Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

a morning with the bikes

Recommended Posts

Going to have a morning with the bikes, going to fit my USB charging port and sat nav holder to the b-king , check tyre pressures and stuff ,Was going to take the king and bandit for a run if the roads are dry (not been out since braking by wrist),But i may end up just pushing them outside and starting them up till they are warm/hot ,Will see when i finish playing thumbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have fun Dave !

Just spent most of the day digging holes
in the back garden. F@rkin' hot!
Planted two lime tree's for the Mrs and put
in 7 "mock Orange" bushes to grow into a hedge.
Im paying the price for clearing the garden
to build my shed.... Laughing

About mid day I was stood under the hose pipe
and the water was still coming out warm!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Tony , the forcast here is dry ,but saying that the roads are greasy and they forcast 10 deg to day feeling more like 5 deg and there has been salt on the roads over the last few weeks , So may just start them up after having a play angry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@Davehutch wrote:
But i may end up just pushing them outside and starting them up till they are warm/hot ,Will see when i finish playing thumbs


DONT DO IT its the worst thing you can do to the engine,its much better to just leave it till your ready to ride it properly.the reasons not to are

1 the engine gets warm but because you dont ride it the gearbox doesn't,this can warp the engine cases.

2 any moisture in the exhaust will not evaporate fully until its been ridden a few miles.

3 you will end up with condensation forming on the engine oil that can do some serious damage (thats the scummy stuff you see on top of the oil through the sight glass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had our evening meal sat out on the deck
as normal. Sat in just shorts and T-shirt,
Rain and lighting all around. Going back
into the air-con, Mrs doesnt like the heat.
She's looking forward to visiting the UK next year!
She hates the humidity here, I love it !


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

take it out dave you know you want to,just give it a good clean when ya get back

will keep ya busy thumbsthumbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dave that cable want flap about and mark the paint will it?

nice pics from Aus, looks a bit rough down there though Smile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looks good that Dave id use a bit of black tak to secure cable thumbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking good Dave, got the same sat nav cover and am really happy. My sat nav cable is tie clipped along the frame besides the petrol tank then up by the steering stem don't know if thats an option for u mate thumbs
TONY i live just south west of you apparently, you'll have to pop round for a couple of pint and a good mbike rideout!! Laughingthumbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bananabananabananabananabananabananapartypartypartypartyparty I have done it been out on both 20 mile on each and washed them , forgot how good it feels lol!lol! Made my wrist ache a bit ,think it was more moving them around the drive and garage , but well worth it forgot how good the b-king is LaughingLaughing will look in to doing something with the lead going up to the sat nav thumbs although I always had it on the bandit like that going to my tank bag and it never marked it , but like i say will look in to it , thanks for pointing it out thumbs


And to top the day off , Robbie turned up on his bike for a cup of tea , nice to see you m8 no1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nice one dave,just another thing to point out watch all them keys dont scratch it to

nice work good to hear ya got out on them thumbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watch the sign on the door don't fall off and watch them nails on the floor and that extention lead looks dodgy to!&&&&&&& Sad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@XS1100 wrote:
Watch the sign on the door don't fall off and watch them nails on the floor and that extention lead looks dodgy to!&&&&&&& Sad
lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@Davehutch wrote:
bananabananabananabananabananabananapartypartypartypartyparty I have done it been out on both 20 mile on each and washed them , forgot how good it feels lol!lol! Made my wrist ache a bit ,think it was more moving them around the drive and garage , but well worth it forgot how good the b-king is LaughingLaughing will look in to doing something with the lead going up to the sat nav thumbs although I always had it on the bandit like that going to my tank bag and it never marked it , but like i say will look in to it , thanks for pointing it out thumbs


And to top the day off , Robbie turned up on his bike for a cup of tea , nice to see you m8 no1


thumbsthumbs Like wise mate but next i'll bring some milk Laughing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pleased you had a good day with the bikes m8, yer i reckon moving two heavy bikes around wont have helped your wrist much Smilethumbs hope you cleaned them well thumbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@dick65 wrote:
pleased you had a good day with the bikes m8, yer i reckon moving two heavy bikes around wont have helped your wrist much Smilethumbs hope you cleaned them well thumbs
they wasnt dirty , but i gave them a good hose down thumbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@Davehutch wrote:
@dick65 wrote:
pleased you had a good day with the bikes m8, yer i reckon moving two heavy bikes around wont have helped your wrist much Smilethumbs hope you cleaned them well thumbs
they wasnt dirty , but i gave them a good hose down thumbs
nice one Dave just gotta watch that salt next thing you know youll have furry nuts Shocked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@dick65 wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
@dick65 wrote:
pleased you had a good day with the bikes m8, yer i reckon moving two heavy bikes around wont have helped your wrist much Smilethumbs hope you cleaned them well thumbs
they wasnt dirty , but i gave them a good hose down thumbs
nice one Dave just gotta watch that salt next thing you know youll have furry nuts Shocked
affraid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like ya had a nice day Dave. Make sure ya don't forget to take care of that Bandit. thumbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@Delboy wrote:
Sounds like ya had a nice day Dave. Make sure ya don't forget to take care of that Bandit. thumbs
Hello Del nice to see ya on here Very Happythumbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking good dave, as said watch the paint work with that loose lead, i'm sure it will be fine though and you will sort something with it thumbsthumbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.