Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sparky

riding in the snow

well had my first experience in using the rf9 in the snow as i had to go do my flt refresher what a horrible experience most the side streets were like ice and going down the m1 i got covered in road salt of the passing cars spraying it up so after freezing me nuts off i then had to wash the bike before i could put here to bed

thats the only reason dave if i had a car id of gone in that but its one of those things i couldnt put off

@sparky wrote:
thats the only reason dave if i had a car id of gone in that but its one of those things i couldnt put off

and fair play to you m8 , going to do it for work , alot wouldn't , I take my hat of to you thumbs

Shocked see plenty of bikes out in all weathers as ya said sparky its ya only form of transport

bet theres loads out there,that cant drive but have a bike thumbs

Not ridden a bike to work for over 30years "TF"
But I got to places on my little cub90 where cars couldn't,
both feet down, light enough if it slid and dropped, but FFFFF cold
lol!

Guest Guest

thats why i had a robin years ago
only prod with that is front wheel jams and you can only go straight Very Happy

Sends a shiver down me spine reading that Laughing im only a fair weather rider these days Smile

all wethers 4 me no fun riding on ice with a bike that has ben dynode but love me bikes wich is y i dont own a car.......and im only 29 so can take the punischment.....

@willf wrote:
all wethers 4 me no fun riding on ice with a bike that has ben dynode but love me bikes wich is y i dont own a car.......and im only 29 so can take the punischment.....

fair play to you m8 thumbs

@willf wrote:

Exactly the same with me mate don't enjoy the missus taking gloves off to thaw my hands out thou as I only have summer gloves lol

I ride in most weather but i draw the line at snow and ice Shocked Get yourself some heated gloves or heated grips i only wear summer gloves so have to have the grips as i found the heated gloves too thick

i only own summer gloves and dont wanna put heated grips on dont think they look right on something sporty like the rf

@sparky wrote:
i only own summer gloves and dont wanna put heated grips on dont think they look right on something sporty like the rf
heated grips and winter gloves are for puffs,right Im off to make sure the bikes coverd up till aprill 2011 Sad

dont mind the cold and stuff, but dont fancy taking the risk in the ice and snow. im lucky enough to have a car, and this time of year is a good excuse to use it since it hardly gets used through summer.

like most folk i dont drive and only have a bike for transport i like riding on a nice crisp morning but the the snows up to 6"now and our roads dont get gritted guess ill sit it out for now - and i just use summer gloves cant stand winter ones - safe riding folks thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
like most folk i dont drive and only have a bike for transport i like riding on a nice crisp morning but the the snows up to 6"now and our roads dont get gritted guess ill sit it out for now - and i just use summer gloves cant stand winter ones - safe riding folks thumbs

Summer gloves in winter, watch out, Here comes the Arthritus Sad

i love riding in extreme weather Very Happy once on my 125 a couple years ago there was a flood where 4x4s were turning round flashing me to do the same :P i carried on and went through, got soaked but it was so much fun :P i did it a couple more times for fun lol

When I had my 1st bike 1000 years ago (Honda C50) It was my only mode of transport so I used it in all weathers. I remember riding in heavy snow one day and snow was settling on my visor, i lifted my visor and got hit in the eye by a single snow flake, it was like some one had chucked a brick at me.

We did a 1000 mile sponsor bike ride a couple of years ago and it threw it down every day near enough my visor kept steaming up so when we were going over the moors Shocked i kept it up and ended getting a small bruise on my cheek off the rain Sad

oh as soon as i get my car licence the bike will not be used in the cold winter weather grit is a nightmare on the bike