Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

Happy St George's

Happy St Georges day to all. It's our day, so why don't we celebrate it as much as others? For today, everyone hold their heads up, proud to be ENGLISH cheerscheers !!

Yeah turned the garage upside down yesterday can't find my daft little flags to fix on the car angry
But yes, enjoy everyone. I wouldn't make too much of the English thing mind-we share Boy George with a lot of people, not least the Catalans. They normally hold book fairs scratch . and let's not forget St George himself was Armenian. Bloody immigrants Laughing

partypartyparty

Dont think the Beeb have mentioned It yet, If it was Welsh they'd be eating Daffodils, Irish wering the Shamrock, Scotts the Thistle so whats wrong with ENGLAND.

For England and St George salute

Guest Guest

St.George never stepped foot in this country and he was an arsehole. The only saint to originate from the country they patron is St.David of Wales.

Oh and George is also patron saint of several other countries including those that are supposed to be offended by him Laughing Not only that, he was 'one of them' aint' irony a bitch!

23rd of April 303ad was the day that George was tortured and beheaded for refusing to deny he was Christian. So our country is supposed to celebrate a day that someone was murdered, from the middle east, who never set foot in this country and who murdered thousands in the name of the church. Nah, not for me thanks. I don't care much for whom the church offers up as patron of my country.

Well we already celebrate the night that a terrorist tried to blow up parliament... us Brits are a funny bunch! thumbs

If you could give patronage of England to anyone, who would you chose? Someone who was from this country, did things for this country and died for their country.

St.George never stepped foot in this country and he was an arsehole. The
only saint to originate from the country they patron is St.David of
Wales.

Oh and George is also patron saint of several other countries including those that are supposed to be offended by him Laughing Not only that, he was 'one of them' aint' irony a bitch!

23rd
of April 303ad was the day that George was tortured and beheaded for
refusing to deny he was Christian. So our country is supposed to
celebrate a day that someone was murdered, from the middle east, who
never set foot in this country and who murdered thousands in the name of
the church. Nah, not for me thanks. I don't care much for whom the
church offers up as patron of my country.

Well we already celebrate the night that a terrorist tried to blow up parliament... us Brits are a funny bunch!

If
you could give patronage of England to anyone, who would you chose?
Someone who was from this country, did things for this country and died
for their country.

Well I think I will go and hang myself, thanks for dispelling all that is English

NoZ wrote:

Well we already celebrate the night that a terrorist tried to blow up parliament...

And a Catholic one to boot. I do think he had the right idea though Very Happy ....