Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madcarper

my bandits got a new friend

Just bought this zzr1100 for my next project, going to get a lot more technical with this one, anyone done owt with these wondering if zx10 or zx12 upsd front end can be made to fit. have been told suzukifront fits ??, going to change seat unit as it's proper fugly maby single side swinger if poss if not it will be braced and polished. bit of a shame to tear it to bits as its quite tidy 20000 miles, old guy has owned it for last 15 years just traded it in for a scooter. bike did 63 miles last year and is still restricted which i was glad about when i took it out for test ride on private road 130 pull brake( holy shit )they were'nt kidding when they said front brake was poor.any thoughts or recomendations will be appreciated thanks Ian.

Thats NICE.... thumbs i do like zz11's i had one myself for a while fantastic touring bike wi loads ov grunt Enjoy oh and the bandits well nice thumbsthumbsthumbs

Thats a nice bike shame to pull it down,I would move it on make a few bucks and get one thats not so pretty to pull down.there was a saying about the ZZR1100 Them things still have Propellers man!being that the blackbird and busa more advanced.
make a good project and you could sell what you don't need to finance the project, thumbs bandits sweet thumbs

ive got the soft spot for those old kwaks loads of power on tap where you need it would be a shame to change it as it looks in good condition thumbs

I agree it is a shame to pull it apart but i got it cheap and am not interested in making a few quid on it plus i can't ride a sportsbike for long with my dodgy back. anyway you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear so my old gran used to say!!!!

those bars arent as low as my ace bars and my backs dodgy! what about some vario bars certainly take the strain off thumbs

just work your magic on it ian im really looking forward to seeing this project how about a yellow theme thumbs

thanks lads,don't know about yellow stan but thinking maby black and either white or gold with a little extra thrown in by the way m8 hows your tailbone hope you back on the bike. If the weathers crap tommorow going to start pulling z apart was looking at a couple of possible donor bikes today, mt 01 nice seatunit and exhaust set up and triumph sprint seat unit with underslung exhaust and single side swinger just need to figure out wots gonna fit or not. This is going to be along project will try to post my progress in the right section,i welcome all comments,and help.Time to do a bit studyRolling Eyes

Lol I just read that first poin your strong accent lol. Bikes a cracker. And nothings too nice to pull apart. You keeping it faired or "fightering" it personally I'd keep a 2 sided swinger and maybe stretch it a tad?

fighter... defo losing the fairing might cut the lowers down to form some kind of bellypan maby keep a narrow section running down side of coolers, vario bars doubt it m8 ineed to be sat bolt upright, getting on a bit you know Wink

tailbone still nackered ian but ive fitted a gel seat and theyre fantastic mate only cost me £50 and you cant tell its in there ;still got to lean forward tho and still off work

Just seen this thread ian and what a cracking bike m8.as 2 wheels said maybe extend the swingarm and maybe fit nos.
Metmachex r doing mine in oct braced and polished for £218 all in.
Phoned others and thay were all about the same so I'm going to stick with what I know.

Dunno about nos mark affraid just bought a set of unrestricted carbs though and got a few other options to increase the horses. Need to shave of a bit weight though feels a lot heavier than my bandit.started to strip it and looking for and sussing parts out, when i know where i'm going with it i will start a thread in project section.see ya .
ps. looking forward to seeing your bike with new swinger.

Bloody hell 2-pots on a bike that size and speed?! Shocked

Looks dead tidy, will be looking forward to this one! And that Bandit is super-tasty m8!

thumbs

Just had a peek at ian,s new friend and its going to be sum project.
Just make sure you take plenty of pics m8 thumbs

nice looking bike,will look even better once the angle grinder has been at it Laughing

bandit looks sweet,even better in the flesh thumbsthumbs