Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

norton back in the TT

Guest Guest
just read this: http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/New-bikes/2011/June/jun1011-norton-confirm-2012-senior-tt-bid/

looks like norton are aiming to come back next year and are looking to do it in style, if the bike looks anything like the one pictured then all i can say is that i hope it gets put into production. the idea of a modern 1000cc norton superbike makes me all tingly and happy and it would make a fitting replacement for the triumph. heres hopeing they get a good result and market the machine.

good news that, The bike looks sweet thumbs

In there day Norton won 32 TT wins most of them on the trot year after year no one could touch them! and that's why I have one in me shed! thumbs

@XS1100 wrote:
In there day Norton won 32 TT wins most of them on the trot year after year no one could touch them! and that's why I have one in me shed! thumbs

is there anything you havent got in your shed lol

As much as id like to see the Norton back racing, i think they have left it far to long...

about time thumbs
and i hope they plan on making some modern litre road bikes its good to see a famous marque back in action banana

Guest Guest
ive got a lot of love for the comando series there making right now but i dont enjoy riding naked bike much and even fly screens dont do it for me as i use my bikes for long trips as well as sunny sunday blasts, hence why i cant see my slef getting one, but a good race rep would be a diffrent story.

i hope they make a road goin version of this beast Very Happy

There was one at Matlock last week.....not sure about the styling, retro with modern forks (ohlins!)ect, it was a mixture of red/gold/black.
Much prefer the single colour ones.
The guy who presented the motorbike show on ITV4 this week has one.

Heard the guy announce it on the Manx tt radio yesterday, they just missed developing a competitive bike for this years tt, but promised they will be at next years with a bike that will do the name justice.

Trev

Guest Guest
@gtman wrote:
There was one at Matlock last week.....not sure about the styling, retro with modern forks (ohlins!)ect, it was a mixture of red/gold/black.
Much prefer the single colour ones.
The guy who presented the motorbike show on ITV4 this week has one.

Heard the guy announce it on the Manx tt radio yesterday, they just missed developing a competitive bike for this years tt, but promised they will be at next years with a bike that will do the name justice.

Trev

apparently all the rotary engines decided to go bang, prehaps some quality r&d before making a road going version.

I think they had one in the Milestone of the Mountain parade lap yesterday on the tt course.
Murry Walker did a fantastic job seeing the bikes off one by one and giving a potted history of the bikes and riders...you can listen to it again here.
http://www.manxradio.com/listen.aspx

A good listen for fans of the old bikes/riders of the tt.

trev

@Stue11 wrote:
As much as id like to see the Norton back racing, i think they have left it far to long...
agree

@axl wrote:

i hope they make a road goin version of this beast Very Happy

but thats a darn sexy bike if i do say so