Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Robbie

Little update on the Z

Just thought i'd post a little update about the Z. Since owning it it's rained alot Sad so its took a while to get the miles on, anyway finally its had its first service which is meant to be at 600 miles but with having a little trip to and around Devon and back I took it in with 920 miles on :doh: luckily enough the service mechanic was cool with this and said it's better to go over than bring it in under thumbs
Anyway i decided this morning its time to see what it can do now it's got a few miles under its belt and F*#K me is this bike a beast, now I know my Bandit was no sloth and as a few of you who have ridden with me know I certainly used all the 1200cc's it had and a few times have had it buried deep in the triple figures mark but the Z is a whole different ball game, that thing just kept pulling and pulling. The biggest think to me anyway is the weight difference as whilst I was on the power on a stretch of road i hit what I would consider a couple of very small crests in the road, now the Bandit would have just swallowed them up without much notice but the Z decided to let the front end lift and start waving to the cows in the field, very un-nerving at first and a brief brown pants moment but I quickly found myself grinning and laughing to myself (very immature and not the style of riding i should be promoting, before I get slated from the "your a hooligan and bring shame upon us bikers" brigade ) But I continued to give it full steam ahead regardless.
At the end of my little "mad hour" I pootled back into the urban jungle and cruised merrily home with a great feeling of self satisfaction.....and a pair of leather trousers containing an equal amount of poop and sex wee. affraidthumbs

Very Happy Sounds and looks bloody awesome mate Very Happy
Out of interest, what does it weigh?

According to the kwak web site its curb weight mass is 218kg and the bandit is 245kg

@Robbie wrote:
According to the kwak web site its curb weight mass is 218kg and the bandit is 245kg

Sheet! the older one is 198kg!! must be the extra plastic they have slapped on it :P

Is that with fluids ? 'cause manufacturers have a habit of quoting weights without fuel,oil or water.

They are fast as censored k thumbs ive ridden me mates 2008 model loved it thumbs

thumbsthumbsthumbs . Tell me Rob what is the vibration like. I had the 750 version on an 06 plate & it used to hurt my thumbs. After about 95 mph I also used to get vibes through the foot pegs.

Sounds like a cracker mate thumbsthumbs Looked good in the flesh and sounds like it rides even better LaughingLaughing

It is a bit vibey through the pegs as there is no rubber to put your feet on as there sports bike style pegs unlike my mates 07 one but its no biggie as i have memory foam soles in my boots Very Happy . I get a bit of vibe through the bars as well but suffer more with the throttle side but to be fair that's more down to me as I tore the sheath on my tendons a few years ago so suffer regardless of what i ride.

Haha no I didn't, I'd actually forgot all about that post but saying that the road I was on certainly wasn't as straight or as smooth as the one in the video. But now you've bought it to my attention Twisted Evil

try one of these robbie http://www.barsnake.com/

Cheers for that mate thumbs

Ive known about the barsnake for some years after being told about it on the BanditAlley website but just never got round to getting one. They also do a liquid version as well that you just pour in the bars if I remember correctly.
Its supposed to be pretty good.

its good to bond with a new bike,i wonder what the z1000sx is like to ride? thumbs

isnt the 218kg dry weight aswell then? The zed has always been a hooli bike. Not sure if to try the 10/11 model or not as im afraid i might want to buy one lol thumbs

No Kawasaki quote it as "curb weight" which is real world weight I.E. including full tank of fuel,oil,water and they even mention battery fluid.

Go on I dare you to go for a test ride Twisted Evil
I've ridden my mates 07 Z1000 and in my opinion there 2 different machines.

yeah im a sucker for the older zed, probs down to the style of the bike, more bare you might say Smile