Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grumpyowl

Recommend brake pads

As per title.
Bandit K61200n I have HEL stainless braided hoses all round (inc clutch) and running OEM pads. ( discs are fine front and rear just want pads)

Do I replace with OEM or change to HH sintered what make does anyone recommeded ?
I see a lot of Goldfren on Ebay but sure I've read somewherre there not best quality.
Rather pay for decent but don't want my leg lifting LOL but also believe if buy cheap you buy twice LOL Very Happy

@Grumpyowl wrote:
As per title.
Bandit K61200n I have HEL stainless braided hoses all round (inc clutch) and running OEM pads. ( discs are fine front and rear just want pads)

Do I replace with OEM or change to HH sintered what make does anyone recommeded ?
I see a lot of Goldfren on Ebay but sure I've read somewherre there not best quality.
Rather pay for decent but don't want my leg lifting LOL but also believe if buy cheap you buy twice LOL Very Happy

Wouldnt touch glodfrenn again mate with a big stick. the hh sintered are good pads. i had put goldfrenn on the busa and within 1000 miles there all cracking and bereaking down mate, not a good pad at all in my opinion, not on the busa anyway..

you wont go too far wrong with sintered ones mate !! Smile

Cheers flinty
priced up hh sintered SBS and EBC on Ebay both about same price just got to decide which make now Very Happy

Preferences or experience with either make anybody ?

I've got EBC organics in my ZZR. No complaints, I've heard they don't wear too well. Bear in mind with HH pads you can accelerate disc wear, so unless you do track or ride like a twat on the road I'm not sure what they offer. Smile

pretty much any hh pad will do mate all depends on what suits your pocket

On my last 2 bikes (both 650 Bandits) I've always replaced with OEM pads, and I get around 9000 miles to a set.

I just maintain them every couple of weeks

have carbon lorraine on my 1200 , ebc on my 650

im trying out some armstrong green organic on my b6 they seem pretty good so far, tried some kyotos out when i couldnt afford anything else but they didnt last that long.