Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madsod

poor biker no chance

Yes we do need eyes in our asses. Unfortunately when this happens in the eyes of the law it's as much the bikers fault as the car drivers. Whenever I'm filtering down a line of cars I watch out for ANY signs that somebody might do just what happened in the video like look at the front wheels of the cars as they will move before the car swings out, watch out for someone leaving a gap in front of them to give them room to spin round,it might look like they've left the gap for you so be specially ready for that one. Also beware of cars that move over to the left it might not be a bike friendly car driver but someone getting ready to do a uturn. Finally try and look at the driver, either straight at him or through his mirror see what he's doing , you tend to develop a sixth sense over the years and can sometimes just see these things coming.

Guest Guest

No indicators. No mirrors. That biker was inside the white lines so wasn't an illegal move either. Thank grund they weren't doing more than 20mph! No

NoZ wrote:
No indicators. No mirrors. That biker was inside the white lines so wasn't an illegal move either. Thank grund they weren't doing more than 20mph! No

I agree about the speed but the bike WAS on the white lines approaching the point of impact so I would have said that it was "an illegal move" so the biker must share some of the blame.

I always feel very vulnerable out in no mans land like that so tend to proceed with EXTREME caution but I still feel that it could happen to me if in the wrong place, wrong time.

My mate just had 6 months off work from just such a crash but he did get paid out eventually.

ovc he was on the white line at impact, would of attempted to move out the way! happens to often, people stuck in traffic and do U Turns thinking f**k all is coming up behind!

happened to me a while back car did a u turn no mirrors indicator,managed to accelerate away quickly he just clipped my rear indicator and all i suffered was a blown bulb.

they are very lucky looking at the size of the dent in the door.

On another note, reading the comments below the vid using a translator is keeping me quite ammused. Laughing

Very lucky no one was seriously hurt, but idont think the biker stood much of a chance as the car driver showed no intention of turning or did he bother to look.

What would of happened if that were a police biker and they do filter traffic?

just goes to show how quick it can happen,ride safe all and as said there are sighns to look out for when filtering