Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lady_Loz

Feel the worlds biggest prat

Went out for a spin yesterday, went to whitchurch thursday and decided to go to bridgnorth yesterday (sunday) on the way back bricking it wasnt the word - had to ride through the junction where we had the accident, I have only been on the bike twice..I just completley lost focus, pulled into my street and...dropped the bike. Shocked

I know exactly what i did, i coasted around the corner, wasnt going fast enough and felt her dropping - so I just let her go. Put a brave face on and tried to laugh it off in front of the hubby and mate - "well..im an official biker now i dropped my first big bike" but i feel the worlds biggest prat. I mean..its biker 101 really isnt it? Cant even go around a blummin corner and I drop the thing? Its really...really knocked my confidence and feel i shouldnt be on the road Sad im still so nervous at junctions im not going as fast as I should and his dad is moaning im cornereing too slow.

Sorry for the rant - just on a bit of a downer.

Dont worry about it Smile just get back on and go for a ride Smile mind you, i have no confidence on sport style bikes with clip-on bars.. but stick me on a bike with renthals and the alike and im gone! Smile just need to get your confidence up thats all, everyones dropped a bike at stupid places... i came home one day after owning my first bandit for about 6 months and dropped it in the garden, also dropped a brand spanking new SV650 in the middle of town center ( a week after buying it ), now that was embarrassing hehe.

I find the hardest junctions to get right are the emerging to the right with a slight hill against you. Damn tricky on my old Bandit where my feet were barely in contact with the ground. Pray pray don't stall or it will be over.

Just keep at it thumbsthumbs

Thanks guys Smile I was expecting people to tell me I was a noob. I was that fixated going "kerb kerb kerb" I dropped it. Thanks for the vote of confidence. Im glad somebody has some faith lol! My confidence is none existant at the moment! Just feel so...so stupid. So its not just me then dropping the bike turning left lol!

I wish my wife had the drive to ride a bike Loz, As said everyone does it at some point, all part of the learning curve that lasts forever. Keep practising and the confidence will come GOOD LUCK.....Mike.

get back on and build your confidence up slowly. i was the same when the front end went on my gsxr luckly i didnt down the road. thumbs Chin up

as said get back on it,it may even help going for little rides on your own

even if its just a few miles here and there in your local area

your not the first to drop a bike and you wont be the last,keep at it thumbsthumbs

dont worry we have all done it, dropped my first bike literally 30 seconds after handing over the cash.

dont worry about it too much, because i hate to say it but its gonna happen again at some point in your life in riding, just gotta pick it up (then stop crying, sometimes harder than it seems) then just jump back on.

all the best and try not to let it affect you. thumbs

The only way to build up your confidence is by getting back on. There is simply no substitute for hours on the bike [1], so it *will* come together.

As for being moaned at, well a little bit of constructive criticism is fair enough, but if anyone is just constantly nagging your ass off, just don't ride with them.

Keep smiling thumbs

[1] Missus had passed test for a couple of years, but was still very wobbly. 2000 miles in 10 days around Scotland fixed that completely Very Happy

agree with macie, just keep riding at your own pace and start doing longer trips youll soon be back into it thumbs

Like everyone said Loz, get back on and get back straight into it, try going out on ya own aswell, that way then if you fancy stopping for a break you can whenever you want, whenever i buy a new bike i always like to go out on me own just to familarise meself with the bike, nobodys gonna call you a noob not on this forum i wont have it, were all here to help and support each other, so get straight back into it and be proud of yourself for doing so, many folk couldnt and never will thumbs

As said just get back on and get some miles under your belt to bring your confidence back up, and a little tip, try not to look at the curb, when biking you tend to go where you lookin, that's why we tend to look ahead going into a corner and not at the actual corner/curb itself, might sound strange but it works and works well.
Gud luck, thumbs

and a little tip, try not to look at the curb, when biking you tend to go where you lookin, that's why we tend to look ahead going into a corner and not at the actual corner/curb itself, might sound strange but it works and works well.
Gud luck, thumbs

good advice thumbs

Guest Guest
Loz

After I passed I went for a few extra lessons to get better at things I wasn't happy with. Maybe if you had a couple of hours with an instructor and worked on junctions you'd be amazed at how your confidence will grow.

We have all dropped our bikes and anyone who says they haven't, will one day.

I'm doing ROSPA now and I can't believe how much better it makes me as a rider, your never too old to have lessons and Rospa or the IAM are really reasonable with the lessons. Your get cheaper insurance as well.

Sometimes its best to go out with a complete stranger as well as there is no pressure on you and you can't swear at them like the other half!!

Chin up, in a yr your be laughing at your posting as your confidence will be that much stronger.

totally agree with rose. and yeh droping bikes. never droped bandit but its been over twice once by air, once by a car with me on it.

but ive droped many bikes, droped my 50cc many times, even for a £100 helmet Sad

also had a motocross bike too tall fo me and it fell over hundreds of times.

as long as your okay, as you can always fix the bike

well said rose,you could even try bikesafe it taught me a thing or two thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
well said rose,you could even try bikesafe it taught me a thing or two thumbs
agree thats a good idea there

Guest Guest
Did a couple of bike safes at Gaydon, they even organised a ladies only day for me. Those coppers are brilliant, best days riding I've ever had and reasonable too.

Your never to old to learn new tricks!!

Thanks guys, I feel a lot bettter now Smile Really glad I joined this forum now. I know everyone will drop a bike at some point - I will just keep repeating that to myself. I will look into that course - sounds like it may help my confidence Smile

Thanks guys Smile

Its perhaps a bit silly but my biggest fear is passing a line of traffic at a junction and then dropping it right at the front - coz I sure as hell wont be able to pick it up on my own!!!!

I picture all the traffic driving off laughing as I sit on the kerb Sad

hide

nice one loz pleased to hear your feeling more positive about things thumbs