Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XS1100

Sat Nav thingys

I need a sat nav thing, so before I trawl though a zillion pages on the net,
whos got one, And what do recomend it needs to work in europe.
I've no idea only that all I want is sumat that will show me a way from A to B with out to much trickery.And were is the best place to go get one?

Just got my first ever sat nav yesterday from Halfords, TomTom XL2 IQ routes. They are having a sale on at the moment. (arn't they always)Very easy to use and understand. thumbs

Thanks for that lads' I only I need to get from A-B in France and thought this will be an easy option and save a shed load of hassel. thumbs

garmin streetpilot i3

not tich screen so can use with gloves on. small simple.

mine cost £35 refurbed
then £5 for a handle bar bracket.
and put a 12v socket on the bike thumbs

garmin streetpilot i3

I have one of those, had it for a few years so it's had some use, also got a Garmin Nuvi 1300T which is pretty good. thumbs

agree will it get me to an address in Amsterdam though?

I have 2 tomtom's one for the car an old go 300 and one for the bike Rider europe not cheap but bloody good, Easy to use and set up.

Ok so call me Mr Money bags but I splashed out on a Garmin Zumo 660.

It’s not cheapest on the market but it’s fully waterproof clips into its own holder which has a waterproof cover for when the satnav’s not in the mount. It’s hard wired none of that Crapy Blue tooth to deal with.

My mate Chris has the TomTom rideer2 and just about every other time we go out he has to feck about with the blue tooth. Most times he loses the sound, you cannot alter anything on the Rider2 when your moving, not that I would recommend it but some times you just need to turn something up or down an the motorway. I did not fancy stopping just to turn up the MP3 player.

I have a simple role I like: “keep it simple stupid” and having spent a lot of time looking into Satnav’s I paid my money over, so far and I have done 844 miles in four days I am quite happy.

See review of the Garmin Zumo 660

http://www.webbikeworld.com/garmin-gps/garmin-zumo-660-review/

I went to http://www.satnaveasy.co.uk/ if you want I have a £5.00 off, it’s yours if you want to go to them they do TomTom as well. They are very easy to deal with and very fast.

Hope this helps.

E.Goldstein “They are watching you” Suspect

Just bought the wife a Tomtom XL Europe, and even she can use it. Just put in her sister's new address in Chesterfield & off she toddled, got there nae bother. However, the mount is a bit sh1t and has packed up after two uses-just falls off the screen. Got to take it back to Halfrauds to see what they have to say about it. As others have said, Tomtom all the way for me unless you're buying bike specific, in which case Garmin may have more to offer. From what I've read though they're a bit of a faff uploading routes? Smile