Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bibs

seized caliper

Hello all,
I was bleeding my front brake on a cb250n yesterday and was happy to finally get it done, only then did i realise its seized shut, whats the best way to sort this out as superdream calipers are either too much cash or i just cant find them.
thanks guys.
o yeh i also got a differant headlight that wont fit all the electrics in, any advice on wehat to do with it all?
thanks again

@bibs wrote:
Hello all,
I was bleeding my front brake on a cb250n yesterday and was happy to finally get it done, only then did i realise its seized shut, whats the best way to sort this out as superdream calipers are either too much cash or i just cant find them.
thanks guys.
o yeh i also got a differant headlight that wont fit all the electrics in, any advice on wehat to do with it all?
thanks again

put electricts in the headstock

and how much is a seal kit rebuilt it all etc?

hi,
i dont think they will all fit in the head thats the problem.
I think they are around 25-30? just didnt know if theres anything i could do insted of buying one.
cheers chadatious

@bibs wrote:
Hello all,
thanks guys.
thanks again

put electricts in the headstock

and how much is a seal kit rebuilt it all etc?

all you could do is try taking it off and clean the caliper, possibly take pistons out etc, may be worth a pot as it wont cost anything.

and not sure on wires then when i had my bandit i put doms on and had to stretch wired behind the headstock under the tank thumbs

thanks chadiatious,
Ill get on strippin it this week, didnt know if there was some trick im missing as im a bit of a newbie thats all.
cheers mate

all you could do is try taking it off and clean the caliper, possibly take pistons out etc, may be worth a pot as it wont cost anything.

and not sure on wires then when i had my bandit i put doms on and had to stretch wired behind the headstock under the tank thumbs

If their sticking mate they need sorting. Saying that my sv kept sticking and the disc was bent

its off the road as i have the engine out giving it a paint job so i have a bit of time to get it opened.

thanks i will use them as ive got a couple of things and they are on it.

try gently heating the calliper .put it in a vice and try working the piston backwards and forwards,with a pair of slip joint plyers,or try a local garage and see if they have a high pressure airline and try blowing the piston out,but only use the last idea as a last resort,also i,ve soaked one in wd 40 for a few days as well .just got to keep trying it.hope this helps as mine did this a few times,i split the calliper and that works as well

@pugs wrote:
try gently heating the calliper .put it in a vice and try working the piston backwards and forwards,with a pair of slip joint plyers,or try a local garage and see if they have a high pressure airline and try blowing the piston out,but only use the last idea as a last resort,also i,ve soaked one in wd 40 for a few days as well .just got to keep trying it.hope this helps as mine did this a few times,i split the calliper and that works as well
good advice agree

had this on my xjr, soak the caliper in parrafin for 24hrs, worked a treat, quite easy to strip down and clean then new seals all round

Yeah me bro has this problem on his mk2 b6 but the pins r seized will have to strip them down for him. Sad

when youve stripped them and before re-assembly give them a thorough clean with brake cleaner to get rid of all traces of wd40 or whatever youve used thumbs

I put mine on top of a hot tank for 20 mins , then air line and out the piston came . would not move with the air line before . got a full set up of Ebay for the RF hanger caliper . etc for just £9 .

hi,
thanks alot guys for all your help, will get onto it when i have a spare hour and let you know the outcome, i think it should be ok.
cheers