Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stue11

Lucky escape and a big thanks..

I was down me mates gym tonight straight from work with my other friend Luke who is also another member of this forum AKA Day101, an hour in to our session my wifes phones my friends wife to tell me to get home quick... the tv was on fire Shocked so Luke and me other mate got in his car a went like censored to get home, thankfully noone was hurt just shook up it went out on its own accord, its taken me over an hour to regain my composure and to sit still to share this with everyone, my phone hasnt stopped ringing since. so in the last month or so ive replaced my Washing machine, one of the hobs on our cooker went bang on sunday and now this starting to wander whats going on Laughing so just a big thankyou to, my friend Luke aka Day101 for being there and helping me out in a crisis thumbs its times like this you realise who your friends are salute

@Stue11 wrote:
I was down me mates gym tonight straight from work with my other friend Luke who is also another member of this forum AKA Day101, an hour in to our session my wifes phones my friends wife to tell me to get home quick... the tv was on fire Shocked so Luke and me other mate got in his car a went like censored to get home, thankfully noone was hurt just shook up it went out on its own accord, its taken me over an hour to regain my composure and to sit still to share this with everyone, my phone hasnt stopped ringing since. so in the last month or so ive replaced my Washing machine, one of the hobs on our cooker went bang on sunday and now this starting to wander whats going on Laughing so just a big thankyou to, my friend Luke aka Day101 for being there and helping me out in a crisis thumbs its times like this you realise who your friends are salute

Bloody hell m8, it could have been so different , nice 1 to Luke thumbs

Shocked bloody hell stue not haveing much luck mate,main thing is your all ok

Christ!! lucky lucky lucky, that could have had a altogether different ending, glad no one was hurt.Here's a question for you though, do you think all these electrical probs and your spiritual stories could be linked??

Pleased for you nothing more serious happened to kids pets etc.

Have you thought it's time to go and see the local vicar and get rid of that visitor ?

lucky there mate,have you got dodgy electrics? maybe get it checked glad your all ok.

may be worthwhile getting your earthing checked out m8
electrical appliances shouldnt randomly develop problems unless you have a problem with your electricity supply and or earthing ie high earth impedance, voltage spikes and transients, get a sparky to test your supply etc

oops pleased to hear no one injured as well m8 thumbs

A big thanks to everyone means a lot, yea im gonna get the electrics looked at asap, Itchy, Grumpyowl, you never know, get me electrics looked at first, on a good note ive treated ourselves to a Brand new LG tv arriving on friday, 1000 could have done without spending but hey looking at the bigger picture moneys censored all thumbs

agree
Very lucky!

Get the supply checked before you plug in your new tv. you don't want that going POP!

@maxnod wrote:
agree
Very lucky!

Get the supply checked before you plug in your new tv. you don't want that going POP!
Will do mate thumbs

@suzukijax wrote:
Jesus Stue glad your family are ok thumbs
Thankyou thumbs bit scary when flames come out the back of a tv Shocked

lucky escape m8, glad it didnt turn into a more serious fire, bad luck sometimes dogs you like that .... Sad

lucky escape m8, glad it didnt turn into a more serious fire, bad luck sometimes dogs you like that .... Sad
Yea tell me about it, we just spent last night cleaning the walls and airing the room out, she chucked her new curtains away too they were black, its amazing how much smoke is generated from a fire that prob lasted all of a minute, scary for sure, thumbs

In my single, drunken days, I put some beans/sausage on then went to sleep, I woke to a foot of smoke from the ceiling, no fire just smoke. Ended up redecorating the whole house!

ITCHY wrote:
In my single, drunken days, I put some beans/sausage on then went to sleep, I woke to a foot of smoke from the ceiling, no fire just smoke. Ended up redecorating the whole house!
I can only imagine mate, lucky to be alive that much smoke Shockedthumbs

Guest Guest
If you're getting a new one, check out play.com or amazon. I got a Sony Bravia 40" full 1080p digital tv with freeview for .... £430 in October with free delivery from play.com, about £200 cheaper than anywhere else.

NoZ wrote:
If you're getting a new one, check out play.com or amazon. I got a Sony Bravia 40" full 1080p digital tv with freeview for .... £430 in October with free delivery from play.com, about £200 cheaper than anywhere else.
Thanks Noz thumbsthumbs

Guest Guest
If you've got contents insurance, you could claim on that for the tv. Accidental cover is worth it

NoZ wrote:
If you've got contents insurance, you could claim on that for the tv. Accidental cover is worth it
Yea i know Very Happy but to be honest we had our old one for 9years Laughing ive just dragged me arse into the 21st century lol we were thinking have getting a new one this year, just not this soon thumbs