Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
steph42

new exup project

bought this a few months back , yet another basket case exup its an 89 same as my other. Im think'in i'll streetfighter this 1 as i aint had a naked for a few years since the fjr got destroyed by a t**t in a taxi(sorry i didnt see you...bright orange wi full akra system ..duh)

its got no body work or front end but the engine runs fine

ive got a few juicy bits lying around the garage , another set ov dymags , a cbr 600rr race tail unit and a garret t28rs turbo so i fancy sticki'in the turbo on for a start. ive been offered a few more nice bits recently by some customers at work ..an ohlins front end etc so i'll keep you posted

Steve

Dunno why being a Suzuki boy but i love the old FZRs!

Crack on and take some pictures mate! thumbs

nice one,love those exups and with a turbo thats going to be interesting thumbs

Nice one will be watching this one, on a scale of 1 to 10 what is the difficulty of fitting a turbo.

its more of the fiddly shit like jetting/mapping, the size/diameter of the plenum you use/turbo you use. Once you got a general idea of the whole thing, few calculations then you should be well away Smile Some people find a squarer plenum to be better than a cylinder shaped plenum, others dont seem to think it makes a difference Very Happy

Cheers Rob i'll post up some more pics in the nxt wk or 2 only prob i've got is if you've been on the celica forum then you'll see i've been naughty ive just bought a ct26 hybrid turbo and 6 branch manifolds for the Supra...........its gona get turbo'd too Laughing

Ive managed to finally track down the mille rsvr swing arm ive been after £100 bucks from dk spares ...BARGAIN..i'll post up some pics when it arrives

Nice project,
Why not bin the Turbo go to air shifter and Nos is?

Way ahead ov ya Gaz ive had a dual port nitrous kit sitting for over a year now.....only gota decide if the supra's gona get it or av i the spuds to put it on the bike...pmsl i only get bout 10mpg wi the 41mm flatsides as it is...lmao

finally gona get round to fitting the mille factory swingarm i've had sitting for a mth or 2. ive just gota remove 5mm each side of the pivot area, grind off, fabricate a new mount for the shock and weld it on and job done ...then im gona polish it up to match the frame

Looks great,watch the pikeys don't see it nice bit of alloy that, was it called the gull arm or am I having a weird spell?

Im stuck now i have to order some race bodywork for the exup so do i get :

ow01/fzr 1000exup race bodywork and keep the bike old skool OR Yamaha R7 and paint it in Haga style colours.......? head bang

Any views peeps?

Brake caliper and bracket arrived this morn so started putting it all together

just have to sort out the spacers to centre the wheel correctly source the linkage ive decided to use, hopefully get it trial fitted to the bike in the nxt wk or 2

Another quick update, the rear hugger arrived this morn ..again another ebay bargain and its like new ...well chuffed, just not sure if im gona fit it when the bikes finished

just waiting on the shock linkage now so i can workout the fork length, im also gona run with an offset rear shock now as i dnt wana go cutting up the mille arm, its gona be easier to move the top frame mount and much neater too

more to follow by the wkend...lol

Awesome Steve fairplay, your teasing us with these pics Very Happy

cheers JEZ thumbs for pointing me in the right direction with the digi clocks thumbs ive ordered a Koso RX1n for the bike got £25 bucks off it too....Result !

Ive managed to pickup a rear brake disc for the Dymag that'd fit it bit ov luck really , turns out kwack zxr/zx7 are an almost perfect fit just a bit too big in diameter with the mille rear caliper & bracket so ive had 4mm machined off its diameter ..perfect, the machine shop also made up some trick spacers too so the whole assemblys ready to trial fit/ strip now before i powder coat/ polish in a few weeks time...phew Laughing

Hi folks started working on the exup on and off last while , looking for bits and bobs to finally build the dream bike I've lusted over since 1999 the beautiful Nori Haga Yamaha R7 OW02 and finally I'm almost there .
I'll update the thread in the next few days with a few pics but I can honestly say now it's almost finished ......

Steve