Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haveugot1

The gym

Ive started at the gym last mon and god does it hurt, i could'nt get out the bed today then i went back for more today... banana

Who has thought about going back to the gym and thought fook it the pub is closer? drinkingdrinkingdrinking

Thought it many a time pint but still end up at the gym.
Been training properly myself again since crimbo and best move i made in a long time.... and yep, it still hurts.. SadVery Happy

Another gym man thumbs if it dont hurt you aint done it properly thumbs

i started going about 18 months ago after i saw the photos from holiday and decided enough.After about 14 months i lost 5 stone (started at 16stone 10 and lowest was 11 stone 9 and now im concentrating on maintaining my weight around 11 stone 11/12 ish.

i started going about 18 months ago after i saw the photos from holiday and decided enough.After about 14 months i lost 5 stone (started at 16stone 10 and lowest was 11 stone 9 and now im concentrating on maintaining my weight around 11 stone 11/12 ish.

Cracking result m8, well done, thumbs

Cracking result m8, well done, thumbs
agree well done mate thumbs

Guest Guest

I need to go to the Gym, either that or sew my mouth up!! thumbs

Rose wrote:
I need to go to the Gym, either that or sew my mouth up!! thumbs
fofl tried that didnt work, so off to the gym with me salad and dust fofl

used to smash it in the gym 4 nights a week, circuit training once, then karate twice. christmas came and still need to re-join the gym. getting fat and lazy againt

I just pedal a million miles a week, since me dog snuffed it I was sat about the house eating hot meat pies and not doing any walking .

Been again today hoping to lose a little weight but im doing a lot of heavy weights to bulk up.. cheers

do split groups to allow recovery,i.e abs triceps and legs one day,pecs biceps lats nextday etc,get better results as not over doin one group day after day

do split groups to allow recovery,i.e abs triceps and legs one day,pecs biceps lats nextday etc,get better results as not over doin one group day after day

Yeah m8 got a program start with a small run then arms, shoulders, then chest back then legs triceps always do abs each day.. thumbs

The best advice i can give personally is dont go every day, your body needs rest play in between, ive always done mon, wed, fri, nights for only an hour at a time, i went from 18stone to 13an half then back upto 15stone minus the fat and felling a whole lot better for it thumbsthumbsthumbs

@Stue11 wrote:
The best advice i can give personally is dont go every day, your body needs rest play in between, ive always done mon, wed, fri, nights for only an hour at a time, i went from 18stone to 13an half then back upto 15stone minus the fat and felling a whole lot better for it thumbsthumbsthumbs

U look well for it stue i use a protein shake but dont want to rely on them. would you recommend one or not bother?

@haveugot1 wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:

U look well for it stue i use a protein shake but dont want to rely on them. would you recommend one or not bother?
Yea i use whey protein, especially when on offer thumbs as for fancy diets blarblar all i done was cut me meals in half worked a treat for me thumbs

@haveugot1 wrote:
Cheers stue thumbsthumbs
If ya need any advice just pm me and ile be more than happy to help out thumbs

I'm exercising right now and I don't need a gym. I'm picking my cider up with one hand and putting it down with the other. It's knackering and it's making my head feel all funny but at least it's good for you

@firehawk wrote:
I'm exercising right now and I don't need a gym. I'm picking my cider up with one hand and putting it down with the other. It's knackering and it's making my head feel all funny but at least it's good for you
Thanks for the advice Jeff pint

@Davehutch wrote:
@firehawk wrote:
Thanks for the advice Jeff pint
foflfoflfofl

If u serious about putting on some serious muscle then u need to train 4 times a week max, heavy basic exersises, squats, bench, chins, dead lifts, rows. Throw in a few sets of tri ext, heavy, bar/ dum curls.... Reps 6-8 .... Hour at most each session.
Now most important, diet.... Intake 30 gramms protien, 6 times a day, protien shakes are great for this.... Without this diet u will be pissing in the wind with your training. If u are young your body will be full of natural tesosterone and u will grow but u got to be dedicated, not miss workout, go to failour on the heavy sets and very important get enough sleep. thumbs

If u serious about putting on some serious muscle then u need to train 4 times a week max, heavy basic exersises, squats, bench, chins, dead lifts, rows. Throw in a few sets of tri ext, heavy, bar/ dum curls.... Reps 6-8 .... Hour at most each session.
Now most important, diet.... Intake 30 gramms protien, 6 times a day, protien shakes are great for this.... Without this diet u will be pissing in the wind with your training. If u are young your body will be full of natural tesosterone and u will grow but u got to be dedicated, not miss workout, go to failour on the heavy sets and very important get enough sleep. thumbs
agreethumbs

Congrats on the progress mate thumbsthumbs . Keep up the good work!! Must admit though, I think the last time I was 11 stone, I was 11 years old foflfoflfofl

@Stue11 wrote:
agreethumbs

Do u class young under 37 if so I'm fooked lol. Great tips guys only time will tell...

@haveugot1 wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:
agreethumbs

Do u class young under 37 if so I'm fooked lol. Great tips guys only time will tell...
Hey just stick at it and yea you will soon notice the difference, our Trebor aka Rob is 51 Shockedhide but looks a young 30 something, his arms are the size of me torso, but all jokes aside it depends what you want from the gym, me and rob like lifting heavy to bulk up and it does take time, as we say in this game "use it or loose it" good luck mate and keep us updated, ps were never to old thumbs

51 Sad
Thx for the kind words Stue, been training hard since crimbo and surprised myself at the results, muscle memory and all that. Trouble is I gotta limited natural test. at my age, but u guys around mid thirtys are at your peak so make the most of it.
Apart from muscle gains the constant fitness regime will set you in gud stead for an active, illness free life later on down the line, also keep the ageing process at bay, as Stue says, use it or loose it. thumbs

agree

Congrats on the progress mate thumbsthumbs . Keep up the good work!! Must admit though, I think the last time I was 11 stone, I was 11 years old foflfoflfofl

foflfofl