Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ashleypayne

CBR600FK restoring project

Couple of pic's of my dads CBR thats been sat in the garage for around 8-10 years. She still runs, needs a bit of work though. Dads hoping to have her on the road by March Smile
To do list:
Brakes bleeding, fit the Mater Cylinder repair kit.
Balance carbs.
Check cam chain.
Give the bike one hell of a decent clean!

Thanks Smile Yeah dads done a good job of looking after it, looks better with all the fairings on but fingers crossed I end up with this bike. Really looking forward to working on it.

You dont owe me nothing Chad Smile I should be okay as im on this motorcycle repair course at college, but If I do then yeah i'll give you a shout Smile and as soon as we do all the 'to do list' Fairings going back on and I think i'll be cleaning it for days lol.

You dont owe me nothing Chad Smile I should be okay as im on this motorcycle repair course at college, but If I do then yeah i'll give you a shout Smile and as soon as we do all the 'to do list' Fairings going back on and I think i'll be cleaning it for days lol.

Yeh true, I'm self taught, when at 18 I've rebuilt engines, can do valves, carbs etc, now change tyres, but electrical is my failure lol

Will do Lee Wink and Chad, I can rebuild engines, Carbs I know a bit about, just gonna balance a few bikes a college first :L Electrics I have no clue on lmao, Tried fitting a new light on a mates ped and blew the fuse lmao. I can wire neons and that up but thats about it aha.

Will do Lee Wink and Chad, I can rebuild engines, Carbs I know a bit about, just gonna balance a few bikes a college first :L Electrics I have no clue on lmao, Tried fitting a new light on a mates ped and blew the fuse lmao. I can wire neons and that up but thats about it aha.

Once you get back carbs balancing is easy mate

LOL mate ive 1 in the same condition & been lying for the same amount of time too its a 93 model i strpped mine down with the intention ov do'in a full nut & bolt on it but then my marriage broke up so its just sat unloved now. Maybe after the Exups finished i'll resurrect it

good luck with the rebuild bro

nice one,i've got one on the bench to restore as well red and silver 87,had it on bench for about 4 months,took one panel off so far,so looks like it could be there a while,lol.good luck with the rebiuld

Thanks guys Smile this is an 1989 model Smile nice bike to work on aswell Smile already changed the throttle cables and done a few other bits and bobs to it Smile

By the way if its not quick enough 4u the 893cc & 918cc fireblade engine fit straight in with literally no mods at all and if you wana fit a single sider nc 1's fit as does vfr750 1's too no1

@steph42 wrote:
By the way if its not quick enough 4u the 893cc & 918cc fireblade engine fit straight in with literally no mods at all and if you wana fit a single sider nc 1's fit as does vfr750 1's too no1

Ash your dad will have it now lol

I wont tell him untill he lets me have it lol. Honestly I think he is to old to be riding a 'sport' bike lol. Last time he went on it, it killed his wrist lmao, think i've got my next bike sorted lmao.

I wont tell him untill he lets me have it lol. Honestly I think he is to old to be riding a 'sport' bike lol. Last time he went on it, it killed his wrist lmao, think i've got my next bike sorted lmao.

Sweet and sssa look sick

Yeah, last time he rode it was few years ago and it killed his wrist :') bless him. Think my dads gonna end up with a deauville or Pan. Something with a more 'upright' postion.

Yeah, last time he rode it was few years ago and it killed his wrist :') bless him. Think my dads gonna end up with a deauville or Pan. Something with a more 'upright' postion.

Paul has a pan, its massive

@dick65 wrote:
too old to be riding a sportsbike Shocked

I'm like that already with my damadged wrist lol.

you can get bar risers or vario bars Smile

the bars on my Ace are really low but feel right Very Happy ill keep it quiet m8 thumbs

To old im 51 and love my GSXR , only had it just over a year , and have done 280 miles in a day , and with a big grin on my face all the time , after that ride i could have rode back home also , the bad bit is going to slow , that can give the wrist a bit of pain , Very Happy
so dont do it foflfofl , some times we have to , keep safe is the most important thing at the end of the day ,

Another project to follow keep us all updated with plenty of pics thumbs

Will do mate thumbs should be doing the master cylinder in a few days, dad wants to do it together so gotta wait till he isnt working lol, and stuff that many miles in a day on a bike lol, mind you im only on a 50 at the moment not alot of fun on that lol. Id love the gsxr k4, beautiful bike :')

Will do mate thumbs should be doing the master cylinder in a few days, dad wants to do it together so gotta wait till he isnt working lol, and stuff that many miles in a day on a bike lol, mind you im only on a 50 at the moment not alot of fun on that lol. Id love the gsxr k4, beautiful bike :')
Like i said earlier Ash we all had to start somewhere as long as your riding its all experiance and your day for a bigger bike will come, im glad your enjoying the forum Very Happythumbs

I honestly cant wait to get on a bigger bike Smile and the forum is mint, none of my mates are in to bikes like we are, there always talking about cage's -_- Its good to have a place to chat with people that have the same love for biking as I do Smile

I honestly cant wait to get on a bigger bike Smile and the forum is mint, none of my mates are in to bikes like we are, there always talking about cage's -_- Its good to have a place to chat with people that have the same love for biking as I do Smile

Or can name a couple we know on 125s who seem to think and act like their the best bikers in the world lol

Good to hear Ash, i was the same when i was your age, never liked cars...the only time i use one is in the winter and then the wifey will drive as driving bores me Laughing

Chad, most kids we know think there the best bikers in the world lmao, and thats the only time i wanna be in a car is in the winter, gets bloody cold in the winter even on a 50 with my leathers lmao.

Heres a pic to show how small the 600fk is, my 125 is standing taller lol.

And no that little blue ped is not the 50 i ride lol it was my first project lol.

Just thought i'd update everyone on this Smile Brake master cylinder on the dads 600 repaired and brakes bled, tomorrow after ive finished work should be looking at the carbs and getting them balanced up Smile Then maybe having a looking at the cam chain in the next few weeks Smile

Yeah, think my dads gonna let me have the bike aswell Smile He said 'bet you cant wait to have this, can you' So fingers crossed Smilethumbs

Yeah, think my dads gonna let me have the bike aswell Smile He said 'bet you cant wait to have this, can you' So fingers crossed Smilethumbs
hope he wasnt drunk when he said it Laughing fair play m8 your gonna enjoy it bet your made up thumbs

Got the Carbs off today, couple of pilot jets blocked are now unblocked, one carb was flooding, that has now been stopped, the carbs have also been cleaned, now all thats left to do on the Carbs is to get them back on the bike and balance them up Smile

Thanks lads Smile gotta take engine apart, think Cam chain is on its way out, slight knocking noise, but we will see Smile