Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

thats the stuff you use to make your bike shine not the eastern european countrymen,just wondering what people use on their bikes,many years ago i used to use Autoglym http://www.amazon.co.uk/AutoGlym-Super-Resin-Polish-500ml/dp/B0011E06XA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1308240234&sr=8-3 but i didnt like the fact it used to leave chalky residue in the cracks and crevices so i started using Motrax purple helmet polish http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/81/2706 trouble is Motrax have gone t*ts up and its getting difficult to get hold of without paying through the nose what with postage and whatever so i need some suggestions.Been thinking about using a clay bar on the Ducati just like the Max power adplescents use like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Meguiars-Quik-Detailing-System-Starter/dp/B0039O2GJM

use pledge have done for years,then Autoglym for harder wax,and solvol autosol on ally casings etc.
if you have trouble with polish building up in cracks,heres a tip Always start in middle of panel with polish so by the time you reach edges theres no over polish left,always put wax on with a damp sponge,it spreads a lot further and thinner.
if you do get polish in cracks,use a cocktail stick to clear,hope this helps

autoglym thumbs

stue bike looks well thumbsthumbs

@lee wrote:
autoglym thumbs

stue bike looks well thumbsthumbs
Thanks Lee, just wish i could ride em Sad

this is what i use
wash stage its the Dodo Juice 'Born To Be Mild' shampoo clicky clicky! using the 2 bucket method.
DodoJuice Claybar Click me!
with DodJuice Born Slippy clay lube CLick me!
for the polish its DodoJuice Lime Prime Lite click me again!
and for the final stage, the wax! now Dodjuice do a hardwax or a soft wax, i use the softwax and hand wax.(its very therapeutic!
they also do waxs that are better sutied to a certain shade on your vehicle, i use Light Fantasic soft Wax which is more for light colored car (or bikes!) i should be using the Dodo Juice Orange Crush which is for warm colored paints, but at the mo i will stick with the one i have as its give FANTASTIC results!
and dont forget that polishes polish and waxes protect!
I also use a detail spray for a quick going over now and again the DodoJuice Red Mist tropical you know what to do!

ok its expensive but the results are worth it! and dont forget to use a clean microfibre cloth for polishing off, turning regularly!

@Wolfie wrote:
this is what i use
wash stage its the Dodo Juice 'Born To Be Mild' shampoo clicky clicky! using the 2 bucket method.
DodoJuice Claybar Click me!
with DodJuice Born Slippy clay lube CLick me!
for the polish its DodoJuice Lime Prime Lite click me again!
and for the final stage, the wax! now Dodjuice do a hardwax or a soft wax, i use the softwax and hand wax.(its very therapeutic!
they also do waxs that are better sutied to a certain shade on your vehicle, i use Light Fantasic soft Wax which is more for light colored car (or bikes!) i should be using the Dodo Juice Orange Crush which is for warm colored paints, but at the mo i will stick with the one i have as its give FANTASTIC results!
and dont forget that polishes polish and waxes protect!
I also use a detail spray for a quick going over now and again the DodoJuice Red Mist tropical you know what to do!

ok its expensive but the results are worth it! and dont forget to use a clean microfibre cloth for polishing off, turning regularly!
pics of the results please thumbs

Autoglm for me and Mr Sheene for the quick fix ocd polish, Very Happy
autoglm is a very good and expensive polish lol

@day101 wrote:

if you think Autoglym is expensive you would shit at the price of my stuff! Very Happy

Hutchy, i am going to do gregs ZX soon, so will post pics of that when i am done!

@Wolfie wrote:
@day101 wrote:

if you think Autoglym is expensive you would shit at the price of my stuff! Very Happy

Hutchy, i am going to do gregs ZX soon, so will post pics of that when i am done!

yes please do very interested in this thumbs
ITCHY wrote:
Jesus have you ALL got OCD??

I have Embarassed

Im also a dodo juice fan :P

www.sgnetwork.co.uk wrote up all that i use, and the results of the dodo juice wax speak for themselves Smile

oh and its been a month since i last cleaned it Wink picture taken a few days ago

just started using r222,very good results,punches way above its price and the reflective qualities are outstanding,looks "wet" and colour depth is brill,and its only approx £30

my bikes a mess ive flatted the paint to get it shineyw ith a buffer as i painted it :/

nice one thumbs ive always used autoglym its expensive but a bike doesnt use much Smile

Muc Off to wash, Autosol for the metal, GT85 for the wheels and Carnauba wax for the paint thumbsthumbs
but am slowly coming round to the idea of ride it and leave it.......... affraid

Nah! lol!

Poor boys polish for paint. Poor boys wheel sealant for wheels. Autosol and belgum alum for polished parts.