Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

Hi-vis gear compulsory in France from next year

never had a problem with hi viz , its always something i wear on a motorway.

i have a belt or a wasit coat better to been seen then not . thumbs

I cant see why it has to be the law to wear one,Im not saying Im against it as I have one

But it comes to something when your told what to wear Twisted Evil

It's being told you have to that censored me off.

They will be telling us what colour to wear on a weekday next.

You carn't go forward you carn't go back you carn't do this and you carn't do that! censored off!!!!!!!!!!!

should be the riders decision whether to wear it or not,and not some suits say so in brussells censored

As I sit in my arm chair with my hi viz on just in case Sad

@XS1100 wrote:
As I sit in my arm chair with my hi viz on just in case Sad
lol! we need to ask Dave for some smoking pipe emoticons Smile

Thinking about this it would probably make more sense to make it a legal requirement that the correct protective gear is worn, the amount of young people I see wearing a normal coat,jeans and skiing gloves is unbelievable , these will protect you more than a hi viz jacket .

@dick65 wrote:
should be the riders decision whether to wear it or not,and not some suits say so in brussells censored

agree totally

Few year ago i used to wear it especially when commuting and in rainy weather but to be honest cages still never seen me Very Happy should be down to each individual riders imo thumbs

You see this thread on every bike forum and facebook page going, personally I wear a full hivis jacket ( as those that i have dazzled on rideouts will know)
this is one topic that really gets people going, I am of the opinion that it should be down to personal choice though thumbs

ITCHY wrote:
You see this thread on every bike forum and facebook page going, personally I wear a full hivis jacket ( as those that i have dazzled on rideouts will know)
this is one topic that really gets people going, I am of the opinion that it should be down to personal choice though thumbs
It was certainly bright Very Happythumbs

@jezza wrote:
Thinking about this it would probably make more sense to make it a legal requirement that the correct protective gear is worn, the amount of young people I see wearing a normal coat,jeans and skiing gloves is unbelievable , these will protect you more than a hi viz jacket .

In some cities in Germany the Police pull over bikers if theyre not wearing proper protective bike gear. Contrast that with Tenerife where I used to live 'T' shirt, shorts and flip flops!!!