today we (finally) get this!

Quote :

David Cook ‏@thedavidcook 11m11 minutes ago

So stoked to start sharing this new music with you. Here we go! bit.ly 1t9nKQw

Thanks Jeannie!  Right now any news is exciting to me!  Excited2   The new music will be well worth the wait but the waiting is so hard sometimes.    LOL Face

DEBRA

Guest Guest

Awesome news! Joy dance Can't wait for new music... the "sooner" the better!

Guest Guest
Jeannie, Thanks for the exciting info!

It's so wonderful to see some action on the board again. Been pretty quiet around here.

DEBRA Go WordNerds!

Guest Guest

Haven't seen anything but hope David releases something "soon" (not HIS soon). Let's say "in a very short period of time" LOL Face

Guest Guest
I didn't see it but from reading my timeline it seems it had something to do with new single WDWG & performing on DWTS? Also interesting Andy said he don't be in Denver for the Dan & Shay show I think this weekend.

It's all unofficial but hopefully we will get the real scoop asap :-)

Thanks Shook! Scott just tweeted that he couldn't confirm with the source and it seemed suspect - so he deleted. Would be nice if true!

Guest Guest

Scott clarified. After he retweeted it, he noticed that the David Cook name he retweeted it from did not have the verified check mark next to it. So he checked David's timeline and it wasn't there. From that he assumed it was not real and deleted the tweet. It was only up for a couple of minutes, but caused a couple of hours of wondering because Scott had left to run an errand right after he deleted it. So he didn't know anyone had seen it in the minute or so it was up, and was shocked when he came back and saw the timeline reactions.

So it's highly unlikely that it was real... but we still should be getting news about the single "in the near future." LOL Face

He did specifically say "End of September, early October" and it is September 25th now.

Andy's not being on the road with Dan and Shay in October makes me wonder who will be playing at the Nashville show on the 10th. I'm going to be there, so am curious to see who takes the stage that night.

Oh well, I'm still going to be excited. Excited2 After all, it's Dave!

DEBRA

I cant wait to hear new music from david. I so badly want him to have a show near me again i haven't gone to one of his shows in 5 years  Crying non-stop

Guest Guest
No new single has been announced yet. It's been a while since he's done that song but it could be a possibility. It always makes me think of the story he told about the song at Night of Hope in DC May 2012.

ok thanks wasnt sure someone sent me the video and said it was his new single but i didnt think it was

That would be a great choice! Love the song!

DEBRA

Guest Guest
I would be very surprised if it was. He has much newer stuff than that. Some we have heard, and some we haven't. So I kind of doubt it. But we shall see.

I am in Nashville now. Hoping we get some word tonight.

Jeannie, I'd be overjoyed to hear any news. New single, new cd dropping soon, another tour!

DEBRA Nail biting!

Guest Guest

Well it's coming... Wait for it... SOON. LOL Face He has no definite times to give yet.

It was an awesome show. Seventeen songs, including a few we haven't heard in forever... Lie, I did It For You, and BarBaSol with Andy joining the guys onstage for that one. Great way to close the show!

SOON.......Okay!

DEBRA

Pulling hair Truthfully, this is how I feel at times any more when hearing updates!

Guest Guest
Quote :
David Cook ‏@thedavidcook 11m11 minutes ago

So stoked to start sharing this new music with you. Here we go! bit.ly 1t9nKQw

Excited New music snippet there... not much to go by yet, but sounds awesome... and like we are getting really close! Excited

Guest Guest

Great news! but Tapping toe till he actually releases something, LOL

I'm overjoyed because it's at least something physical. Not much but something! More than hearing "soon soon soon".

Excited2Excited2Excited2Excited2

DEBRA

Guest Guest

I would bet that he put coming "soon" there on purpose. LOL Face

Jeannie wrote:
I would bet that he put coming "soon" there on purpose. LOL Face

OH, absolutely he did that. He's probably realized that soon is all he can say sometimes, and we just gotta deal. LOL He also knows how much we hate that word. But I will take soon over silence any day, from him. He also knows we like to be teased, and he's such a master. LOL

I love the sound of the new song, I assume the new single? I am over the moon that he finally is in control of what music he releases, and not some lame ass label that thinks they know better than he does, and wants to turn him into something he is not. This new record is going to be really David. kwim? I'm stoked. Smile

Guest Guest
LOL Made. I'm just happy that soon might actually mean pretty damn soon!

Pretty sure "soon" can be considered Tulsa Time since he lived there for a few years back in the day hahaha. I think it's appropriate!

But in all seriousness, I'm happy to be hearing new music from him. It's been awhile but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. From what I've seen from other artists who have moved from major recording labels to indie it is an ordeal but from an artistic standpoint it is definitely worth it. I'm glad he is getting to use his abilities and freedom as he pleases.

Pretty sure "soon" can be considered Tulsa Time since he lived there for a few years back in the day hahaha. I think it's appropriate!

But in all seriousness, I'm happy to be hearing new music from him. It's been awhile but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. From what I've seen from other artists who have moved from major recording labels to indie it is an ordeal but from an artistic standpoint it is definitely worth it. I'm glad he is getting to use his abilities and freedom as he pleases.

I just wanted to say your kitty in your avi is gorgeous. My Sis has a chocolate Siamese like that and they are just to beautiful for words.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.