Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

what do you do with............

donate to airbrush artists to experiment with. Some people on streetfighter forums will have them to cut up and make headlight masks with aswell.

cut the strap off and bin it,or use as a hanging basket thumbs

WISH I KEPT ALL MINE FROM THE 60s--ONWARD, THEY DON'T TAKE UP LOTS OF SPACE, AND ARE NICE,-- OLD TIME TALKING PIECES,
AND BIKING HISTORY..??.

I HAD ONE FITTED WITH A SPINNING VISOR...ANY-ONE ELSE REMEMBER THEM..?.

LOOKED, BUT CAN'T FIND AN IMAGE OF ONE... thumb down

@Davehutch wrote:
@dick65 wrote:
cut the strap off and bin it,or use as a hanging basket thumbs
Why cut the strap off dick ?

So no one takes them out, tries to use them or sell them thumbs

Dave ive donated a few of me lids to the British red cross, and st johns ambulance...they practice removing them incase of an emergency and they are always grateful thumbsthumbsthumbs

@goferit wrote:

I see one of these a few years back at a vintage motorcycle show , the spinning visor was meant to keep the rain off.

@jezza wrote:
@goferit wrote:

I see one of these a few years back at a vintage motorcycle show , the spinning visor was meant to keep the rain off.

like this

@madsod wrote:
@jezza wrote:
@goferit wrote:

like this

Wow, never seen that before. Did it work?

looks like a waterboarding technique Shocked who remembers crap 80's visors?the faster you went the more they moulded to your face Laughingthumbs

I just pass mine on to anyone that needs a helmet if there still ok or bin them if there worn out thumbsthumbs

I agree. If they've still got a bit of life left in them il keep hold of them for a mate or keep as a spare for pillions. My main helper I use now was donated to me by a mate.

One thing I can't start to see though is helmets at the local car boot. All beaten up and scratched. Who in the right mind entrusts their brain in them?

@lee wrote:
I just pass mine on to anyone that needs a helmet if there still ok or bin them if there worn out thumbsthumbs
agree

@lee wrote:

agree Though a colleague of mine has, at the last count, 11 old lids and 3 sets of 2 piece leathers in his loft, all expensive brands, all in perfect nick. Bit of a fashion victim and liked to have this years colour scheme etc and then wouldn't sell his old one because what he would get for them compared to what he paid for them would make him weep No