Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

Fully comp/Third Party

Guest Guest
Does anyone know off the top of their head if Insurance works the same on a bike as a car?

i.e, If your fully comp on a car your covered to drive any other car third party, do the same rules apply on a bike?

Cheers

not necessarily Rose ,alot of fully comp insurances do , but just because your fully comp bike or car doesn't mean you can drive or ride another , always check your policy, alot of people think because your fully comp that you can ,but it is down to each insurance company

@Davehutch wrote:
not necessarily Rose ,alot of fully comp insurances do , but just because your fully comp bike or car doesn't mean you can drive or ride another , always check your policy, alot of people think because your fully comp that you can ,but it is down to each insurance company
agree hes right check it out Rose thumbs

it has to be stated on your certifticate.
alot of insurance companys are taking it off now.

@Davehutch wrote:

agree Each time I've got a quote it's been a specific item. I'm only 3rd Party F&T, but am allowed to ride other bikes. As has been said, it's a specific item on your insurance and not linked to the level of insurance.

And when it is included it's usually only Third Party Liability cover so if anything happens you're not as covered as F & TH or Comprehensive

that dosent apply to either as standard and I know cos it cost me my license years ago, check the small print!!!

no it does not apply to both car and bike , as i had to check the other week for someone, , you need to check your policy it will state in blk and white if your allowed to ride another bike ,

@Davehutch wrote:

agree
I'm Fully comp and can but check your olicy or with your broker,
same goes for european cover

the last three insurance companys ive been with have enabled me to ride another bike,thats on a fully comp policy but always read the small print or give them bell to make sure. thumbs

Guest Guest
Yes, thanks folks. I pleased I posted it as I just assumed I'd be covered, I'll let you know what my policy says later...

It was a good topic to discuss though..