Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

just thought i would share a little secret.i use this http://www.cromwell.co.uk/DEB7101113G to clean my bike, ive used it for over 30 years and its never caused any problems.just dilute it down spray it on then rinse it off with a hosepipe.I usually dilute it down about 8 parts water to 1 part janitol or i weight 125 grammes into a trigger spray bottle then make it up to a litre. funny thing is it looks smells and performs exactly like this but it works out at about 38p a litre.
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_categoryId_228374_productId_160859_langId_-1?cm_mmc=Shopping-_-Google%20Product%20Search-_-Bike+Maintenance+&+Tools%2FBike+Cleaning-_-Muc+Off+Trigger+Bike+Spray+1+litre&source=shopping

Just spent a productive afternoon tiitivating the bike
wilko's own brand shampoo 1.99 and a bottle of turtle wax 3.99
spared no expense Embarassed

ITS GLEAMING Cool but by dinnertime tomorrow its gonna look like a ratbike again dammed insects, I might have to restrict riding to winter NOT

@Davehutch wrote:
never found muc-off to be that good

trouble with it is that because its so expensive,people dont use enough.wouldnt like to think its costing me £6.50 every time i wash my bike,but I usually just empty a litre of diluted janitol over my bike and it comes up like a new pin for 38p.its also good in the kitchen and bathroom.

@Davehutch wrote:

trouble with it is that because its so expensive,people dont use enough.wouldnt like to think its costing me £6.50 every time i wash my bike,but I usually just empty a litre of diluted janitol over my bike and it comes up like a new pin for 38p.its also good in the kitchen and bathroom.
will give it a go thumbs

i use s doc and autoglym i find it pricey but goes a long way thumbs

I just got back from 5days in France, bike looked like new when I started and could have cried with the stae it was in when I got home, i have washed it and it only looks like it needs a wash now, I reckon i will be on cleaning duty for some time

Davehutch wrote:

Been using muc-off for a while but found it effected (contaminated) my brakes quite seriously, I don't spray it anywhere near my pads or discs but the run off from the screen was enough to cause problems. Anyone else had a similar issues scratch .So now i cover my wheels before i wash the bike and the brakes have been fine. I'm sure the study say its safe to use on braking equipment. Like Dave think i'll give your stuff a go thanks Bladerunner thumbs

tbf never let my bike get in such a bad state that it requires extremely strong cleaners to remove the shit lol.

@fr499y wrote:
tbf never let my bike get in such a bad state that it requires extremely strong cleaners to remove the shit lol.
agree Mr ocd is me Laughingthumbs

@fr499y wrote:

well said im the same hide

@day101 wrote:
@fr499y wrote:

You wanna hide aswell Luke fofl

if you want some good wax, after a bloody good clean, use some dodo juice supernatural ( also do a supernatural shampoo ) gives cracking results and makes it a hell lot easier to clean next time Winkhttp://www.sgnetwork.co.uk/pages/cleaning-products.php few things i use there reviewed by me so are pretty shitly done but you get the idea rofl

@day101 wrote:
@fr499y wrote:

OMG i nearly choked on me milkshake ShockedShocked

@fr499y wrote:

Same here.I got caught in the rain yesterday.It had stopped by the time i got home(8pm) so i cleaned n dried the bike and was out in the shed at 7am this morning with me polishing rags Embarassed

@flange wrote:
@fr499y wrote:

Same here.I got caught in the rain yesterday.It had stopped by the time i got home(8pm) so i cleaned n dried the bike and was out in the shed at 7am this morning with me polishing rags Embarassed

OMG you sound like stue11 lol

What's wrong with hiding in a bus shelter if it rains!!
I have a little shelf just for me polishing gear, thumbs

@haveugot1 wrote:

Some years ago I finished up in a public toilet with my mate Chris & his freshly resprayed Z900. Bloke came in and I think he wondered what he'd stumbled into! Laughing

@haveugot1 wrote:

Some years ago I finished up in a public toilet with my mate Chris & his freshly resprayed Z900. Bloke came in and I think he wondered what he'd stumbled into! Laughing

when I was at college, we hid our classmates speedfight in the toilets. He went fuckin mental when he thought it had been nicked.

@haveugot1 wrote:

I have heard of your sort before, If you was a friend on f/book I would delete you fofl

@Davehutch wrote:
@haveugot1 wrote:

I have heard of your sort before, If you was a friend on f/book I would delete you fofl
foflfoflfofl

@Davehutch wrote:
@haveugot1 wrote:

Tell you what Dave-after the ride back from Mallory Park on the back of that Kwak my sphincter was clenched so tight I was safe as houses. Laughing

i went into the public loos on hols once missus was stood outside wondering where id gone so she started shouting DICK several times i was in stitches Laughing

My surname is Dix. In 2 places I've worked, I've had people using the tannoy asking for 'Dix'. Quite funny but also quite embarrassing.

Gave up with the likes of Muc-Off and loony expensive motorcycle shampoos years ago.

Nowadays if there is significant filth around I use a non-caustic TFR from Wholesale Cleaning Supplies in Leicester [1][2] which will dilute to 1:40, but 1:20 is plenty strong enough to remove a months worth of Scottoiler induced rear wheel crud, so works out to about 32p a litre. Non caustic so OK on shiny bits.

For mild levels of filth, or to finish of with, Fenwicks FS1 has been my weapon of choice. Safe on shiney bits. About 80p a litre from cycling stylee outlets, such as Discount Cycles Direct or Wiggle.

[1] Mainly because they are local
[2] Wouldn't let me post a direct link, so Google is your friend.