Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

###### internet

I have no internet at the moment angry AOL are sending me anotjer router out , don't realise how much you rely on it till you haven't got it , can only get on the net with my phone

where I work the whole office stops when connections go down.

im still suprised AOL is still running... known for connection issues Shocked can't fault there service, replacing 2 routers without too much of a fuss

Never realised how much time I spent on the net till I lost it , good job for the phones these days so I can come on the forum , hoping my router will come tomorrowor Saturday

its the videos I miss when the internet packs up LaughingLaughing

AOL have *always* been known for their unreliability amongst other things. Admittedly they have improved over the years but still are way behind the field.

Seriously, if AOL were my only option for broadband, then I'd do without.

It depends what you want from you 'net connection Dave, connection speeds/limits/bandwidth throttling/support/connection stability/network response/usenet server access & retention/bundled phone/price/contract length/free router etc are all variables that are differently important to different people, so there really isn't a 'one size fits all' to point at, and anybody's opinion will naturally be based on their own requirements and experiences.

As I live in pikeyville, cable broadband isn't an option for me, I detest 12/18 month contracts, I want full usenet access, a static IP address and typically pull down around 90 Gb a month (that's without using any P2P stuff or binary newsgroups) so my choice is therefore fairly limited and not a bargainous price. The old dear however wants uber cheapness and a phone package and that's about it, so is with a different ISP every 12 months, and the other half wants a reasonable download quota, but doesn't care if it's at 1Mb or 10Mb speeds & doesn't use the net for owt other than web browsing and email, so she is with yet a different one.

IME Zen are very good & stable but dear, Plusnet are OK (a bit less so since they have bought by BT) Be, IDNet, Sky, Virgin and even TalkTalk even have people I know that are happy with their service, but as I said up there, it *really* depends what you want from it.

Here is a decent starting point to see what would suit: http://www.thinkbroadband.com/search/package/basic.html

Failing that, stop digging footings too deep hide

thats why i love be for internet. £17 a month, get about 7Mb give or take, solid 1.5Mb upload, and use anywhere between 150 and 300GB a month without any problems. Infact had a gaming server running for a few months full most of the day/night, no issues and cheap as hell Smile It pays to look around. Seems a bit odd for 2 routers to pack up in less than a year though!!

@Davehutch wrote:
No internet again , to say I am a little mad is a understatement, they say it should be sorted in 24 hours
One brilliant solution Very Happy move from AOL Laughing

Same here, back on-line party Been off for almost a week, but I'm back thumbs Apologies to all for not being able to benefit you with my wisdom and incisive wit, but I'll do what I can to make up for the lost time thumbsfoflfofl

I would have used my phone but suddenly realised I had used up my monthly allowance for internet so couldn't even get on that way head banghead bang

Still, I'm back CoolCool

Same here, back on-line party Been off for almost a week, but I'm back thumbs Apologies to all for not being able to benefit you with my wisdom and incisive wit, but I'll do what I can to make up for the lost time thumbsfoflfofl

I would have used my phone but suddenly realised I had used up my monthly allowance for internet so couldn't even get on that way head banghead bang

Still, I'm back CoolCool
Welcome back Mike partypartyparty

@Davehutch wrote:
It's annoying ain't it mike angry

Definitely agree mate. As you said, until it's gone, you don't realise how much you use it head bangangryhead bangangry

Have to take a little time and go over what I've missed over the past week. so not all bad thumbs Hopefully you're all sorted now Dave?

@Stue11 wrote:

Still, I'm back CoolCool
Welcome back Mike partypartyparty

Cheers Stue thumbsthumbs Felt wierd not being able to look over the forum on the morning. Surprising how much it quickly becomes part of your morning routine Shockedthumbsthumbs Still on with sharing the wit. I think that's right Laughingfoflfofl

@Davehutch wrote:
It's annoying ain't it mike angry

Definitely agree mate. As you said, until it's gone, you don't realise how much you use it head bangangryhead bangangry

Have to take a little time and go over what I've missed over the past week. so not all bad thumbs Hopefully you're all sorted now Dave?
well I am back on line but still waiting for another router to be sent out , I keep loosing connection, thank god for my phone

I would consider getting rid dave,move to someone else thumbsthumbs