Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

Chain issues

Guest Guest

Right people need your honest opinions here. Last night adjusted my chain as it needed it and as it was not still feeling right had to try again this evening. Issue I’ve got is that it’s worn very uneven so if I adjust to the slackest part it will be VERY tight in other areas of the chain. Do I need to just make it right the slack areas and hope that those tight spots work out? I’d love to get new chain and sprockets but as I’m planning on an oil change soon don’t really have the money if I’m to get on the ride out. Also another reason for not getting just now is later in the year want to change the swing arm so planned on doing it then. Sad

Here is the vid after adjusting again but any tighter it really feels too tight in places:

I need guidance if to over adjust this as the above just is wrong
Shocked

For one dont do that on the paddock. will you not only loose ya fingers, , but if that jumps off the stand the bike will go shooting.

engine off, in neutral, so wheel ca rold freely. get 2" of play thumbs

Guest Guest
For one dont do that on the paddock. will you not only loose ya fingers, , but if that jumps off the stand the bike will go shooting.

Thanks Chad, I adjusted it on the side stand with a trolly jack under the middle to lift the wheel so I could adjust it. I put on the paddock to have a good look around as it was starting to really piss me off with the uneven ware.

If I get 2" of play in the slackest part there are two parts of the chain that almost become impossible to turn the wheel and really worried the strain would snap it what do you think?

on right some sections are fine some are crap. mmmm shoudnt be worn like that unless its seized. do you oil it often?

Its knackered Andy, needs replacment m8, check your sprox too, specially the front for hooking, they will prob be worn too. If you. Got tight spots to tth extent you say its knackered. Sad

Guest Guest
I do it about every 200-300 miles. Its still sticky now from last weeks oil but due some more tomorrow. I'm just worried if I over tighten its going to snap and cause a lot of damage to me and the bike.

Guest Guest
Its knackered Andy, needs replacment m8, check your sprox too, specially the front for hooking, they will prob be worn too. If you. Got tight spots to tth extent you say its knackered. Sad

The back one does look worn not check the front yet but would make sense that one is worn more than the back due to size. I may be fooked for the ride out then Sad

Guest Guest
I think I still have a new set of sprockets for my old Bandit 600 any chance they will do for the Bandit 1200?

A tight spot chain will wear out otherwise gud sprockets in no time, the front sprocket takes the brunt of the wear and will knacker up quicker than the back, but the back will wear too.

Hawki wrote:
I think I still have a new set of sprockets for my old Bandit 600 any chance they will do for the Bandit 1200?

No m8, wrong number of teeth,

Hawki wrote:

600 47/15 Standard

1200 45/15 Standard

Guest Guest
Thanks guys, think bikes going to be off the road for a bit but better being safe.

2" (50mm) seems a bit much Chad
Bandit 600- 25/35mm freeplay
Bandit 1200- 20/30mm freeplay
thumbs

2" (50mm) seems a bit much Chad
Bandit 600- 25/35mm freeplay
Bandit 1200- 20/30mm freeplay
thumbs
agree

@Kenb wrote:
Hawki wrote:

600 47/15 Standard

1200 45/15 Standard

47 on the back is good for 1200`s .... lots more fun Twisted Evil

Hawki wrote:
Thanks guys, think bikes going to be off the road for a bit but better being safe.
very true always better being safe. thumbs

Guest Guest

Well happy farthers day look what I had through the post this morning Laughing

partypartypartypartypartyparty

Guest Guest

Need to get the bugger on first...may as well swap the wheels while I'm doing it but need them balanced first !!! Are you able to balance them nice polished wheels for me Rob Laughing

Hawki wrote:
Need to get the bugger on first...may as well swap the wheels while I'm doing it but need them balanced first !!! Are you able to balance them nice polished wheels for me Rob Laughing
like the creaping thumbs

Guest Guest
@day101 wrote:
Hawki wrote:
like the creaping thumbs

Well I would like them balanced but if Rob can't I'll use a pole and some stands just to see if they are a lot out.

mine was very quick but i cant say for sure how long it took. but such a great bit of kit! thumbs

Guest Guest

I will get one just not this month. The chain and sprockets were a present or I'd not be using the bike until some time next month so I'm just happy I'll be gettin it sorted thumbs

Guest Guest

Guys after Trebor came over and helped me sort out the mess of my back wheel he changed my sprockets and chain. The bike is great again and one oil change away from being ready for the ride out thumbs

Thanks again Trebor mate I'm getting you an oatie this weekend mate when I come over to stoke foodparty

Hawki wrote:
Guys after Trebor came over and helped me sort out the mess of my back wheel he changed my sprockets and chain. The bike is great again and one oil change away from being ready for the ride out thumbs

Thanks again Trebor mate I'm getting you an oatie this weekend mate when I come over to stoke foodparty
Nice 1 m8 glad your coming thumbs and well done Rob your a good un m8 salute

Guest Guest
@Davehutch wrote:
Hawki wrote:

He is and the new wheels once clean will look the business as well mate. Only problem is there is more silver to polish now fofl

@Davehutch wrote:
Hawki wrote:

agreeagree

Hawki wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
Hawki wrote:

He is and the new wheels once clean will look the business as well mate. Only problem is there is more silver to polish now fofl
Excellent news Andy and well done Rob for helping a fellow biker friend salute cya in just under a week Andy thumbs

Guest Guest
Some time next week will get in touch to work out which day I'll head there and who to meet up with.

Hawki wrote:
Some time next week will get in touch to work out which day I'll head there and who to meet up with.
We are leaving early friday morning mate to get to Daves before all the idiot rush hour cage drivers thumbs ile pm ya my mob thumbs