Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
2wheels

MY new mk1 b12!

Owned and loved my mk1 600 for 4 years but I'd gone as far as I want to go with it modification wise
I got it handling like a dream but the next step was to strip it and powdercoat it and then fit usd's and for me this wasn't worth doing to a 600 as I'd always wish it had more power.

So I bought this today

It's a little rough around the edges but the hard work has been dome for me! Usd's powdercoated frame braced swingarm etc. Once iv got some of the bits up to scratch I intend doing some further mods but you'll have to wait and see about those.

I rode it 110 miles to get it home and was very impressed with bothe the power and brakes!

Very nice mate. Would like to go that way myself but can't bare to part with the B6 yet, still very attached to it since the rebuild. Gaz thumbsthumbs

looks nice lucan, well done matey!
can needs chopping a tad but its your bike! thumbsthumbs

I maychop the can the be honest but I'd rather have a full length carbon oval but as money is now tichit I might just chop this. May even powdercoat the sleeve. The can has a couple of dings where it meets the link pipe so could cut them out easily.

Smart looking B12 Lucan look forward to seeing what you do with her thumbs

Loving the extra power! Just need to stop snatching the throttle back in first coz the front end keeps going skywards! Lol. Sounded and felt like it was running 3 though which I wasn't too impressed about. Hopefully it's something simple!

Does this mean I need to get something even faster,to keep you in the mirror LaughingLaughing

enjoy it mate,take it easy thumbsthumbs

@2wheels wrote:
Loving the extra power! Just need to stop snatching the throttle back in first coz the front end keeps going skywards! Lol. Sounded and felt like it was running 3 though which I wasn't too impressed about. Hopefully it's something simple!
Yea get her to 20mph then snatch back on the throttle and wheelie til ya hearts content Twisted Evilthumbs

Looks good! i can sort ya out with a full length carbon can if ya want Wink oval ovc!

@fr499y wrote:
Looks good! i can sort ya out with a full length carbon can if ya want Wink oval ovc!

How much. Iv got a few things to do to it and the list gets bigger and more expensive everyday! Lol

Painted and poorly I'm afraid. The paintwork is a little rough and the engine could do with a lick too although I do like the silver on top so may have that coated. Got some plans for it yet though. Just enjoying riding it as is for now. Gonna whip the plugs out tomorrow and scrub em and see if I can find out why it's running on 3!

how did you find Trowbridge? Is it still a shithole? Laughing

Nice looking bike mate. Being a bit rough gives you more of an excuse to mod it Very Happy

@2wheels wrote:
Painted and poorly I'm afraid. The paintwork is a little rough and the engine could do with a lick too although I do like the silver on top so may have that coated. Got some plans for it yet though. Just enjoying riding it as is for now. Gonna whip the plugs out tomorrow and scrub em and see if I can find out why it's running on 3!

Hope its something simple Lucan! A good service, carb balance and valve clearances will do it the world of good thumbs

Nice looking bike m8, and the b12 is better just don't give it a fist full when its damp,
I did and nearly buried her into a car lol..

I do. I loved my 600 and had put a lot of time and effort into it and didn't struggle to keep up with 12's on it as long as I wasn't 2 up but compared to this it was just gutless.

Nice looking bike no1 Will wait for the photos to see what you do. Have to agree, the 12 has a lot more punch than the 6. First time I took my 12 on a test ride opened her up on a slip road, having got straight of a 6, and watched as the front come up and I wheelied onto a major A road doing close on 90. Might have looked impressive, but I was affraidaffraidaffraid

Enjoy the difference thumbsthumbs

Lol I was exatly the same. Picked it up from some services and the front popped up on the slip road onto the m42! Lol