Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stantheman

2012 rideout (lakes 28th july)

hopefully the weather will pick up,ive waterproofed all my gear and topped up my scottoiler Laughingparty

ive just booked me and ian ( madcarper) into the fairlight (twin room)for friday and saturday night thumbs

ive just booked me and ian ( madcarper) into the fairlight (twin room)for friday and saturday night thumbs

nice one stan,whos camping then? thumbs

@dick65 wrote:

nice one stan,whos camping then? thumbs

Well, I'm still planning on camping Dick but if the weather turns really bad then might need something with hot running water! rain

nice one mike thumbs i wonder how much the static caravans would be thumbs

@dick65 wrote:

We might be finding out Dick rainrainrain either that or hide under Stan and Ians Beds hideaffraid

@dick65 wrote:

We might be finding out Dick rainrainrain either that or hide under Stan and Ians Beds hideaffraid

Shockedlol!lol! theres a bunkhouse as well Laughingthumbs

I wish i could of stayed, looks likes its going to be a good laugh Sad

@haveugot1 wrote:

well you shud of saved up some of your beer money. like wot i did Laughing

@madcarper wrote:
@haveugot1 wrote:

well you shud of saved up some of your beer money. like wot i did Laughing

Or save it all and don't drink like wot I do LaughingLaughing

Its not so much the beer money but the fact that in 5wks I go to greece for the week..

@haveugot1 wrote:
Its not so much the beer money but the fact that in 5wks I go to greece for the week..

what even if its raining there Laughing
dont worry m8 they on there arses over there bid them for everything i'm sure they;ll cave in.

just called round a mates house and he has started making a frame for his soft luggage he bought 2 weeks ago at bikewise for his gen 1 busa he cant weld so i offered my services so i suppose he might let me borrow them for the rideout so i can come on me busa thumbs

interview tmoz, debates if come or not as decides if i get my weekends back, but will mean doing the 370 miles in one day then same back thumbs

interview tmoz, debates if come or not as decides if i get my weekends back, but will mean doing the 370 miles in one day then same back thumbs

That's alot of mileage in one day ShockedShocked

Fingers crossed the weather holds. I'm hoping it's not a wash out like last years ShockedSad

Still looking forward to it thumbsthumbs

Got new waterproof boots so im sorted xx party

got my buell footpegs fitted today and the busa is much more comfortable so ill probs be on it thumbs just off for another test wave

nice one mel thumbs and look forward to meeting the busa stan Laughingthumbs

shame its not tommorow we got nice weather here till next week thumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
it will make it better if the weather is good , but i am going any way , and going to have a good time thumbs
agreethumbsthumbs

@Davehutch wrote:
it will make it better if the weather is good , but i am going any way , and going to have a good time thumbs

As long as it's good on the morning so I can get the tent up thumbsthumbs

Good news Stan, get to see the beast in the flesh. And the new busa as well Shockedthumbsfoflfofl

Qick question Dick. Did you say you were going to ring the campe site closer to the time, or should we make the call and arrange individually?

Qick question Dick. Did you say you were going to ring the campe site closer to the time, or should we make the call and arrange individually?

Don't think it was necessary Mike just roll up and pitch up (I think) thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
right a decision has been made and this is the campsite where we'll be staying,you dont book just turn up so ill ring again nearer the time,the owner says theres no problem about accomodating us thumbs its near the small village of glenridding beside ullswater,(pooley bridge was a nightmare) theres hard standing for bikes if there full, showers take 20p coins,they sell breakfast in the morning and its about £9 a night and the pubs 200 yards away

http://www.campincumbria.com/gillside_campsite_glenridding.html

and for b&b i found these but not looked into them yet,the first is near the campsite

http://www.fairlightguesthouse.co.uk/

http://www.mosscrag.co.uk/

we havent got a ride out planned at this late notice,but we will be going for a ride. sorry to inconveniance anyone thumbs
right we need to know whos coming

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?encType=1&where1=Ullswater&cp=54.575439~-2.886800&qpvt=map+of+ullswater&FORM=MIRE

sure dick will give them a phones can warn them to lock up there daughters girl

im gonna give em a bell on the friday morning they said they can accomodate us even if full,but i doubt they'll be that full for camping Laughingthumbs ill ask if stan can view there prize ewes Laughinghide

right guys im going to ride me bandit to the lakes cos its more suited to the job than me busa plus it hasnt had a decent run out in ages and i know the bike well so it wont let me down ;i know everyone will be saying the busa will be better for the trip but it hasnt got a top box ;there ive said it hide plus has anyone noticed how thirsty them busas are censored plus i still love me bandit the busa was more of an investment if the truth be known try leaving £3.000 in the bank for 10 years and then see what a gen 1 hayabusa made in the first week of production is worth in 10 years its a no brainer look at kawasaki 900s honda cbxs etc theyre worth a fortune thumbs also sold me z1r for £1000 IN 1983 IT WOULD OF FETCHED A FORTUNE IF ID KEPT IT oh well never mind silent

Fingers crossed thumbs Weather is supposed to be shifting this weekend, so here's hoping for a good ride over thumbsLaughingthumbs

Looking forward to catching up with everyone and seeing a few for the first time applauseclapapplauseclap

about time we had some decent weather were long overdue,looking forward to seeing old and new faces thumbsthumbs

cant believe this but my mates might be bailing out cos they had a shit 2 weeks last year in europe they are waiting till the last minute for weather forecast and might get a last minute deal so it looks like im coming over with just one mate ian madcarper but ive been out on me bandit tonight and im deffo bringing it to the lakes even tho 2 people have offered me a loan of busa luggage i still feel a lot more comfortable on me bandit

if its pissin down ill bring the passat and pick dick and ian up on the way

cant believe this but my mates might be bailing out cos they had a shit 2 weeks last year in europe they are waiting till the last minute for weather forecast and might get a last minute deal so it looks like im coming over with just one mate ian madcarper but ive been out on me bandit tonight and im deffo bringing it to the lakes even tho 2 people have offered me a loan of busa luggage i still feel a lot more comfortable on me bandit

What time you heading across? I'll be heading on the Saturday morning, with the good lady and the little one following in the car. Hoping to be at the site for about 10:00 so may see you on the way across thumbsthumbs

I'm going to try and get the tent pitched before we head out on the afternoon thumbsShockedthumbs

so just to get this right , who is going and what day/time ??

mel & I are going to get ther for around 2.00 on the friday afternoon thumbs

im hoping to be pitched about 1 ish on the friday thumbs wont take me long to get there racer2

I'll be over on the Saturday morning. Hoping to get there and get the tent pitched before head out on the afternoon thumbsthumbs