Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

Bandit service (advice )

my Mk 1 1200 bandit is 3,700 miles service intervals, I have done 3,200miles , now my question is as winter is coming there is a good chance that I may not do the 500 miles or if i do it wont be much over , bearing in mind that it always goes in to the garage in march for a full service and mot, would you not worry till you have done the 3,700 miles ? and if i am only going to do a couple of hundred over is that a problem ? , would you just leave it till next March, just do a oil change till then or take it in at 3,700 miles for a full service ?

Some say change your oil before it is stood idle.But we do get the odd nice day through winter so I would continue to use it than get it serviced in the spring Smile

Some say change your oil before it is stood idle.But we do get the odd nice day through winter so I would continue to use it than get it serviced in the spring Smile
I will give it a run through the winter , but i will pick the nice dry days thumbs

ok lads I may just give it a oil change then , and carry on using it till it goes in next march thumbs like i say it will only be a few hundred miles over if any

dave, i took my zed in for its 15,000 service at 17,000 miles... nowt wrong with going a few miles over!!! as said its only a guide Smile

yep let it go over a bit will be fine i would also do the oil next year . but that up to you

Yep definitely let it go over Dave, it's only a guide and often the time elapsed between services is more important that mileage done - think about it logically, a plug or valve isn't going to implode as soon as the odometer clicks over onto 3700 - although I wouldn't be surprised if that get engineered in in the dim and distant future!

just wait till march dave thumbs

my mates old bandit 600 which he had for 7 years,and used all year round only ever had 2 services in that time ShockedShocked

and never missed a beat

If you have a good oil wait to the spring

( yamaha have every 6250 mile )

Don't waste your oil till spring Dave, a lot of cold starting, firing her up in the garage to get the oil round over winter causes a lot of condensation, and just running her till warm and not actually taking her out means it don't really burn off, thumbs

Don't waste your oil till spring Dave, a lot of cold starting, firing her up in the garage to get the oil round over winter causes a lot of condensation, and just running her till warm and not actually taking her out means it don't really burn off, thumbs
agree

ive just got oil and filters dont know whether to just leave it till spring to change it now,ill still be running the bike for a while yet though scratch

I know you will all think I am daft ( dont all answer this one lol) but I have just been and brought some oil , I will feel better running her till March now Embarassed

@Davehutch wrote:
I know you will all think I am daft ( dont all answer this one lol) but I have just been and brought some oil , I will feel better running her till March now Embarassed
Dave its your baby as i dont do many miles on the rf , i put new oil in that ever , 1,000 miles now thats mad . but with 32,000 miles on the speedo i like to look after it the best i can . new filter ever other one , your bike you money and you love it , thats that , thumbsthumbs

@madsod wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
Dave its your baby as i dont do many miles on the rf , i put new oil in that ever , 1,000 miles now thats mad . but with 32,000 miles on the speedo i like to look after it the best i can . new filter ever other one , your bike you money and you love it , thats that , thumbsthumbs
thumbs it felt good putting New oil in her , and deep down I think she appreciated too Embarassed

dave ive just changed my oil and filter this afternoon very satisfying too thumbs

dave its your bike mate, if you wanna change it change it, its not like its alot of money, i change mine as often as i can its the blood of your engine. thumbs

@pugeyed wrote:
dave its your bike mate, if you wanna change it change it, its not like its alot of money, i change mine as often as i can its the blood of your engine. thumbs

agree

[/quote] thumbs it felt good putting New oil in her , and deep down I think she appreciated too Embarassed [/quote]

change mine every 1000 miles m8. Mechanic at straightline racing told me years ago the most important thing for the bandit engine was regular oil changes, they drag race them and thats good enough for me Cool

i normally in the new year and the biking season starts again. change the spark plugs, oil and air filter just treat it once a year and doesnt let me down. thumbs