Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

gloves and leather jackets

its buggin me and want to sort it?

i used to tuck the wrist bir of my gloves under my textile sleve but my new leather jacket the wrists are too tight i can put gloves over top but i dont find it very comfy,

any solutions or do i need gloves with a smaller wrist as mine are quite long, also my gloves are a size too small could that be it, got a mate 2 sizes bigger to strectch them out and did the job as they are an absolute bargain

@Davehutch wrote:
the wrist of your glove wants to go over the sleave of the jacket thumbs

ahh maybe my gloves are too small. think some leather stretching is in order thumbs

@Davehutch wrote:

ahh maybe my gloves are too small. think some leather stretching is in order thumbs
are they summer gloves ? they dont really have much of a cuff to tuck anywhere

@Davehutch wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:

are they summer gloves ? they dont really have much of a cuff to tuck anywhere

yeah they are but are sports bike type gloves to a thick ankle bit etc. swift v8 gloves!

i used to tuck the wrist bir of my gloves under my textile sleve but my new leather jacket the wrists are too tight i can put gloves over top but i dont find it very comfy,

any solutions or do i need gloves with a smaller wrist as mine are quite long, also my gloves are a size too small could that be it, got a mate 2 sizes bigger to strectch them out and did the job as they are an absolute bargain

never heard of anyone who tucks there gloves in there jacket, gloves are designed to go over the jacket!

@ken wrote:

never heard of anyone who tucks there gloves in there jacket, gloves are designed to go over the jacket!

always found it more confy with the textile jackets

@ken wrote:

always found it more confy with the textile jackets
but the rain and wind will go up your sleave head bang

Wearing a leather jacket youll find most gloves will have to go over ya jacket thumbs

Generally the following works for me Chad:
Summer gloves + leather jacket = sleeves inside gloves.
Summer gloves + textile jacket = gloves inside sleeves (unless you have some stormtrooper with lumps of carbon/kevlar half way up your arm gloves with huge cuffs)
Winter gloves + either jacket = sleeves inside unless you are going slow enough or far enough for the rain to run down your sleeves, in which case gloves inside.

I always put my gloves over the sleeves. Mind you I only have a textile jacket, don't have a leather one thumbs

Gloves over the sleeves for me too. Can't stand the wind going up my sleeves and I have been known to stop and adjust accordingly! Shocked

@Macie_UK wrote:
Generally the following works for me Chad:
Summer gloves + leather jacket = sleeves inside gloves.
Summer gloves + textile jacket = gloves inside sleeves (unless you have some stormtrooper with lumps of carbon/kevlar half way up your arm gloves with huge cuffs)
Winter gloves + either jacket = sleeves inside unless you are going slow enough or far enough for the rain to run down your sleeves, in which case gloves inside.

Same methods I use