Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gravelrash

cleaning disc rotor buttons

Seen this on another forum but thought it might be of interest, not sure about the the WD40 though ShockedShocked

never thought about cleaning mine i suppose ill have to now though but maybe use a shorter bolt than the one in the clip and a ratchet spanner thumbs

thumbs i'd use me ratchet spanner though cool vid thumbsagree Stan never thought of that neither Very Happy

Same for me, never thought about cleaning them. May have to give it a go, though I agree about putting WD40 anywhere near a brake disk affraidaffraid

Always have done this. Its amazing the crud that gets in there. Use disc brake cleaner to flush them out rather than WD thumbs

TheBiker46 wrote:
Always have done this. Its amazing the crud that gets in there. Use disc brake cleaner to flush them out rather than WD thumbs
agreethumbs

great vid Ive never thought to do it to,are well we learn something everyday thumbs

Feel a bit like the prophet of doom here. I have serious doubts about this guy's mechanical know how Suspect

Just a few points...
Rotor carriers are steel and not aloominum confused

I'd only ever use brake cleaner as it leaves no oily residue and never any sort of oil lubricant which will inevitably collect in the bobbin's nooks and crannies migrate onto the face of the rotor through the action of centrifugal force affraid

And the buttons are actually called bobbins just to be pedantic fofl

Did anyone else spot the mismatched bolts holding the disc on. Ok I know I'm a bit censored about these things, just can't help it, I'm fussy where brakes are concerned sorry