Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
axl

Tinted visors vs pc plod?

Ayup folks! can any one help me, what is the legality of tinted visors?

ignor what they say. last year had blakc visor, no trouble.

This year i have got a mirror chrome one

both not for road use but never been pulled for them, benn to bike meets too full police around. Also i been pulled by police for going a tad too quick, and they ddint even mention the visor. thumbs

From what I can remember it must admit 75% of the ambient light.Having said that some plod will not pull you if its darker and worn in daylight.

upto 50% tint is legal for day time use only. But i dont worry to much about it, ive always used pinlock visor lids, so it they were to pull me on it i could just remove it, if the visor says not for public highway use, theres ya answer thumbsCool

I have used sunglasses in the past, but i find they give me a headache, more so if i forget to take them off before my helmet!- only done that once Embarassed

internal are better in some ways, flick them up if plod pull you and no need to swap. but admit they dont look as good as a mirrored visor where they cant see you

if thats the type of visor you want check out www.ghostbikes.com you can get them for £12 posted. i just sold mine! if i knew you could have had it, i let it got for £5 posted

IMO i woudlnt worry about pinlock.

I have an arai, my clear visor has it what is great for rain, and darker/colder days,.

but the tinted one i use on warmer, brighter days and it never fogs up cos its too warm.

Dont worry about it, I have been wearing tinted visors for over 15 years and not been pulled once. I even went on a bike safe course and wore one.

@Robbie wrote:
Dont worry about it, I have been wearing tinted visors for over 15 years and not been pulled once. I even went on a bike safe course and wore one.

ditto.

thanx guys, ive seen some cool ones on ebay thumbs , only question now is what colour! Rolling Eyes !

I've used these in my helmets for a few years now,

Progrip Visor Insert

I find them quite good.

Woundering what colour visor would go with my lid?

Wot u guys recon?

Just fitted my new visor, looks ace! thumbs Thanx for the help and advice folks Very Happy

See for your-selves! (excuse the piccy, had to take it with my phone)

Only visor iv got and never been pulled. Don't ride at night but have a pair if face hugging safety glasses under my seat for if I get caught up in low light conditions.