Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smilinjack

Big up DK

Ordered a set of Maxxis for my VFR at 10 yesterday morning, received them at 3 this afternoon. Big up to DK Motorcycles again for stonking service and a good price. I'll try & get them fitted this week as my first steps in preparation for this summer's tour. thumbs

No swearing when you fit the tyres it won't help lol.

@Kenb wrote:
No swearing when you fit the tyres it won't help lol.

My good friend Mash will be doing the business so I expect to remain calm throughout Laughing

im getting tyres fitted on thursday £40 + to fit ShockedSad

@dick65 wrote:
im getting tyres fitted on thursday £40 + to fit ShockedSad

Lordy-tenner a wheel for me inc valve & balance Very Happy

thats a steal alan Very Happythumbsthumbs

Tyre fitting DIY £0.25 for valve. Wife provided with earplugs lol.

Ordered a set of Maxxis for my VFR at 10 yesterday morning, received them at 3 this afternoon. Big up to DK Motorcycles again for stonking service and a good price. I'll try & get them fitted this week as my first steps in preparation for this summer's tour. thumbs

Good to hear a positive story about customer service thumbsthumbs

Good to hear a positive story about customer service thumbsthumbs

Seriously guys, DK have the reputation as possibly the most unscrupulous motorcycle dealers in the UK. I will not say how I personally know this for a fact but I do. Please google them and see a few other peoples experiences. If you hate people who are involved in stealing motorbikes don't give your money to them... I'll say no more thumb down

I don't know anything about the above post but my mate bought a new B12 off them in 1996.

And in 1997 we both bought new Thunderace's

This was when Imports were popular because we saved over £4k each.

Both were full power we had them about 7 years and the bikes never missed a beat.

Not sticking up one way or another but you can only speak as you find..

@Grumpyowl wrote:
I don't know anything about the above post but my mate bought a new B12 off them in 1996.

Both were full power we had them about 7 years and the bikes never missed a beat.

Don't mean to start any arguments but D & K were raided and there was a resulting prosecution for the stolen bikes they were breaking. This is fact. After the number of bikes I have had stolen I couldn't give anyone involved in the stolen bike breaking business money no matter how good the deal they were offering. They have been constantly implicated in all sorts of dodgy dealings.

Personally I know for a fact that the stolen bikes stories are true but am not inclined to explain in a public forum. I suppose its a moral compass thing.

I hate stuff like this as I know 'stuff' but for my own reasons can't explain thing which might change peoples minds. Hey ho, I leave it to you guys to decide...

@Grumpyowl wrote:

Don't mean to start any arguments but D & K were raided and there was a resulting prosecution for the stolen bikes they were breaking. This is fact. After the number of bikes I have had stolen I couldn't give anyone involved in the stolen bike breaking business money no matter how good the deal they were offering. They have been constantly implicated in all sorts of dodgy dealings.

Personally I know for a fact that the stolen bikes stories are true but am not inclined to explain in a public forum. I suppose its a moral compass thing.

I hate stuff like this as I know 'stuff' but for my own reasons can't explain thing which might change peoples minds. Hey ho, I leave it to you guys to decide...
I know nothing either about the above company...thats life in general we speak as we find, Alans happy with is deal and Fallen Angel thanks for your input as i would also think twice about spending money with such companies, thats what our forums about sharing allsorts of knowledge good or bad thumbsthumbs

Oooh, can of worms time Shocked but since I was commenting on the service (supply of new items) and not the morals my conscience can remain clear. And I do like these Maxxis thumbs

seems someone bought a gs 500 2002 model with a restamped 96 model frame or something

ShockedShocked

@lee wrote:
seems someone bought a gs 500 2002 model with a restamped 96 model frame or something

ShockedShocked

There's a bit more to it than meets the eye. If anyone doubts me I would explain what I know in private

@lee wrote:

ShockedShocked

There's a bit more to it than meets the eye. If anyone doubts me I would explain what I know in private
nobody is doubting you

I found that bit of info off another forum

why the big hush hush this story goes back to 2006
and no legal action apparently was taken against dk motorcycles

and the lad got a full refund and another bike

seems strange that nothing has ever been printed in bike mags or mcn

I take it with a pinch of salt reading these story's without knowing the facts,Im not defending dk if they did sell a stolen bike knowing it was stolen then shame on them