Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fr499y

New Toy! Kawasaki KLE 500

What can i say, im a happy bugger!! 1992 with about 15,000 on the clock. Just replaced rear brake hose, now to do the horrible grips, get a MOT and TAX then give it a spin!

very nice. ginge had a 55 plate on in his shop. wanted it but didnt have aroun 2k at the time.

You will love riding that beast great stuff thumbs

ITCHY wrote:
1992, wow that's well tidy, good find Dude party
agreeparty

Rear and front disc covers painted satin black, look tonnes better, the footpeg hangers have been painted "hammered" silver, gaiters need to be put on, MOT'd and insured, just got to wait till thursday for tax then take it for a ride and see how it is Very Happy oh and put on a small rubber tank pad to hide a nasty dent/scratch Smile

@fr499y wrote:
Rear and front disc covers painted satin black, look tonnes better, the footpeg hangers have been painted "hammered" silver, gaiters need to be put on, MOT'd and insured, just got to wait till thursday for tax then take it for a ride and see how it is Very Happy oh and put on a small rubber tank pad to hide a nasty dent/scratch Smile
thumbs

Gaiters on! taxed today Very Happy ready for a ride tomoz morning =D im expecting a gutless thing that will get me to work and back, but i have a feeling i will be suprised.. Pics will be put on after i eat dinner =D

well seeing as you lot can't wait, here you go :P

oh and one of these going on in a week or so with stainless headers Smile

funny how 2 bits of rubber can make the bike look totally different Smile

@fr499y wrote:
funny how 2 bits of rubber can make the bike look totally different Smile
agree too true Laughing

well i was kind of suprised this morning... felt pretty much O-K at low rpm, but like the little xjr i had, get the revs up and it flies Laughing 70 mph is at like 3-4K RPM and the speed increases without too much increase on the revs. some how i don't think it will top out at 100 like they say, i think it will be a fair bit more! now to find a private road and try it Very Happy

Got a full exhaust coming! should be here tomoz or thursday. might not be using the can it comes with, so if anyone wants a dirt cheap can, give me a shout ( cans brand new, fully road legal )

ill have it matt! ill even give you some money
for it got a pic?
ta
Mark.

i should have it tomoz, when it turns up i'll see if my carbon cans fit, if they do then i'll give ya a shout Smile

exhaust system turned up! except doesnt exactly fit... gunna have another look tomoz when its light and see why it doesnt level up... im wondering if its to do with gaskets/crud around the engine head where the headers go in. Not a happy day, however the stainless can is as expected, not a single mark on it, seperately boxed up round can, full length with baffle so open to offers on it if i get the rest put on tomoz! oh and the carbon can looks the shit on the kle Laughing

Right! so left me dad in charge of exhaust fitting, come home from work to find him shouting and saying "THE F******G THING DONT FIT ARGHHHH!!!" then "well it didnt.. its on now" lol so all is good!! some piccies for you lot Smile

mark still want some pics of the stainless can? and thanks guys Smile cracking bike, real bone shaker now though! sounds like a big single with the full system on Smile

hi matt, yeah pics would be good , havent got much money now though just bought another project. so dont feel obligated to sell/give it to me Laughing

Ugh, seems i got a little problem.. about a week or so ago it started to run like shit from 5 - 7k RPM, which makes me think its running a little lean and causing a flat spot. Took carbs off and one of them was totally blocked up and the other fine. took it for a spin after and the flat spot is worse and its shooting massive flames every gear change ( up or down ), so i put the bike away till this morning as it was dark by the time i took it for a test ride. Woke up this morning to find one of the stupid pod filters that was on it when i got it, sitting under the carb between the carb and engine.. wonder if this popped off last night when i took it for a spin? No matter how hard you get the bastard on and do the clamp up, the same poxy filter pops off!!

cracking bike tbf, been using it for the past month instaid of the zed to iron out little problems, the surging and flat spot is the last thing to do Smile found out why it feels so springy, the shock is on the lowest setting possible, so a C spanner will be needed to crank it up a few notches, wack some air in the forks then its ready for some off road fun Laughing will get some new pics up soon Smile

Have you tried doing the clamp up a little less? Sometimes the force of the clamp will push the ruber backwards...

thumbs

nothing to do with the clamp. i know whats doing it but cant do anything cause of the stupid F*cking rain censoredcensoredcensoredcensoredcensoredcensoredcensoredcensoredcensored

duck tape! im jokeing. bugger, cant you ued something ebtwee carb and clamp so it has more grip?

i think the filters are pretty much foobard anyway, so going to order some new but shorter ones, which will hopefully richen it up enough to get rid of the surging ( flat spot was due to filter popping off )

Filters done and the gaskets have been done.. bike pulls like a train! only down side is the 21" front wheel, really want a supermoto but this is just as much fun thumbs gunna try some things out so will get a few more pics Very Happy

well after blowing the rivets out of the carbon cans ( i knew it would happen anyway ) i decided to go with a stainless can Smile now i just gotta sort out some sort of heat shield ( ent paying £50 for one!! let the glassing begin! )to stop me misses from melting my draggins