Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Iano

Advice on price of second hand accessories

Got an XJ600n naked yamaha four cylinder 1999, an old dog but I like it.

enough of that!

Been offerred a givi rack for £60 with fittings and Monokey box for £50.

Good buy you reckon?

It's a guy selling on the Yamaha divesion club site.

You can always have a bid with him no harm in giving him a price of what you want to pay. Also what is there condition I would ave a bid with him and see what he has to say thumbs

You can always have a bid with him no harm in giving him a price of what you want to pay. Also what is there condition I would ave a bid with him and see what he has to say thumbs

thanks - yes it's all a bit sight unseen, something of a hike to get to vendors too.

Givi is quality stuff depends on the condition and how much you want to pay.

sounds alright,depends on condition and would it fit your model? thumbs

I paid £125 for a rack and 46l top box for my mk2 bandit so if it's in good nick go for it thumbs

seem fair enough,if the condition is good look on eblag see what there going for thumbs

thanks all, arranged to go over and view the goods -

seems like racks and topboxes have come along way since my earlier years on bikes.

Not a big fan of boxes aesthetically or practically (climbing on and off)

but hey ho sometimes you have to cart things to work and elsewhere without them being soaked or mangled.

If it's the wingrack it's about right money, if it is just the top box rack then it's steep. If it's not got a specific fitting kit for your bike then budget 20 ish quid for that, the universal fitting kit is a bit flimsy.

As fror the box, if it's the newer 'Maxia' type it's about right, if it's the older E36 stylee ones then he's being optimistic.

Monokey is good, monolock is less so. By the way, the cheaper Kappa boxes will fit Givi monokey racks.

I used to prefer soft panniers, but after a week of un-bungeeing them in the dark in a wet mid wales I stumped up for some hard ones, *so* much easier to whip 'em off when arriving at a b&b / ferry and you don't mind leaving valuable stuff in them when you go wandering away from the bike thumbs

yep go for cant go wrong , and if you need to sell it will get your money back also thumbs

good thoughts/advice there - thanks all.