Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madsod

next mod on the RF

been think of do this for some time on the RF any way wirte up in this month's practical sportbike . with a how to fit stick coils , so the old one's will be gone soon gives a much better spark and better runing also , got a loom of EBAY for £7 and a set of stick coils of a gsxr for £25 , will put a step to step guild up as i get it done . thumbsthumbs

was reading that garry,might be worth looking into let us know how you get on and look forward to the guide thumbs

Most cars use coil packs on the leads nowdays, it's the way to go. thumbs
Good luck with the mod.

Got the loom today it came of a ZR 750 kawasaki most jap bikes use the same coil sticks so the loom will be ok .

fist job take the mult plug of the loom and put in the bin you dont need this / then take all the tape of the loom you will then have 2 pairs of coil stick cap's i solder all the joints make sure the cable will reach on the engine block . one pair will be for 1 & 4 the other will be for 2 &3 just like on your bike now this will also work on most single , twins and triple ,

all the tape of the loom

new joint;s

and 2 new pair,s all taped up will put more up soon

great start gary look forward to the rest with intrest thumbsthumbs

As the weather has been crap done a oil change as done 500 miles and the engine has not been used for a few year,s also blanced the carbs on my home made stand . and put a ingtion advancer on , the coils sticks are all on and a very big fat blue spark . the bike is so very smooth and the pick up is spot on thumbs

Fair play to ya gary nice result thumbsthumbsthumbs