Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dick65

snapped bleed nipple

ive tried drilling it out but no joy can anyone help? dont want to damage caliper
cheers dick thumbs

have you tried stud extractors dick or try welding a small nut on from the inside of the nut but youll need a mig or youre welcome to bring it over and ill do it for you thumbs

thanks stan,im going to try aralditing a bolt on overnight if that doesent work ill get one of those banjo bleeders, cheers for that m8 thumbs

i did that ones on a motocross bike,

i was lucky, there was a hole left in the middle, and where it was soft, i tapped a small flay headed screwderiver in, and it came undone. was lucky there i think. sounds like your going to have fun there dick

if it can wait till friday ill come to you with me mig

cheers stan but i just ordered a banjo bleed nipple thumbs the things well and truly stuffed Sad

Bugger that is I bet its snapped off near the threads aswell,hope ya get it sorted good of stan to offer to thumbsthumbs

yep clean off where threads are, on a positive note pistons popped out in seconds,and thanks again stan im sorted now m8 thumbs

ok mate give me a ring if you need me thumbs cos what id do is place a 10mm nut over the snapped nipple then weld inside the nut with me mig and the heat would shock the broken bit and then just screw it out it always works

I had one do the same years a go.

Used one of the Bango bleed bolts as a temporary fix.

Never cpould get it out.
Gave up, ground the top off and
filled it in with black paint..... Laughing

I had one do the same years a go.

Used one of the Bango bleed bolts as a temporary fix.

Never cpould get it out.
Gave up, ground the top off and
filled it in with black paint..... Laughing

Bit of gaffa tape as well just to hold it all in? fofl

just picked up a cheap rear caliper in good working order so problem sorted, cheers everyone thumbsthumbsparty

@dick65 wrote:
just picked up a cheap rear caliper in good working order so problem sorted, cheers everyone thumbsthumbsparty

Pleased your sorted Dick! thumbs (you could use it as a puzzle challenge when your bored, now you've got a replacement caliper its bound to come straight out head bang )

after much fun and games ive now got a rear caliper good as new Very Happythumbs

thanks lads,took a bit of work to get it to how it is now the half i used from my bike was really clean but the supposed working caliper i bought to replace the other broken half was really rough i just needed 1 half though so that saved a bit of time,i got nos original yamaha seals for £7 and a set of speed bleed nipples for £6 so didnt cost too much Smilethumbs

Nice job Dick , next time i will send mine up Very HappyVery Happy .as you have found out can be a pain in the ass some times

@dick65 wrote:
thanks lads,took a bit of work to get it to how it is now the half i used from my bike was really clean but the supposed working caliper i bought to replace the other broken half was really rough i just needed 1 half though so that saved a bit of time,i got nos original yamaha seals for £7 and a set of speed bleed nipples for £6 so didnt cost too much Smilethumbs
Well done mate thumbsthumbs