Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RichardH

Earplugs

I always wear earplugs, even for very short journies, I'm thinking of splashing out on some good custom plugs, anyone got any or recomend a company?

http://www.ultimateear.com/

i had some made by these people at the NEC show last Nov.

had them done because started getting tinitus in my right ear.

they send you the moulds to keep in case you lose one you send back the mould and they can make a replacement.

cost about £60 show price which was about half what i was expecting.

thumbs

@Grumpyowl wrote:
http://www.ultimateear.com/

i had some made by these people at the NEC show last Nov.

had them done because started getting tinitus in my right ear.

they send you the moulds to keep in case you lose one you send back the mould and they can make a replacement.

cost about £60 show price which was about half what i was expecting.

thumbs

These are the ones I've got. Makes so much differnce when wearing my Shoei. Saves about 30db on your ears. Who over says buying a decent lid is good for the head forgot about buying decent ear plugs too. Save you head and save your hearing too.

I know its not answering your question but I've used these plugs for a few years now and would highly recommend them, they are comfortable to the point you can forget they're in and are very good at reducing wind noise even at triple figures.
I normally buy them in packs of 50 pairs from ebay for around £7-8

@Robbie wrote:
I know its not answering your question but I've used these plugs for a few years now and would highly recommend them, they are comfortable to the point you can forget they're in and are very good at reducing wind noise even at triple figures.
I normally buy them in packs of 50 pairs from ebay for around £7-8

agree me too thumbs

moldex are fine but i've got funny shaped earholes and they dont stay in place and are uncomfortable for me.

so depends on your ear shape i suppose a bit like different brand lids fit some better than others.

motto is suck it and see thumbs

my lid is really quiet. but if i go long trips i wear moldex

my advise from an old git thats started with tinitus in his right ear,
is I don't care how quiet you think your helmet is,
get into the habit of ear plugs for every journey short or long.

your earing is precious.

(sorry to preach)

@Grumpyowl wrote:
my lid is really quiet. but if i go long trips i wear moldex

my advise from an old git thats started with tinitus in his right ear,
is I don't care how quiet you think your helmet is,
get into the habit of ear plugs for every journey short or long.

your earing is precious.

(sorry to preach)

agree with you all the way thumbs

sorry i posted this then been at work since, thanks for the responses, StreetF I was looking at those but they didnt seem to go that deep into the ear,what sort of noise reduction do they have,ie can you still hear the tele with them in?

ITCHY wrote:
sorry i posted this then been at work since, thanks for the responses, StreetF I was looking at those but they didnt seem to go that deep into the ear,what sort of noise reduction do they have,ie can you still hear the tele with them in?

Not sure I only used them when I had me bike good in the helmet whilst riding, can't find them at the mo, when I get another bike I'm gonna get some more and I'll put a tele on the handlebars and let you know foflfoflfofl

well I like to sit in front of the tele with all my gear on when it's raining thumbs

ITCHY wrote:
well I like to sit in front of the tele with all my gear on when it's raining thumbs

Laughing i had to go shopping in full leathers with the missus the other day when my battery was on charge,long story mate Laughing

ITCHY wrote:

For you my man I will see if I can find them tomorrow and try them out with the tele on do you want my helmet on or off
thumbs