Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Iano

boiler broked again

grrr and brrr

even the dog has had enough (different dog)

rang the emergency hotline friday - can't get an engineer to you until monday earliest

Not good news with how cold and wet it is , we also feel the cold as we get older Sad

@madsod wrote:
Not good news with how cold and wet it is , we also feel the cold as we get older Sad

thanks - yep damp and chilly, enough of that on the bike.

must be the weather causing it, mine went last month and 3 other peeps I know have had theirs go.

RE:

@aceuggy wrote:
Ah, not good! No

thanks for sympathy with our lack of heat/hot water

Devizes is a nice spot, tend to stop there in the vicinity of the water feature, for a break before cracking on in a sw direction on my summer outings, once got as far as lyme regis.

often say to the mrs after, can't we move down that way, back comes the reply, 'i'm not moving any further from my mother'

RE must be the weather causing it, mine went last month and 3 other peeps I know have had theirs go.

certain comfort in not being alone - thanks, the winter must have been too much for it - 12 yrs old but a problem over those intervening years, something about it that seems to perplex local plumbers so after a load of wasted money we were forced to use 'glow worm' who wouldn't come round until we signed up for a years contract, been doing that ever since.

very clever ploy - invent a complicated boiler nobody else can understand so only your own people can put it right.

not far from me Devizes maybe we could meet up one day . thumbsthumbs

@madsod wrote:

Yep, anytime anyone is out Devizes way give me a shout. I know a great place for coffee and cake. thumbs

@aceuggy wrote:
@madsod wrote:

Yep, anytime anyone is out Devizes way give me a shout. I know a great place for coffee and cake. thumbs
i will do thumbs

like to meet you both - maybe something good has come out of the boiler going awol!

Somewhere nice to eat sounds good - been going to that strange co-operative type cafe near the fountain, is it a charitable organisation to give young people jobs, prices are good but grub a bit questionable despite being delivered with big smiles and a friendly manner.

@Iano wrote:
like to meet you both - maybe something good has come out of the boiler going awol!

Somewhere nice to eat sounds good - been going to that strange co-operative type cafe near the fountain, is it a charitable organisation to give young people jobs, prices are good but grub a bit questionable despite being delivered with big smiles and a friendly manner.

I know the place you mean and it's ok, but there are some much nicer places. There is a great cafe not far out of town that is biker friendly and does amazing food and coffees. (Tea if you prefer) food

Yeah it must be the weather, mine broke a month ago the 3 way valve broke costing me £130. head bang

mine went last month it had just run out of warranty aswell,£145.00 all in bought the part myself £100 then paid a plumber £45.00

saved me some money one plumber said the part alone would be nearly £200 dont think so finger

internet is an amazing place Very Happy

Mine went last year with a leaking heat exchanger... Had 3 plumbers come give me a quote to fix it, all said the boiler had had it and they would be happy to fit me a new one for over a grand.. Shocked

Yeah that's a good idea.... Bought a second hand boiler for 30 quid off the net, knackered, but a good exchanger and fitted it myself... God bless EBay. thumbs

Had to change the thermocouple a month or two back. It's nice to be a bit handy what with the cost of tradesmen, not to mention the waiting. angry

the plumber says;-

'

it's your heat exchanger mate,
'

thought it was going to be expensive on account of the noises it was making

- the repair price came as a particular shock to the mrs

price the parts your self first thumbsthumbs

keeping my fingers crossed on the plumbing charges, got an insurance policy although that is invalidated if the annual service hasn't been kept up.

Unfortunately the last service was 15 mths ago but so far nothing said on that front

however won't fit the heat exchanger unless system is flushed so gone with them on that in the hope that they won't get stroppy on the small print with the parts, tense times.

Power flush and device to collect clag = days work, not cheap. Still this should be the last time..... Rolling Eyes

looks straightforward but know my limitations