Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lee1

my wife is mad

And ive just gone mad with her head bang

my wife works for the nhs,she looks after people with learning disabilitys,and mental health

since wednesday morning,upto now she has been at work 75 hours,thats includeing her breaks

as there short staffed,now thats comittment to your work salute

Think she deserves a big bunch of flowers of me thumbs

Fairplay to her i think she does to thumbsbut dont tell my mrs

Guest Guest

Kudos. My son has adhd, asd, aspergers and dyspraxia - 75 hours a week sounds good Laughing

Hope there was choccies with them flowers thumbs

NoZ wrote:
Kudos. My son has adhd, asd, aspergers and dyspraxia - 75 hours a week sounds good Laughing

Hope there was choccies with them flowers thumbs
choccies to ShockedLaughing there will be noz,shes got another 2 shifts to do yet Shocked

At the end of the day she's still just a number, no matter how hard NHS employees work they get no real thanks, just people moaning and complaining and now on the TV "No Win No Fee against the NHS" THAT disgusts me It should be stopped.

Most NHS employees work long hours with no breaks in a high pressure environments for no extra pay and are lucky to get the time back and they are still under pressure to cut costs which means reducing work force causing staffing problems piling even extra pressure on others.

Well done to all who work for our NHS as I for 1 appreciate you thumbs

Embarassed Sorry rant over Embarassed

P.S. As you may have guessed my wife works for them Laughing

I feel for her, i too work with adults with Autism so i know what long hours are like although it can be very rewarding thumbs

@karlo wrote:
At the end of the day she's still just a number, no matter how hard NHS employees work they get no real thanks, just people moaning and complaining and now on the TV "No Win No Fee against the NHS" THAT disgusts me It should be stopped.

Most NHS employees work long hours with no breaks in a high pressure environments for no extra pay and are lucky to get the time back and they are still under pressure to cut costs which means reducing work force causing staffing problems piling even extra pressure on others.

hit the nail on the head there

@mrsstue11 wrote:
I feel for her, i too work with adults with Autism so i know what long hours are like although it can be very rewarding thumbs

your right mrs stue,she loves her job just wish she would take a bit of time out for herself thumbsthumbs

take my hat of for her. people like her dont get the thanks they should! the silent heros!

@day101 wrote:
take my hat of for her. people like her dont get the thanks they should! the silent heros!

Having worked in the same field many years ago (challenging behavior unit) that is doubly so

@karlo wrote:

agree It seems to be the age old problem with all this. They decide that they need to cut costs and that they're under funded so they immediately look at the highest concentration of staff, rather than looking at the highest concentration of cost, Management! I fortunately don't go to hospital, or GP, very often but I have never had a problem with hospital staff or Doctors. Receptionists sometimes need a personalty transplant Wink , but when you see who they have to deal with I can understand why they're like they are.

As said above. Due credit to all who work in the NHS thumbsthumbs

Guest Guest
Where there's blame, there's a claim.. yeah, it's gotten out of hand BUT the NHS do screw up epically .

Examples: Stamford hospital - old people having to drink water out of the vases cos they had no water! Under serious investigation.

My friend had a DNC - 2 months later she gave birth to an arm and leg! How traumatic was that.. she deserved to sue them but do you know how hard it is to sue the NHS? Very. She never got a penny.

My big brother has cancer. They waited a month for the referral to the London hospital and the consultant there said that delay could cost him his life. He lost 3 stone in 3 weeks BEFORE chemo!

Dead kids organs harvested without consent?

My mate Linda had breast cancer. She was the only survivor from the whole ward of women this one consultant operated on. When she said she'd found another lump, they didn't believe her, as a former nurse she hounded them for 6 months til they scanned her again and found it was cancerous...

And what about that nurse who killed all those people with saline? How was she able to kill so many without being found out sooner? How was she not supervised?

My other brother works as the records manager - did you know your medical files are left out in corridors enmasse. Hear about a big pile of them found in a layby near Stevenage? No security, breaches of Data Protection Act and patient confidentiality.

The NHS is great and there many great people working their arses off. These stories aren't one offs... it's happening more and more. Why? Cuts, hiring from abroad and working the staff into the ground with less resources.

The NHS is a vast complex organisation. Those at the top get big money whilst those who do all the hardwork get paid pittance. My personal dealings with them have been mostly positive. They've patched me up many times. Dealt with ADHD clinics for over 10 years - all of those staff have been utterly fab. It's easy to defend the NHS but when you've read that many cases, it's hard ignore it's failings. Still, it's the best thing this country has - typical that our government continues to screw it up.

Kudos to anyone who works in the NHS. That's gotta take a lot of dedication and faith to help people. It's got to be a calling, rather than just a job.

NoZ wrote:
Where there's blame, there's a claim.. yeah, it's gotten out of hand BUT the NHS do screw up epically .

Examples: Stamford hospital - old people having to drink water out of the vases cos they had no water! Under serious investigation.

My friend had a DNC - 2 months later she gave birth to an arm and leg! How traumatic was that.. she deserved to sue them but do you know how hard it is to sue the NHS? Very. She never got a penny.

My big brother has cancer. They waited a month for the referral to the London hospital and the consultant there said that delay could cost him his life. He lost 3 stone in 3 weeks BEFORE chemo!

Dead kids organs harvested without consent?

My mate Linda had breast cancer. She was the only survivor from the whole ward of women this one consultant operated on. When she said she'd found another lump, they didn't believe her, as a former nurse she hounded them for 6 months til they scanned her again and found it was cancerous...

And what about that nurse who killed all those people with saline? How was she able to kill so many without being found out sooner? How was she not supervised?

My other brother works as the records manager - did you know your medical files are left out in corridors enmasse. Hear about a big pile of them found in a layby near Stevenage? No security, breaches of Data Protection Act and patient confidentiality.

The NHS is great and there many great people working their arses off. These stories aren't one offs... it's happening more and more. Why? Cuts, hiring from abroad and working the staff into the ground with less resources.

The NHS is a vast complex organisation. Those at the top get big money whilst those who do all the hardwork get paid pittance. My personal dealings with them have been mostly positive. They've patched me up many times. Dealt with ADHD clinics for over 10 years - all of those staff have been utterly fab. It's easy to defend the NHS but when you've read that many cases, it's hard ignore it's failings. Still, it's the best thing this country has - typical that our government continues to screw it up.

Kudos to anyone who works in the NHS. That's gotta take a lot of dedication and faith to help people. It's got to be a calling, rather than just a job.

Well said and very accurate agree

Theres good and bad through out the nhs
when I fractured my ribs,a few weeks back
I couldnt of asked for better service

doctors/nurses and even the surgeons that came to see me were brilliant

thumbsthumbsthumbs