Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Phoned these people today to see about a new tyre(Maxxis super touring as per the link) for my Kawasaki, which it turns out is out of stock. However, they are currently offering the Maxxis diamond tread touring tyre at £145 a pair delivered. Worth a sniff IMHO. Smile

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAXXIS-YAMAHA-YZF-R7-REAR-180-55-17-MOTORBIKE-MOTORCYCLE-TOURING-TYRE-/280813014417?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item4161c28d91#ht_2963wt_1270

Phoned these people today to see about a new tyre(Maxxis super touring as per the link) for my Kawasaki, which it turns out is out of stock. However, they are currently offering the Maxxis diamond tread touring tyre at £145 a pair delivered. Worth a sniff IMHO. Smile

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAXXIS-YAMAHA-YZF-R7-REAR-180-55-17-MOTORBIKE-MOTORCYCLE-TOURING-TYRE-/280813014417?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item4161c28d91#ht_2963wt_1270

Never used MAXXIS but must be worth a try at the price.

Tell you what Ken I'm a convert. I've had them on my ZZR for a couple of years and can't praise them enough. Good wear rate, and the best handling tyre I've had on this bike. I've got a set of the old type to fit on my VFR before I take it abroad. Recommended, particularly at such a price. thumbs

@Kenb wrote:

Never used MAXXIS but must be worth a try at the price.

agree with you there ken! apprently they dont last quite as long but stick well and at that price thumbs

Close to £200 B/stones and my last front was poor on mileage. 2 fronts to 1 rear.

Tell you what Ken I'm a convert. I've had them on my ZZR for a couple of years and can't praise them enough. Good wear rate, and the best handling tyre I've had on this bike. I've got a set of the old type to fit on my VFR before I take it abroad. Recommended, particularly at such a price. thumbs

You doing them yourself?

@Kenb wrote:
Close to £200 B/stones and my last front was poor on mileage. 2 fronts to 1 rear.

that the bt021's? i hated them on the bandit, got dunlops at min, doing well so far 500 miles in worn in, and front chicken strips are smaller than the rear im putting that much trust in them

@Kenb wrote:

that the bt021's? i hated them on the bandit, got dunlops at min, doing well so far 500 miles in worn in, and front chicken strips are smaller than the rear im putting that much trust in them

Using the 021's on the bike and replaced the front not a pair as lots of proper tread and shape remaining on the rear. When both are finished I might just try the MAXXIS.

@Kenb wrote:

You doing them yourself?

No mate my buddy Mash will do that for me for a small consideration. Very Happy

@Kenb wrote:

You doing them yourself?

No mate my buddy Mash will do that for me for a small consideration. Very Happy

A few jars lol.

Got super maxxis diamonds on my b12 and I have more confidence with then. I thought the b21 tyres were crap and I used to wear a back tyre out in 2500 miles. So far I've done over 500 on these and there wearing well.