Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Macie_UK

Off Topic: Ebay rant

Pointless rant alert: tumble weed

Over at the shallow end of the gene pool, next to the "Big Brother" addicts, people who actually vote on Britain'sXfactorStrictlyJungle shows and Austin Metro owners, is a select group of people known as errrrrrbayers.

These are the ebayers that wouldn't be allowed to have an account if ebay conducted a pre-screening intelligence test - you know something difficult like 'can you write your own name and tell the time'.

On the one hand, some of these group are only slightly irritating, bacause they buy 5 year old second hand stuff at 20% above the cost what you can buy exactly the same item new for Very Happy

Moving on, we'll ignore the denziens that are unable to write an ad in more than 20 words (all of which are in 128 point bright red font) and accompanied by two dozen exclamation marks, because, annoying as they may be, they ain't getting none of my dollah. Rolling Eyes

Next we get to those irksome lot that bid, win, pay - but then leave negative feedback because of the P&P charges - FFS get a grip. Notwithstanding that jiffy bags, bubble wrap, shrink wrap, parcel tape and boxes aren't free - If they don't like the P&P why do they *still* bid on the stuff? confused

Finally we arrive at the one that really make my censored itch - the ones that just don't, or more likely can't [2], read the ad and bombard you with questions that are already answered in the item description, or win the auction and then send a message saying that they didn't realise that it was a *used* Ohlins rear shock they just bought for ten quid [3], despite the item specifics and the description both stating it was not new, or they didn't realise that LE postcode was Leicester and not Leeds and it's a bit far, can you see how much a courier will be for a 4 metre RSJ..... smackhead bangsmack

It's not just me is it? scratch I mean I'm not being a little sensitive? most of these people can vote and breed affraid

sorry Rant over, I'll get back to wrapping stuff up now........

[1] But it makes a change from Gaz's links to Hawkwind videos Very Happy
[2] Perhaps I should find a 'green crayon' font.
[3] Just an example, not literally.

Me too Dave, especially item No 1 at the end Laughing

i know exactly where your coming from macie and as you say these people can breed as well,im not going into detail as youve covered most points Laughing by the way i can put links up as well to certain music videos LaughingLaughingthumbs

well that sums alot of ebayers/ebay itself up
LaughingLaughing

A dark room and long lie down is called for me thinks

I've calmed down now all the wrapping is done, and it made me chuckle when I just read it back.

A nice cuppa and a quick browse on ebay before sleepies Laughing