Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

surley this cant do a bike any good :-/

if its in neutral then it shouldn't be too bad for the bike, only thing would be chain and tyre wear lo

for the hassle of it you might as well just get yourself a proper bike trailer. more chance of it being seen as well especially at night!

Why all the negative responces scratch
I bet its cheaper than a trailer and less hassle to park up at home if you haven't got a drive also looks like it could be transported in the boot. A good idea in my opinion and no more tyre or chain wear than if you were riding the bike.

Tyre wear on a 2x wheeled trailer must cost about the same as 1x tyre on a bike ?

Also the main draw back with towing a bike in this way, as far as I can see, are the serious chicken strips you would end up with. foflfofl

i think it looks like a good idea plus if the car breaks down you could always use the bike to push it foflno1

i can just see someone wiping out your pride and joy when they are changing lanes.

I looked into making one of those when I fetched the fazer but decided against it which I'm glad cos it warns about towing for prelonged periods in the handbook.

Even with the transmission in
the neutral position, do not
coast for long periods of time
with the engine off, and do not
tow the motorcycle for long distances.
The transmission is
properly lubricated only when
the engine is running. Inadequate
lubrication may damage
the transmission.

Seen this done with mopeds before. Good idea but not for long periods. I picked up a bike today and the guy had it on a proper bike trailer. He then took te bike off and took the trailer apart in about 5 mins and chucked it in the boot. Happy days

I wouldn't be keen, but thinking about it..

Chain wear: Yes, but it isnt under anywhere near the same load.

Tyre wear: Yes, but again, no weight of
rider and no accelleration or braking force
from the motor.

Suppose you'd still get punctures.

On long run's or a lot of use,
I wouldnt fancy getting the centre of
the tyre worn flat and squared off ?

Think i would purchase a bike trailer and some good chain and locks so if you have to leave it then its padlocked to the car thumbs