Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

bizzar ebay people

on ebay i had an add saying breaking sym jet scooter etc. and at end of description i put if you bit it is for a dust cap.

someone put a bid didnt they. thats odd enough but things get stranger.

i email him asking if hes sure and he then asked for a full address to send me a postal order what would cost him even more. thinking somethings fishy, ive got him to send it to mums school address. i wonder if it could be to get my address being a bike breaker or what. seems strange. dont want them finding my actual bikes. so thought better safe than sorry. before thou he was asking if the bike still had the engine, so wonder if hes hoping ill post the bike to him for 99p scratch

you are bidding for a dust cap? scratch chad you can buy a pack of four for 99p fofl

Dont put your address at all and email him telling him of the actual description of what your selling...dont forget if you havent described it properly in your listings then you owe him a bike for 99p

@Stue11 wrote:
Dont put your address at all and email him telling him of the actual description of what your selling...dont forget if you havent described it properly in your listings then you owe him a bike for 99p

agree Be careful mate. You might have made a valid point in your original post.

sounds like he hasnt read the full description,he probably wants your address to send the postal order dont forget not everyone has paypal

you should put what there bidding on at the start of the ad,when your useing ebay for a cheap ad

be carefull chad as it could be you that loses out here thumbs

dont forget when placeing ads on ebay or selling something,your in a legal contract sounds daft but its true

The buyer could be far more bright than you think Chad. He might be a dealer and see this as the opportunity to buy a scoot for 99p.

I see he is paying by P/O, this does not change what he is/could be.

Look at your ebay ad see if it looks like you are selling a scoot for 99p.

ADDED

Chad. People spend hours scanning ebay etc looking to gain financially from ads such as yours. Be careful mate. Hope it goes ok for you.

ITCHY wrote:
get the link up chad so we can have a look
agreethumbs

Good luck with this one Chad. you may end up with a bit of a sqabble about the wording on this

@Neill wrote:
Good luck with this one Chad. you may end up with a bit of a sqabble about the wording on this
agree

since i gave him mums work address and put wording right hes ignored me. i still think he was after my address. and if there is wll, items been damaged so cant be sold anymore thumbs

if you click the contact details your address comes up.

Oh dear Chad youve given the option of..if you bid you are bidding for the front dustcap...you should have wrote do not bid theres nothing to be won etc etc and then allow folk interested to email ya thumbs

There's loads of similar ads on ebay (which FWIW really get my goat up) and although the wording is a bit tighter I reckon you have nothing to worry about Chad. Even if you put "You are bidding on 1 dust cap only" in bright red at the top of the listing in 400 point font you still get the odd licker that can't read or comprehend.

Technically the buyer may wish to sue you for breach of contract but the wording in your listing *is* the terms of the contract which the buyer agrees to by bidding.

From Ebay Terms & Conditions:
"When a buyer places the successful bid on an item or clicks “Buy It Now”, the two parties will have entered into a legally binding contract.The terms of the contract are set out in the seller’s listing and in agreeing to buy the goods or services the buyer is accepting those terms."

In a nutshell: CHILL OUT thumbs

Chad. The ad in my opinion is ok. Even the most stupid person looking at the ad can see you bid 99p for a dustcap. Also says you are breaking therefore you are not selling the complete scoot.

Don't cash the P/O is it arrives.

@Kenb wrote:
Chad. The ad in my opinion is ok. Even the most stupid person looking at the ad can see you bid 99p for a dustcap. Also says you are breakingtherefore you are not selling the complete scoot.

thanx kent thats what i thought.

thumbs

Hope you registered the business with HMRC. If not do it now.

no thought you have to do tax returns yearly cant make scence of it all. how do it do it then as ill sort that? got decent records

also kent got a question for records,

i have incoming and outgoing of the business.

i say what goes out like postage for the business etc. however i take money out as its an earner. mum said i cant take money out i have to transfer it into anouther bank like im paying someone, but myself is this true?

when for example. i had a few quid in paypal for the business, so i bought a few bits for the bandit to finish it, and he said its fiddling the tax system? so whos wrong me or her? also dave may know. when dont forget im the only one, no other employees

Ring HMRC tell them you started a businesS. You are registered on ebay as a business seller so the safe bet is to call HMRC.