Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fallen Angel

Carb Cleaner

Was just wondering if anyone has used any carb cleaners lately. The FZR has stood for a while and although they don't look too bad I need something to clean out the gunk and glaze. I've seen cleaners ranging from £12 (Motul) down to about £4 and because I'm very mean I don't want to pay more than I have to no1

I used a budget can from my local car shop on my lawnmower only £6 but it did the job. I think that carb cleaner is carb cleaner, just differnt brands charge diffrent prices.

a few tanks of super unleaded and ride the bike will get the crap out , cost sod all thumbs

So it's pretty much as I thought. I'll go for the cheap cleaner. The tank isn't as bad as I thought though. Just covered in brown sticky goo, 'orrible. Am stripping and cleaning out one of the carbs each evening as I'd go nuts trying to do them a in the same night head bang

Any carb cleaners ok, just watch the fumes... rip
Give her a carb balance when you reassembled. thumbs

I got an old CB650 sat around for a few years without being run. It wouldn't start as the carbs were all gunged up with old petrol. I got some Wurth Carb cleaner, works wonders; the bike started up straight away.

@Oldgit wrote:
I got an old CB650 sat around for a few years without being run. It wouldn't start as the carbs were all gunged up with old petrol. I got some Wurth Carb cleaner, works wonders; the bike started up straight away.

Ah Wurth, now you're talking my language and a reasonable price too. Have to open an account with them tomorrow.

Wurth, why didn't I think of them slaphead

thankyou