Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lee1

work problems

will try to make this as simple as possible

yesterday at work the 2012 planner/calendar went up

so I went to put some holidays in,the main one being 2weeks from the 27th of august for 2weeks,this is the wifes holiday dates and the dates when I can take the lad away

no chance someones got the week before then and the week from the 27th,that would mean two of us off for four days from the 28th of august

the main ride out stan is planning again someones off

every bank holiday weekend or the week dureing the bank holidays someone is off

bearing in mind the four of us that work there all have kids

so today I approached the manager,in the correct manner can I have a word please yes lee no probs his reply

so I exsplained about the 4day clash,which is the main one I wanted

he said hes not haveing 2 people off at once,so I calmley exsplained my situation this is when the wifes off and the time I can take my lad away

all I got was and this is how it was said to me

Im not botherd,its not my censored problem

I can understand him not wanting 2 of us off at the same time,but we have another site surely they can get cover from this site,just like ive coverd holidays at the other site

Im censored fuming,so every school holiday someones off

The problem here is with your workmates as well as poor management.
With all of you having Kids a free for all, first come first served basis can't work.

These dates should be served out on a rota basis so that you all get a chance of the dates you need.

Poor management, he should have everyones dates and work it out with all the lads so everyone gets something rather than a few get it all.

It don't help but ther'e greedy and your boss is lazy Lee.

@Grumpyowl wrote:
The problem here is with your workmates as well as poor management.
With all of you having Kids a free for all, first come first served basis can't work.

These dates should be served out on a rota basis so that you all get a chance of the dates you need.

Poor management, he should have everyones dates and work it out with all the lads so everyone gets something rather than a few get it all.

It don't help but ther'e greedy and your boss is lazy Lee.

Grumpyowl has it ---spot on!!---BUT... you never know when, ah-hem!----

(illness) might strike Rolling Eyes

sounds crap mate, like that wehere dad works! hope you sorth things, sounds like a crap boss mate!

your right jim,there not work mates at all

Im going into the office on tuesday,to see if hes willing to come to some sort of agreement

If he has the same attitude he had this morning,then Im going to start the grievance procedure

thing is he didnt even say Im putting the planner up can I have your holiday dates

it just went up and I was the last to see it

a bad case of d and v needs to be booked for august i fear! as you need to be clear of it for 48 hours before returning to work, lol Laughing

Being a boss meself weve kept the old year planners and having the same team for a good 5 year i rotate hols, your boss is just a w censored r and needs to take stock of is attitued...take a deep breath mate, you work associates..not mates are just as bad imo... do you want me to ask him angrythumbs

Good luck with it Lee,
but have all your points worked out and maybe even written down, keep it constructive and civil,
as wrong as this is we all need to stay in work.

Jim.

All of the above points are valid, and all make good sense. I won't reiterate them all except to say if you start the grievance procedure, keep it civil, make a note of everything and if someone tells you something also request it in writing.

Feel for you mate. Hope you get it all sorted.

As Stue says, we can always arrange a ride out for a few of us to go and see him LaughingLaughing

bloody hell lee dont jeapordise your job mate im really not that worth meeting and if it comes to that ill come down to donny and we can have a night out cos ive got family in donny Shocked ps your boss sounds like a wanker Laughing

bloody hell lee dont jeapordise your job mate im really not that worth meeting and if it comes to that ill come down to donny and we can have a night out cos ive got family in donny Shocked ps your boss sounds like a wanker Laughing
Im not going to risk me job stan,just put my point across fairly and in the correct manner

as said its the others at work to,it should be shared out each year so we all get to have a holiday with our familys thumbs

The system operated at work is not fair to all, therefore it is discriminating against some individuals.

Arm yourself with the facts before you challenge management.

If you need further advice on sick leave and/or annual leave, you should contact the Acas Helpline on Tel 08457 47 47 47.