Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XS1100

Name yer Top tunes of yer era

What bands are yer in to Metal,rock,punk whats in yer cd collection or ipod is good or rubbish???????lets have um roll up roll up
I will start Motorhead,Hawkwind,Inner city unit,exploited,uk subs,to name a few,

Next

europe, led zep, the fray, the script, kings of leon, eminem, florence and the machine, temper trap, paloma faith, killers

Allthough not really my era i love the 60s 70s Simon and Garf, David Bowie, and the late great John Lennon salute How could i forget Marc Bolan Embarassed

Few more Slayer,Judas Preist,Maiden,Roxy Music,some floyed early stuff,Rush,iggy pop,Thin lizzy,siouxsie and the banshees

Donny Osmond - Bay City Rollers lol - nah seriously - T Rex - Slade etc . Deep Purple - Sabbath - Whitesnake etc -
Huge Tyketto/Danny Vaughn fan ( it's a girlie drooling thing Embarassed )
Nightwish - Rammstein thumbs

Most of the above plus:

Gillan, ZZ Top, Boston, Foreigner, Yes, ELP, Metallica

and don't forget Sweet held open the doors of Glam Rock while Queen ran through!

@maxnod wrote:
Most of the above plus:

and don't forget Sweet held open the doors of Glam Rock while Queen ran through!

About the same and also much of what everyone else has posted thumbs

a lot of ska , trojan, two tone then moved onto bands like the guana batz , meteors ,long tall texans nowadays my music tastes have mellowed and i tend to listen to anything.

@maxnod wrote:
Most of the above plus:

Agreed..

All of the above plus whitesnake, Rainbow, saxon, thin lizzy..
also ska n 2tone
more recently (and coz i took up the saxophone)james hunter and bluesy stuff... maybe i`m mellowing Sad

Son House, Blind Lemon Jefferson, LeadBelly, Howlin Wolf,
Hubert Sumlin, Robert Johnson,

with out these guy's you would all be listening to madrigalls
or opera

Jefferson Airplane....The levellers....The doors And kaise chiefs..And My latest dicovery...Kasabian. but I love lots of music sometimes I listen to the ipod on long rides....And on there I have My riding songs..Which include allsorts from...Docter feelgood by Motley crew.Firestarter by the Prodigy to Stereophonics..the manic street preachers. But to Me the all time best song ever made is....
Andy Williams singing happy heart....Youtube it and tell Me that is one cool song

@Neill wrote:
Son House, Blind Lemon Jefferson, LeadBelly, Howlin Wolf,
Hubert Sumlin, Robert Johnson,

with out these guy's you would all be listening to madrigalls
or opera

Robert Johnson is the great Grandaddy of 'em all, he gave birth to everything that came after.

It's a shame that we can't afford him the respect he deserves.

I can't pin my favourite down to within a top 100, but the most played song throughout all my life so far has to be . . .

Taj Mahal's "Leaving Trunk".

motorhead, early ac/dc, saxon, most nwobhm, krautrock,hellacopters,70s prog rock,national health,gong,hawkwind,man.the list is endless.