Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madcarper

zzr project

ok as promised here is the start of my project to streetfighter my zzr.
bike as i got it,

stripped down

some tasty parts

chop chop

make some alloy brackets

thanks stan heres some more,and thanks again for alloy plate
had to cut down and reshape zzr side panels

on the bike

thats it for now doubt i'll get much more done this weekend as am at a funeral sat and going to mag demo ride on sunday see ya.

Looking good thumbs Should be an interesting when finished. Bit Sad for me as I'm considering a ZZR for my next bike and that one looked very nice. However I await the new improved ZZR Very HappythumbsVery Happy

quick question.. the seat cowl for the pillion, is it red and if it in good nick? cause i got one that doesnt quiet match my zed in red.. ( was sprayed closest as possible ) fancy swapping if yours is in good nick and right colour?

Excellent work mate shes gonna look mighty fine with that new back end, good job and ile look forward to future updates thumbs

thanks lads, fr499y it has a few scuffs on it m8 and the mounting for the catch underneath has snapped of so i will be fixing it somehow! i'm painting it so was not to fussed , if it was as you want i wud swap no problem. i can paint yours if you want. after i finish sorting the arsend i need to make some kind of cowling to fill the gap between the frame and tank . this will have to incorperate an air duct for the ram air and to cover the thermastat housing on the opposite side of frame, have seen similar kind of thing on hayabusa streetfighter but can't seem to find a supplier.
heres some pics of said gap

this is one ugly front end without it;s clothes on. think i have my work cut out here Rolling Eyes

thats gonna take some working out scratch apart from that its looking good thumbs

Thanks stan may take you up on that can you easily bend it by hand. did think about altering tank but i think it will look to bulky and i would still need to incorperate the ram air inlet. i am thinking of cutting off the thermostat/radiator filler crap off the other side, wich will mean changing radiator to one with it's own filler cap and fitting an inline temp sensor and just doing away with the thermostat as i can manage without it as it has a manual choke, what you reckon?.

Ah ok no worries! if it was in good nick and you was gunna spray i would of swapped ya lol. There like rocking horse shit to get in the red i need thumbs bikes looking good, deffo needed a slimmer/sleak ass end to sort it out Very Happy

Update , ok been working on making the panels to fill the gap between the tank and frame but also to incorperate the ram air ducting.This will be a three stage procedure 1 make panel/pattern for mould 2 from this make a mould with fibreglass 3 using the mould make the panels out of fibreglass.
started by using origonal filler panel ,cutting it down so i basically just had the mounting points and the shape where it meets the tank.

then i bonded on some pieces of block styrene and cut and sanded this to roughly the shape i want

i used a paint pot lid to get the right size hole in end

then i glassed over this to stiffen it all up then used body filler to get the shape perfect.

one side pattern done and on bike one still to finish.

be glad when this part is all done, fibreglass bloody horrible stuff to work with.

Excellent mate, that fibreglass can get messey looking good though thumbs

Interesting project..... thumbs
I used to have an all black ZZR1100C3

My 'fightered Hayabusa wasn't too pretty
when we pulled off the tupperware.

Ended up extending the loom. Fuses under the seat,
relays under tank behind motor,
quite a bit of head scratching.

There's a few places making infill panels
(for the Busa's) but mine are home made.

20 bolts to drop the forks through the yolks :| holy crap!! thats some beefy shit right there!!

Nice one Tony i think thats the most zzr i have seen modded anywhere, yea when i took fairing off i was having second thoughts not too pretty!.think i will also be doing a fair bit headscratching, ohh well nowt like a challenge from time to time.
I got these yolks because the zx12r usd forks are 20mm shorter and you can drop forks 50mm with these, got them from billetbikebits spoke to guy called roy martin for advice,sent him both my yolks for calcs for cnc machine and back came these babies top job.although i want them more highly polished and am thinking of carrying the polishing thru the frame and swingarm. Plus i think i have decided on colour scheme,mainly black with a kawasaki like pearl green thrown in wherever. was going to be black and white but every man and his dog seems to doing bikes that colour at the moment.

THANKS Stan, got to stick some new bearings in and check everything lines up as i want it first will give you a ring to arrange.

@madcarper wrote:
THANKS Stan, got to stick some new bearings in and check everything lines up as i want it first will give you a ring to arrange.
no bother ian i would love to have some input into your project thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
like the sound of the colour scheme m8 thumbs

cheers dick will do a couple of spraycards tommorow and see if i like the contrast.

My ram-air tubes go through the frame.
We just put some mesh over them made from
the old oil cooler guard.

(im not too flash at wireing)
Just inside the frame is a plasic tube that
connects to the air box. The guy who did
most of my wireing drilled a hole in the
tube just behind the frame and put in some
L.E.D's. I didnt know untill I put the lights
on and the ram air-ducts lit up !!

yes m8 have already thought about that might put them bikeviz bullets high intensity leds in ram tubes, to be honest i'm pretty shit with electrics too, thats wot mates are for.

Cant wait to see the bike finished ian thumbs

I will have them parts off for xmas as i need a new alarm so going to sort the wiring out and put some new connectors on the indicators, should be fun NOT. thumbs

think these are the colours i'm going for on bike both pearls the black flips to a more graphite colour on the angle or in the sun and the green is very much like kawasaki green except it's a pearl.

@madcarper wrote:
think these are the colours i'm going for on bike both pearls the black flips to a more graphite colour on the angle or in the sun and the green is very much like kawasaki green except it's a pearl.

thats going to look really good m8 thumbsthumbs